Author Topic: need some help. . .  (Read 1665 times)

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
need some help. . .
« on: December 15, 2003, 01:29:01 pm »
Not sure if this is something that can be taken care of with a new program but I\'ll ask anyways. Here goes:

When burning a show to disc is there anyway I can get rid of the tiny gap between songs without combining the two into one track? I\'m currently running Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and recording as Disc at Once.

Any help or suggestions for a program will be appreciated, thanks in a advance.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

ChrisF

• http://
need some help. . .
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 02:58:34 pm »
when recording in disc at once you can set the lengths of the gaps between tracks. you may have to go into the options and set the gaps from 2 to 0, or select all the tracks on the screen, right click and change it from 2 to 0. i have never used roxio so i dont know what it looks like.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 03:01:07 pm by ChrisF »

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
need some help. . .
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 04:16:43 pm »
If you are burning " Disc at Once" then YOU have done the correct thing. The problem is that the original show that you have copied was most likely burned using "Track at once" which is a HUGE NO NO in trading circles. You would need a WAV editor in order to "chop" out the silence and piece the show back together. When I get shows like this I usually throw them away or request the person who burned it for me do it again. It is really hard to remove the silence and not have any glitches etc
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

ChrisF

• http://
need some help. . .
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 04:24:21 pm »
Originally posted by kindm\'s
If you are burning " Disc at Once" then YOU have done the correct thing. The problem is that the original show that you have copied was most likely burned using "Track at once" which is a HUGE NO NO in trading circles. You would need a WAV editor in order to "chop" out the silence and piece the show back together. When I get shows like this I usually throw them away or request the person who burned it for me do it again. It is really hard to remove the silence and not have any glitches etc

Actually you are wrong. disc at once doesnt mean no gaps, it means you can set the gaps to any length you want and you want them set to zero seconds. On older cd burning software track at once always meant 2 sec gaps and no gaps in disc at once. these days the default setting in most software is 2 second gaps in disc at once mode.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 06:01:52 pm by ChrisF »