Author Topic: Name The Breakfast\'s Street Team!  (Read 21535 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Name The Breakfast\'s Street Team!
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2006, 12:39:35 pm »
Blubladan\'s Bitches....  that is good. I like B-Team as well.

Nothing too cutesy here people.

I do not like the way "Bfam" sounds... the idea is cool, but Bfam kinda makes me cringe.

So that\'s my input, sans any actual contributions or original ideas. :P
Masturbation in the MFA

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2006, 12:42:01 pm »
I think your wrong here. Every band has a street team and it is usually named to some extent. Without a street team or promotion the band won\'t be around in 2008.

I agree that the fanbase shouldn\'t be named yet but definitely a street team.

No band makes it anywhere with out promotion.

The band is at the stage where the promotion of the band by its fans will make them or break them.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2006, 12:47:10 pm »
Fanbase first... This fanbase (as far as regular Breakfast addicts go, people willing to tour) is about the size of two of the art classes I subbed for today..
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2006, 12:51:00 pm »
You can not have a fanbase without promotion of some sort.

Promotion and Street teams are essential to the success of any band.

How do you build a fanbase???? By promoting the band.

People are not just going to show up.

Quote from: TreyChica
Fanbase first... This fanbase (as far as regular Breakfast addicts go, people willing to tour) is about the size of two of the art classes I subbed for today..

There is a larger fanbase in the mid-west than I think you know about. Not all of them post here on .info but they do love there breakfast out there.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:52:35 pm by Spacey »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2006, 01:02:48 pm »
Let the record company/venue worry about promotion. Fans should worry about enjoying the music. I used to worry about street team stuff all the time, and I realized it took away from my main desire, "the music".

It\'s not that I disagree with street promoting, I think it\'s a brilliant idea, but when it comes down to it I think professionals should be handling it, plus naming it is just plain silly.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2006, 01:25:48 pm »
Ever band has a named street team even if it is as simple as The Breakfast Street Team. Umphrey\'s has Umph Street Team.

The record company only promotes the record. The venue hardly ever promotes the show outside of there establishment. I do believe that there needs to be assistance from both but my main desire is the music too and while I can appreciate that you do not want to do any of the foot work as far as promotion there are others out there that enjoy spreading the music. Promotion is not only for the "professionals", what ever they are it is the fans responsiblity as listen to help spread good music, whether that be burning discs, doing vines, talking the band up or whatever.

The other thing that I think many of you all forget is that promotion=major money. A band like the breakfast can not afford "professionals" to hand out and promote the band. So, if we left it up to these professionals, the band would get stale and we would be a few steps back from where we are.

This negativity and what we think is best for the band needs to stop. We all need to stay fucking positive and do our part to help in whatever way we can. That can be as easy as going to a show.

Keep it positive people.

If we all really knew something about anything, then why are we sitting around on a message board? Those who know go out and do.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 01:28:34 pm by Spacey »

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2006, 01:29:16 pm »
I do my part in spreading the buzz and the music.... To me that\'s the best promotion possible.

macfawlty

• top donor for now...
A couple name ideas
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2006, 01:29:45 pm »
Psycho Pygmies or Psycho Souls
----------------------------------------------------
I know he moves along the piers. Calls himself a "journey agent"... a "Eulipion"... says his friends, the poets, the artists, the musicians are journey agents too.
Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Theme for the Eulipions

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2006, 01:33:01 pm »
I agree with Weekapaug19, I think The Breakfast Street Team is fine.

Boring we need something with some life to it
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2006, 01:33:59 pm »
I do my part in spreading the buzz and the music.... To me that\'s the best promotion possible.

my point exactly

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2006, 01:43:30 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Ever band has a named street team even if it is as simple as The Breakfast Street Team. Umphrey\'s has Umph Street Team.

The record company only promotes the record. The venue hardly ever promotes the show outside of there establishment. I do believe that there needs to be assistance from both but my main desire is the music too and while I can appreciate that you do not want to do any of the foot work as far as promotion there are others out there that enjoy spreading the music. Promotion is not only for the "professionals", what ever they are it is the fans responsiblity as listen to help spread good music, whether that be burning discs, doing vines, talking the band up or whatever.

The other thing that I think many of you all forget is that promotion=major money. A band like the breakfast can not afford "professionals" to hand out and promote the band. So, if we left it up to these professionals, the band would get stale and we would be a few steps back from where we are.

This negativity and what we think is best for the band needs to stop. We all need to stay fucking positive and do our part to help in whatever way we can. That can be as easy as going to a show.

Keep it positive people.

If we all really knew something about anything, then why are we sitting around on a message board? Those who know go out and do.

:that:

what kind of profession hands out handbills at the end of a show they just went to. if anyone is capable/ responsable for spreading the word and knowing what\'s going on it\'s the fans. form now on every time i go to a non-Breakfast show i\'ll have a couple hundred hand bills printed out to pass out. but i think cd\'s would be the most effective means of promoting the band, from what i saw yesterday at Umph. if those kids had a disk to listen to on the way home.... money..... would you say.... "no thanks man i don\'t want any free music".... hells no.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2006, 01:44:38 pm »
Garcian Assholes

No handbills...

Handbills with discs on the other hand :):):):):):):):):):):):)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 01:46:03 pm by Overexjoesure »

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2006, 02:02:47 pm »
Garcian Assholes

No handbills...

all i have to say about that is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2006, 02:45:45 pm »
Quote from: derickw
Garcian Assholes

No handbills...

all i have to say about that is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

when we hit the powerball all promotion for the life of the band will be taken care of ;)
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2006, 02:57:07 pm »
hey macfawlty and Tware- congrats on the first posts!!
 Wild Pack of Asscracks, in all seriousness, fits well as a name for a street team if one is desired, imo.  We all know it is a nastee tune, but as a title of something, it almost embodies the madness that this group of musicians is able to pass on to the audience who then catch the Tribal Funk Affliction and have seen the Psygn, yada, yada, yada.......
my .o2
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.