Author Topic: So..... new album anyone?  (Read 9173 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
So..... new album anyone?
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2008, 05:13:24 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;196377
if they did a normal new album...

1. The sound
2. IAQ
3. Reel Time
4. Synergy
5. World Needs Us
6. Metropolis
7. Rush
8. Tunage
9. Eppy 3
10. Rufus

If they did a studio concept Album...

1. Space City affair>
2. Wake up in a Coma>
3. Eschers Etchings (part 1-4)>
4. Episode 3 (awakening)>
5. MU (episode 4)>
6. Son of Simpleton>
7. Sundance

I dig the looks of both of these, but I think the latter would never happen. And Rufus will most likely not get put on the new one... the one from Bona Fide is pretty ser in itself
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2008, 08:57:01 pm »
I could be wrong, but I really don\'t think that Episode 3 will be on the new album.

As far as most of us know, the nine songs debuted in 2008 will definitely be on the album:
Reel Time
The Sound
World Needs Us
Living Daylights
The Message
Infrequently Asked Questions
Metropolis
Rush
Synergy

On top of those nine, Dig, Rust, Escher\'s 3 & 4 and Tunage all probably have a better shot of being on the album than Eppy 3 does. So unless we\'re shooting for a double album, Eppy 3, which would probably run 6-7 minutes minimum, has a very slim shot at making it on the album. In a related story, a double album, while probably not the smartest business decision, would be epic if they pulled it off.

Again, I don\'t have any information aside from what everybody knows and what can be safely assumed, so I may be wrong.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

fizzlefest

• Your Mom...
    • http://www.craigwendler.com
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2008, 06:36:33 pm »
So I checked out the bands myspace page today ( http://www.myspace.com/thebreakfast ) and noticed they added a few studio versions of the new songs to their playlist...

The World Needs Us
Reel Time
The Message
The Living Daylights

Vassillios

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2008, 08:16:56 pm »
sweet... good find

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2008, 08:33:31 pm »
eat a d
*Gia*

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2008, 10:09:43 pm »
they sound good, by why those songs, of all the new ones?

should have been:
rush
reel time
world needs us
synergy
DS Newbers

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2008, 08:05:16 am »
Quote from: ds673488;198037
they sound good, by why those songs, of all the new ones?

should have been:
rush
reel time
world needs us
synergy

Or why not just give the whole album away for free? :drew:

Always leave them wanting more...
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2008, 08:00:05 am »
Quote from: fizzlefest;198026
So I checked out the bands myspace page today ( http://www.myspace.com/thebreakfast ) and noticed they added a few studio versions of the new songs to their playlist...

The World Needs Us
Reel Time
The Message
The Living Daylights

does living daylights sound maybe okay in studio?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2008, 09:23:31 am »
I\'m not sure why everyone hates on The Living Daylights?  I liked this song from the first time I heard it (and yes, the studio version is good).  

Just some thoughts, and I\'m sure, you\'ll all be hating on me after your read this, but I\'m going to say it just the same:

1 - I don\'t know how you would go about recording Synergy, unless you were going to devote a quarter of the CD to it.  That being said, it\'s a great song, but both time I saw them this year (at the same venue), they played Synergy and I left like in total time, it was about 45 minutes to an hour that I didn\'t get to hear some other music.  One time, I get it, but play something else the next time around.  I felt the same way about Tweezer, it\'s seemed that every time I saw Phish, I got this tune.  Don\'t get me wrong, I like Synergy - it\'s just that I\'d rather hear another 1-2 songs in place of it

2 - The World Needs Us and The Message feel a little too preachy to me.  The music fits in great, but the lyrics are so contrasting to the rest of TB tunes that it brings the set to a screeching halt.

Go ahead, fire away
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2008, 09:48:04 am »
all i know is reel time sounds the best of all of them, imo
DS Newbers

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2008, 09:53:20 am »
LD ownz.

anyone who hates on it is a newb in my mind.

1-the composed section of synergy is better than any of the other songs and should be on there just for that. just do a short but sweet jam. I understand your point of the song being overly  drawn out live (but if you went to more shows you would be able to enjoy it more and worry less about what else you might be hearing). Granted sometimes they are very long but dont really go anywhere at first glance. Thats okay though.  Thats how it needs to be. It\'s a total type 2 jam.  Never know where its going to go. I\'d rather that than say OE where you know exactly how the jam is gonna be. Less exciting type two is more interesting to me at this point than hard raging type one. been there done that. stretch it out and just let whatever happens happen. Thats the type of experimentation this band needs to journey on. A lot of the mellower ones are actually great. Just more ambient than your average bfast jam.   How many other songs can you say have an awesome composed section and pure type two jam machines right from the very first version? Needs to be on the album.  Its the best song out of the lot.

2- Message is pretty meh and I would deffinitly skip the track if I was listening to it on cd but the World Needs Us is totally different story.  Its an instant classic in my mind.  If you really understand whats going on in the world today the lyrics are right on.  The music is powerful and tasteful and they usually throw a pretty wicked untz jam on it these days. Demo version is good but I like it live better but it still deffinitly belongs on the album.

also I really don\'t see how people are still so geeked out on reel time?

It was cool at first and great that everyone supported chris on his first track and yea its still catchy  and the demo version sounds good (harmonies sound sick) but honestly...

How many times can you get off on a 6 minute song played at least every other show that is exactly the same every single time???

Its good but its not THAT good! good version and good for the album but live it needs to get axed with the quickness.

overall it could be a wicked diverse and pretty classic album
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:06:32 am by Klout »

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2008, 10:18:07 am »
I don\'t like way the vocals are live; tim shouts/screams his part in a fake/deep growl voice and matt and chris try to do the harmony to it, and, to me, it just doesn\'t work.

Clean up the harmony, make tim\'s growl and real growl and speed it up a bit.

Well, actually, as a breakfast tune it\'s not that bad. I was comparing it to enslaved.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2008, 10:28:23 am »
Quote from: fizzlefest;198026

The World Needs Us
Reel Time
The Message
The Living Daylights

Is anyone else having problems listening to these songs or is my work PC being a POS?
Smell my mule.

Vassillios

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2008, 12:10:08 pm »
Living Daylights is actually the only one I like, and i don\'t even like it that much. The songs sound clean and vocals are crisp, but the songs themselves just don\'t do it for me. I don\'t know if I want an album with all cheesy slow songs... If I buy a Breakfast album I want to hear Breakfast music: fast-paced, strange chord-changes with killer composed sections and raging solos. Lyrics don\'t mean shit to me.

That being said, Synergy, Rush, Metropolis, IAQ are ones I would rather hear in the studio, along with eppy 3 or 4 or eschers or some sick new tim song. These songs on myspace are good to attract noobs i guess, but it\'s sure gonna be a disappointing album for me if they are included.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:07:20 pm by Vassillios »

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2008, 12:57:31 pm »
i genuinely dislike all of these tunes. i agree with vaissillios that LD is the only one i marginally enjoy, and that\'s not much. pretty let down with this stuff.