Author Topic: Creative artist needed  (Read 645 times)

mvallo

Creative artist needed
« on: February 02, 2006, 12:19:55 pm »
Hello breakfast fans,
Chris fitzpatrick and I (Matt Vallo) have been recording multi-camera video for the Breakfast at various local venues. Most of the video and audio editing is complete and now we are in dire need of a volunteer with artistic creativity, who would be willing produce some original artwork for the menus and covers.
What I\'d like right now is something for the family Jam show from 8-7-2005. This is a 2 disk dvd show that includes the Breakfast, Pencilgrass, and Fuzebox. The cover artwork has to be something that will work for all 3 bands and have space there I can insert Text infomation. Artwork could be computuer generated, scanned painting, photo or a combo. I am open to any ideas or suggestions. The family jam is not guaranteed to be released and still needs final approval from the bands. A finished product will give this a better chance for official release. At this point all I can guarantee in the way of compensation is your name, email, and or webpage will be on the cover or menus, and our thanks for your help!
Please contact me in private for more infomation,
Matt Vallo
mvallo@snet.net
some details:
video format NTSC widescreen
I can also send you a blank dvd cover and cd template via email in either adobe and photoshop.
Cover Title: Family Jam 2005
The Breakfast
Pencilgrass
Fuzuebox
Back cover:?
Edge cover:Famly Jam   August 7th, 2005    Double Disk DVD

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Creative artist needed
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 02:02:43 pm »
I\'d give it a shot. Do you have logo artwork?

I don\'t really have much for preliminary ideas, but I\'m pretty good with graphic arts and have done a fair amount of professional Photoshop work. Usually the ideas come to me once I get started.

send me an email hydrostop@yahoo.com with dimensions, resolutions, band/"family jam" logos if you got it, and whatever ideas you might have.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ChrisF

• http://
Creative artist needed
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 02:14:29 pm »
the dvd jacket is 10 3/4 inches across x 7 3/4 inches down

or

the front and back separately are 5 1/16 across x 7 3/4 down with the spine being 9/16 if an inch x 7 3/4 down.

i woudnt worry too much about logos and fonts. matt and i still have to figure  out exactly all of the information that needs to be on it. if you make something please keep it in adobe illustrator .ai or .eps format so that changes can be made to it when we have a better idea of what we are doing.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Creative artist needed
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 02:20:28 pm »
Just a thought.

You should consider this for the Daniel Street show also. After seeing some of the footage the other day, this to me is the best breakfast DVD out there. The shots are fantastic and the way that you guys captured the band, energy and feel of the show was outstanding. It should be an official release because I truely believe it will fly off the merch table on tour.

Just a thought.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Creative artist needed
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 02:29:51 pm »
Allright, well the offer stands for whenever you\'re ready. You guys should get in touch with me once you know for sure what\'s gonna be on it... not that editing layered text or whatnot is a problem, I just prefer to offer a more finished product. Also, knowing exactly what needs to be on there in terms of text could affect the whole design concept.

So, lemme know.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ChrisF

Creative artist needed
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 02:34:26 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Just a thought.

You should consider this for the Daniel Street show also. After seeing some of the footage the other day, this to me is the best breakfast DVD out there. The shots are fantastic and the way that you guys captured the band, energy and feel of the show was outstanding. It should be an official release because I truely believe it will fly off the merch table on tour.

Just a thought.

anyone that wants to submit something for daniel st following the same guidlines is welcome to. i was hoping to make artwork myself, but the sooner everything is done the better and i still have a long way to go on the video. it would be nice if the band had it playing on the portable tv at the merch table with copies to sell in time for the tour.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Creative artist needed
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 02:42:57 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF
Quote from: Spacey
Just a thought.

Just a thought.

anyone that wants to submit something for daniel st following the same guidlines is welcome to. i was hoping to make artwork myself, but the sooner everything is done the better and i still have a long way to go on the video. it would be nice if the band had it playing on the portable tv at the merch table with copies to sell in time for the tour.

Exactly.

This Daniel Street project really captivates the experience well. If I had one ounce of artistic talent or tracing talent, I would do ya some artwork.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Creative artist needed
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 03:27:05 pm »
all i can do is take pictures and some photoshop work. i\'ll gladely give my works to anyone who thinks they can do anything with them.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Creative artist needed
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 04:26:15 pm »
sweet guys glad to se all this coming together

I love everytime I see my BReakfast DVD collection grow now I won\'t have to write in sharpie on the side of blank DVD cases

Kudos to you both!!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

mvallo

Creative artist needed
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 07:20:02 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna
I\'d give it a shot. Do you have logo artwork?

I don\'t really have much for preliminary ideas, but I\'m pretty good with graphic arts and have done a fair amount of professional Photoshop work. Usually the ideas come to me once I get started.

send me an email hydrostop@yahoo.com with dimensions, resolutions, band/"family jam" logos if you got it, and whatever ideas you might have.

Thank you for helping out - your work will be greatly appreciated.  Chris and I will get you all the info you need to start the project.

thanks!!