Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-05-22 - Strange Creek Campout; Greenfield, MA  (Read 12368 times)

liveforlive

Setlist: 2009-05-22 - Strange Creek Campout; Greenfield, MA
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2009, 12:43:32 pm »
Quote from: PB4Life;231971
Defiantly one of the best shows I\'ve seen, couldn\'t have asked for a better set list. They had the crowd really raging in and around the cabin. I didn\'t have that much trouble working my way into a cabin the whole festival. The only downside was that they couldn\'t have played longer, but they made the best of what time they did have!

Agreed, though I did have a bit of a struggle getting in to the cabin as it was a tight fit. Luckily I have squeezed into smaller venues for lesser bands.

Outside was still bumping though for sure...I\'m looking forward to Harpers for show number 2.
"I hate to advocate drugs, sex, violence, or insanity to anyone...but they\'ve always worked for me."
~Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2009, 02:54:11 pm »
Quote from: liveforlive;231987
Quote from: PB4Life;231971
Defiantly one of the best shows I\'ve seen, couldn\'t have asked for a better set list. They had the crowd really raging in and around the cabin. I didn\'t have that much trouble working my way into a cabin the whole festival. The only downside was that they couldn\'t have played longer, but they made the best of what time they did have!

Agreed, though I did have a bit of a struggle getting in to the cabin as it was a tight fit. Luckily I have squeezed into smaller venues for lesser bands.

Outside was still bumping though for sure...I\'m looking forward to Harpers for show number 2.

Harper\'s is going to be only your second show?

Bring a defibrillator.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2009, 03:25:37 pm »
I\'ve like never seen someone get so into a band as quick as Live4Life ... what was it ... a tape of last Iron Horse show? I been tellin\' y\'all shits off the wall :D
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 03:33:28 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;232015
I\'ve like never seen someone get so into a band as quick as Live4Life ... what was it ... a tape of last Iron Horse show? I been tellin\' y\'all shits off the wall :D

Pffft you probably sleep w/ a copy under your pillow.

Have you heard this Strange Creek set? If you were a first timer at this one you would be having the same reaction as liveforlive.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 03:49:55 pm »
Leith I was obviously there.
And yeah it\'s probably some of the sickest shit I ever saw (and listened to once last night and twice again today) :P

And whatever, I\'ve turned on more ppl with that Iron Horse show than any tape ever. So they musta done something right that night. Double :P to you!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

leith

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2009, 05:46:19 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;232032
Leith I was obviously there.
And yeah it\'s probably some of the sickest shit I ever saw (and listened to once last night and twice again today) :P

And whatever, I\'ve turned on more ppl with that Iron Horse show than any tape ever. So they musta done something right that night. Double :P to you!

I know I know. The thing I find funny abt that recording/show for me is in 10 years that is going to be regarded as one of the shows to have due to your diligence in promoting it and the fact that the show really does kick some butt but the recording is less than stellar.

It totally reminds me of a few tapes I went through hoops and hoops to get of both GD and Phish at one time due to the same kind of fan hubbub.

I don\'t argue your veracity of the playing that night other than I personally have heard better shows to me.

liveforlive

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2009, 01:16:35 am »
Yeah man, it\'s hard not to fall ass over tea kettle for these guy after seeing then rage it at Strange Creek...

...also, I\'ve been listening to 6/10/05 like a fiend lately. Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me>Willie the Pimp is out-fucking-standing.

I have recruited quite a bit of my friends to the cause as well friends. See you at Harpers!
"I hate to advocate drugs, sex, violence, or insanity to anyone...but they\'ve always worked for me."
~Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2009, 01:19:57 am »
I hope your heart is in good condition for when you see Gladys dropped live :D

Leith I think Breakfast upped the ante last weekend so I might have to start playing a different tape for people. If you wanna buy me the soundboard matrix I\'ll be sure to use that one ;)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2009, 04:44:06 pm »
what was the cabin\'s capacity?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2009, 05:20:08 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;232113

not nearly enough.  stood outside behind adrians window most the night.  way more people ragin outside the cabin than inside.  wook central
*Gia*

tpalms4prez

• :banwpoa:
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2009, 12:52:03 am »
they raged soo hard this one i havnt heard a strange creek show this good since 9/17/05 when they played gravity>phattyboombatty>gravity>phattyboombatty. then scarlet begonias fucking sick boy keep it upp

my b 9/17 is a wormtown show but its basically the same
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:52:03 am by tpalms4prez »

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2009, 04:13:23 pm »
hints heard in mayfly = tom sawyer and my sharona
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:40:08 pm by jking »

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 09:56:00 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;232113

it is probably 40 people packed maybe less. They are really small cabins you would expect to see at boy scout type camp. maybe 5 or 6 bunk beds could fit in there.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 11:04:02 am »
Dude it seemed like way the hell more than 40 ppl in that cabin. No? Really?

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 01:07:45 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;232343
Dude it seemed like way the hell more than 40 ppl in that cabin. No? Really?

Well I am terrible at guesstimating crowds but if I had to go from memory about how much floor space is in those cabins I would say 40 people + the stacks and band/gear.

The cabins are really tiny tho. the crowd outside was easily 2x as large.

Looking at the google sat image I would say the cabin is 50ft x 20ft or so.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19