Author Topic: You Know You Want One...  (Read 1730 times)

Cori

• old school fan
    • http://
You Know You Want One...
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:44:16 am »
I got this email from someone at work. I got my cats there a year and a half ago and there were 80 cats that needed adopting and several dogs; I think they need to get all these animals adopted this weekend:

In case you haven\'t seen today\'s paper, the Meriden Humane Society is in an emergency situation. They are $87,000 in debt, and it looks like they will have no choice but to close.

If you or anybody you know are in a position to adopt a homeless dog or cat, PLEASE go to the Meriden Humane Society this weekend. They will remain open from 1PM Friday through 5PM Sunday to try to get as many dogs and cats as possible adopted. Volunteers will actually sleep at the Humane Society Friday and Saturday nights to assist people who can only get there at night.

PLEASE forward this email to everyone you know who would be willing to help, whether it be adopting an animal, or helping to get the word out to others. Even if they\'re not local, they may know someone who is, and they might just be somebody who is in a position to adopt one of these homeless pets.

You can visit the Meriden Humane Society\'s webpage at http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/meridenhs.html and click on "Our Pet List" to see pictures and bios of pets that are currently needing homes.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me getting the word out about this terrible situation. I sure hope that I don\'t read in the paper that these poor animals all had to be euthanized due to lack of homes.
That would be devastating news.

Thanks so much.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
You Know You Want One...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 12:18:28 pm »

awww!  this little guy is soooo cute!  i wish i could take him home... i promise, anyone who adopts him will get pet-sitting anytime!

Quote from: Petfiinder
"Completely Masculine," an "American Classic," Jett has all the rugged good looks of a highly chromed Harley Davison! Jett also knows the basics; sit, stay, come and he has improved drastically with his leash behavior. He loves people but sometimes becomes a little overwhelmed with a new person and will jump and carry on. He is good with most dogs but a dog interaction is required and we would strongly suggest a female dog as his companion. Jett needs lots of structured exercise, but once he gets into a routine and gets the exercise he needs, he will be the dog that will defend you with his life. Jett has all the wonderful qualities of a Pit/LAB; he is loyal,and loving. Unfortunatly, the breed is misunderstood and dogs like Jett are past over far too often! Jett needs a strong owner, one who will love him unconditionally but will also keep him in line! People stop and stare when we walk Jett because he is not only "strikingly handsome," but also Happy! Give Jett a chance! He has so much to offer!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
You Know You Want One...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 04:00:09 pm »
this is an evil thread. don\'t let sallyalli see this...
caress me, aunt jemima

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
You Know You Want One...
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 04:14:31 pm »
get a dog for the House of 1000 Taints to cover up the two allegedly homo-cats you have.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.