Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-05-31 - Harpers Ferry; Allston, MA  (Read 14028 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Setlist: 2009-05-31 - Harpers Ferry; Allston, MA
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2009, 09:44:54 pm »
Who\'s got my heady download?????
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2009, 10:10:31 pm »
Quote from: Me!;232597

:that:

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2009, 10:29:41 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;232257
ok so we get a good turnout here...awesome,oh wait lets talkshit about the venue so no one shows up next time...sweet

I totally understand your frustration Ad.  It\'s gotta suck when you do everything right to book a well-timed show and you perform well too, but then the venue staff goes and screws it all up for you.  However, it is not reasonable to expect fans to not speak openly about their experiences at shows.  If a whole bunch of people have a similar bad experience at a show, they\'re going to get on the internet and shout it out.  You can\'t possibly expect everyone to keep quiet for the good of future booking, especially when they feel like they were wronged.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2009, 07:52:13 am »
It is pretty simple.

If the fans hate the venue, they will not go. If they do not go, there will be no show.

The band needs to communicate this to the venue. If the venue gives you a hard time, you go on to the next venue.

Find a venue that you like to work with and that likes to work with you and really develop that relationship.

No sense in playing Harper\'s Ferry if they are going to curb the attendance of the show with a power trip attitude.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2009, 08:05:22 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;232590
So how was that Mike Gordon sit-in?

he got denied too
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

psychjosh

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2009, 08:11:10 am »
Quote from: ds673488;232393
not to rub it in anyones face, but I was absolutely hammered when I got to Harper\'s Ferry, I budged the line right in front of the bouncers, and I was wearing a bright orange t-shirt that said "Los Angeles County Jail" and the bouncers didnt give me one problem getting in :duck:

From the sounds of it, it seems like the more tame you acted, the better chance you had of getting shit from them at the door.  If they ever play there again, everyone should drink a 750ml of whisky beforehand and act line buffoons in line, then maybe we\'ll all get in.

I did see them treat people like absolute shit, and it was seemingly random too.  Maybe I just wasnt one of the unlucky ones who happened to be in front of them when they decided to trip on power.

Totally random with exception of a couple who were clearly and overtly spun to the end... I guess the liability if they let em in and they die on the way home if pretty serious. Beleive it or not They ALMOST didn\'t let me in.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:11:25 am by psychjosh »
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2009, 09:01:13 am »
Quote from: psychjosh;232618
not to rub it in anyones face, but I was absolutely hammered when I got to Harper\'s Ferry, I budged the line right in front of the bouncers, and I was wearing a bright orange t-shirt that said "Los Angeles County Jail" and the bouncers didnt give me one problem getting in :duck:

From the sounds of it, it seems like the more tame you acted, the better chance you had of getting shit from them at the door.  If they ever play there again, everyone should drink a 750ml of whisky beforehand and act line buffoons in line, then maybe we\'ll all get in.

I did see them treat people like absolute shit, and it was seemingly random too.  Maybe I just wasnt one of the unlucky ones who happened to be in front of them when they decided to trip on power.

Totally random with exception of a couple who were clearly and overtly spun to the end... I guess the liability if they let em in and they die on the way home if pretty serious. Beleive it or not They ALMOST didn\'t let me in.

This is what it\'s all about right here. Lawsuits make the world go round. As usual, I\'m speaking from the venue perspective, but every single venue policy that makes you bang your head against the wall in frustration was implemented because some jackass sued the club over an injury caused by their own flaming stupidity. Toad\'s gets sued all the time.  They happen to have a great a lawyer, but to expand upon Josh\'s point: In theory I could slam 10 shots at one bar, walk across the street to another bar and order a drink before they\'ve really hit me. If I get in the car after an crash I can sue the 2nd bar for serving me while intoxicated.  I probably won\'t win, but some small places can\'t afford to go to court, so they settle for a (relatively) small sum. Toad\'s happens to see defending these suits as cost of doing business, but for a smaller bar they can be crippling.

