Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 27265 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #270 on: May 14, 2009, 12:55:31 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;230400
Quote from: Vassillios;230395
Someone or something has taken the shape of John Locke, something as old as jacob and richard most likely. Smoke monster? Next season they are going to have to get historical on us, and tell us where jacob and alpert are from originally. "They\'re coming." We still don\'t know who the bad people are, though it appears the new Locke may be one of them.

you need to see the beginning of the episode. jacob was talking to his nemesis in the first scene. he\'s the one who took the form of locke, and i\'m also assuming the smoke monster, yemi, christian, and alex. also in that first scene, jacob was dressed in white, and his nemesis in black.

well that certainly explains a lot. i have to watch it again.

this show is really hitting on some religious concepts with all this adam and eve talk, black and white, good and evil shit.

but what is the significance of all the egyptian stuff?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2009, 01:17:51 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;230391
So...after reading the PT Lost thread I got this interesting nugget: Apparently the fish that Jacob was cutting up in the first scene was a Red Herring.

i don\'t know how this is possible. the species doesn\'t exist
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

peaches626

« Reply #272 on: May 14, 2009, 01:50:13 pm »
a little bit of a frustrating episode, but i liked it...  didn\'t really like juliet/sawyer wishy washy drama... i def wanna know more about jacob now and his nemesis (NEMESIS!!!) and the back story with the black rock (which presumably is the ship coming into the island at the beginning)
taints rule, gypsies drool!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #273 on: May 14, 2009, 02:31:25 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;230395
That\'s a good point. The time travel thing was the theme of the season, but definitely not the theme of the show.

--
"So, you found the loophole"

And then Locke\'s dead body falls out of the casket.

Someone or something has taken the shape of John Locke, something as old as jacob and richard most likely. Smoke monster? Next season they are going to have to get historical on us, and tell us where jacob and alpert are from originally. "They\'re coming." We still don\'t know who the bad people are, though it appears the new Locke may be one of them.

Bernard and Rose suck. But I think they portray some kind of small significance.

Claire better have a cameo or something in season 6.

Kate always looks hot in the season finale\'s.

My thought is Richard arrives on the ship we are shown in the first scene with Jacob and Nemesis. My guess is the ship is also the black rock which they gather dynamite from in the earlier season. If i recall correctly they referred to it as a slave ship.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #274 on: May 14, 2009, 03:28:21 pm »
The adversary strikes again....Damn.  \'Dad\'versary.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #275 on: May 14, 2009, 03:44:44 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;230364
Quote from: leith;230361
I think it\'s interesting that the fish Jacob caught was a Red Herring.

i thought that the red herring doesn\'t actually exist. can lexington confirm this?

I\'m no fisherman that\'s for sure. It was listed in the synopsis as a Red Herring and I thought that was interesting thus my post.

Anyone notice the inverted black and white LOST at the end?
Signifying a change in power on the Island?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: May 14, 2009, 03:46:07 pm »
Quote from: leith;230437

i took it as another time flash, since everything goes to white when they flash...

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #277 on: May 14, 2009, 03:48:46 pm »
that is definitely the first time they did black text on a white background. must be they\'re ending the show next season or something.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #278 on: May 14, 2009, 04:12:24 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;230438

i took it as another time flash, since everything goes to white when they flash...

Interesting.

I simply assumed it was the blast of the Hydrogen bomb. Now what is interesting is a hydrogen bomb leaves all buildings intact. It just kills people (or fleshy things). So that means all island infrastructure remain intact.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #279 on: May 14, 2009, 04:20:58 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;230443
Quote from: davepeck;230438

Interesting.

I simply assumed it was the blast of the Hydrogen bomb. Now what is interesting is a hydrogen bomb leaves all buildings intact. It just kills people (or fleshy things). So that means all island infrastructure remain intact.

That would be consistent with the condition "Adam and Eve" were discovered in at the caves.

It would also be consistent with why Desmond and the other guy he was working with at the Swan station were wearing radiation suits when going outside.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:23:08 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #280 on: May 14, 2009, 04:35:51 pm »
really sad to think about locke after this episode. he\'s truly been played his entire life. he truly believed that he was following his destiny, but all the while, he was just being taken advantage of.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #281 on: May 14, 2009, 04:53:59 pm »
I have not read all of these, but here\'s mine, sorry if someone said it:

last thing they showed (ONLY thing), in the preview for 2010 they showed the ecu of an eye, which was the first shot from the pilot of jacks head in the jungle. only this time it wasn\'t jacks eye. jack has blue eyes, this person had green eyes.

Also, we never actually SEE hurley take out the guitar but he carries it everytime he goes somewhere other than work ever since coming back to the island. The guitar "isn\'t mine" according to jacob, but jacob had it and hurley took it. hurley must have looked inside at some point, otherwise why take it?

so, what\'s in the guitar case?

That fish was red, and while theres no such thing as a red herring, they could have easily dyed a herring red for symbolism. I want to know more about the other guy that was there at the beginning with jacob.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: May 14, 2009, 04:59:43 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;230447
Also, we never actually SEE hurley take out the guitar but he carries it everytime he goes somewhere other than work ever since coming back to the island. The guitar "isn\'t mine" according to jacob, but jacob had it and hurley took it. hurley must have looked inside at some point, otherwise why take it?

so, what\'s in the guitar case?

i personally don\'t think it\'s anything more complicated than charlie\'s guitar. again, trying to recreate as much of the original flight as they could.

Quote from: FrankZappa;230447
I want to know more about the other guy that was there at the beginning with jacob.

8-9 more months..

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #283 on: May 14, 2009, 05:03:08 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;230391
So using this line of thinking, I think this is directed specifically about the time-travel aspect that was so prominent this season...I don\'t think time-travel really has anything to do with the central plot of LOST.  I take that to mean this season of LOST was more of a distraction from what the first 4 seasons were getting at, specifically FAITH, FATE, and DESTINY...and how they all revolve around the others, losties, dharma, jacob, and the rest.

but this line of thinking really doesn\'t make any sense. the idea of time travel is exactly what proves "FAITH, FATE, and DESTINY." the O6 went back in time and tried to change the future and couldn\'t do it...or they did do it. still not sure. either way, the idea of time travel is central to proving whatever the show wants to prove. hardly a distraction

Quote from: davepeck;230446
really sad to think about locke after this episode. he\'s truly been played his entire life. he truly believed that he was following his destiny, but all the while, he was just being taken advantage of.

that\'s partially locke\'s fault isnt it? takes two to tango. when he wanted to believe in something, he believed it without question.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #284 on: May 14, 2009, 05:10:52 pm »
here\'s a completely off topic question i have...

what is the relevence of the fact that the world is supposed to end in 2009 (according to the dude who originally figured out the numbers)? presumably due to the fact that that was when they knew the series would be ending, but why haven\'t they made anything more out of that fact? you\'d think some modern-day dharma dhudes would be a little more freaked out/intent on solving the problem of the numbers, ya know??