The best way to fix this would be to have the booking agent provide a list of these policies to fan sites such as this one, so people are at least aware of the rules before they go.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:04:24 am by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2009, 12:02:23 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;232621

This is what it\'s all about right here. Lawsuits make the world go round. As usual, I\'m speaking from the venue perspective, but every single venue policy that makes you bang your head against the wall in frustration was implemented because some jackass sued the club over an injury caused by their own flaming stupidity. Toad\'s gets sued all the time.  They happen to have a great a lawyer, but to expand upon Josh\'s point: In theory I could slam 10 shots at one bar, walk across the street to another bar and order a drink before they\'ve really hit me. If I get in the car after an crash I can sue the 2nd bar for serving me while intoxicated.  I probably won\'t win, but some small places can\'t afford to go to court, so they settle for a (relatively) small sum. Toad\'s happens to see defending these suits as cost of doing business, but for a smaller bar they can be crippling.

The best way to fix this would be to have the booking agent provide a list of these policies to fan sites such as this one, so people are at least aware of the rules before they go.

Does anyone ever win those lawsuits?  Seems pretty ridiculous that liability could fall on a bar for serving someone who makes the choice to get drunk and the choice to get behind the wheel.  How is that the bars fault in anyway whatsoever regardless of whether the person has had one or ten drinks?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2009, 12:07:53 pm »
Quote from: Klout;232633

Does anyone ever win those lawsuits?  Seems pretty ridiculous that liability could fall on a bar for serving someone who makes the choice to get drunk and the choice to get behind the wheel.  How is that the bars fault in anyway whatsoever regardless of whether the person has had one or ten drinks?

It does.

If the bar serves a knowingly or seemingly drunk person, they are liable. That is where Liquor Liability comes into play.

Winning a lawsuit is really not important as much as the possibility of a law suit. Which just having to get your lawyer involved can cost a lot of time and money.

It is prudent for bars, clubs and liquor stores to take that responsibility. Removing all the potential risks.

It is there business. They can run it like they want.

America is in love with law suits ever since that dumb bitch spilt coffee on herself.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2009, 12:16:00 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;232636
Quote from: Klout;232633

It does.

If the bar serves a knowingly or seemingly drunk person, they are liable. That is where Liquor Liability comes into play.

Winning a lawsuit is really not important as much as the possibility of a law suit. Which just having to get your lawyer involved can cost a lot of time and money.

It is prudent for bars, clubs and liquor stores to take that responsibility. Removing all the potential risks.

It is there business. They can run it like they want.

America is in love with law suits ever since that dumb bitch spilt coffee on herself.

exactly.....when i worked in a liquor store, we wouldn\'t serve people all the time because they were drunk or smelt like booze. It\'s much cheaper to lose one customer than being shut down for 3 days and facing fines is
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2009, 03:18:50 pm »
Last I checked booze and "spun" isn\'t a lethal combo :P
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2009, 03:50:30 pm »
As Pesci once said... "There\'s ways to do things, and there\'s ways not to."  If they\'re gonna treat us like pieces of shit & power trip because they\'re trying to make up for their own "little" problems... FUCK \'EM & their ferry!  Doesn\'t matter how good the show or venue is if people aren\'t there to see it & they\'re going home pissed-off after driving a long way & getting denied entry!  It was more the way people were thrown out than the fact that they threw people out.
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2009, 10:52:00 am »
Quote from: galenas;232600
Quote from: Me!;232597

:that:

dvd is done and the BT should be up within 24hours. i still need kens new camera info so i can post this on the tradersden.

anyone willing to help seed can arrange to pick up a dvd copy at bar on wed.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2009, 11:14:59 am »
Quote from: ChrisF;232814

That is sick... Is that a Trey bobblehead driving the party bus??:biggrin:
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2009, 01:02:29 pm »
got any bonus footage: security pricks in action?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex