Author Topic: The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread  (Read 25640 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2008, 02:36:59 am »
Kobe with Bronchitis scores 37 with 7 assists and 2 steals against the Bucks.
He should play sick more often.
Better than that was the continuing evolution of Andrew Bynum 25 pts and 17 rebounds.
The Lakers are now 1/2 game out of first in the Pacific AND a 1/2 game out of 1st overall in the West!
They actually have the same record as last year at this time and if they can avoid the injuries they had last season who knows what can happen?
This team is young overall but has Kobe, Derek, and sometimes Lamar to help them along.
They are learning fast and have so much potential to contend for a few years.
It\'s nice to look forward to this and not pin hopes on veteran players that may run out of steam by the end of the season.
GO LAKERS!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:41:33 am by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2008, 06:04:31 am »
Remember when Jordan used to score 50+ with the flu? Those were the days...

I like the fact that the West is definitely not that much stronger than the East this year. Overall, collectively, the West is better, but I\'ll take Detroit and Boston up against anyone in the NBA right now.

I\'m also crossing my fingers for a 71-11 (at best) Boston final record. False pride? Absolutely.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2008, 02:10:42 am »
FUUUUUUUUUUCK! Bynam goes down WITH A KNEE INJURY!!!!!!!!!!
X-Rays were negative and they say it\'s just a sprain but DAMN! Just when things start rolling this shit happens. Last year it was Kwame and Lamar.
Hopefully they can get over this hump quickly and keep this season\'s momentum going. They still won tonight which is fantastic.
Did anyone think this team would be this good at all? Kobe didn\'t and I am so glad he decided to give it some time.
GO LAKERS!!!

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2008, 03:31:03 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;170000
Kobe has no chance of carrying that sorry squad even if he were interested...and he\'s not interested. Too bad the Lakers shit the bed at the exact same time the Celtics got nasty.  
!
Uh what year is it?
The celtics are # 1 in the East right now and in the West it\'s
THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Bynum out for maybe up to 8 weeks I don\'t see them staying there for long but they should stay near the top until Bynum gets back. Another win for The Lakers tonight though Seattle took them to OT due to a lack of a post presence since Kwame sucks.

Oh and have teams begun to figure out the celtics or are the celtics flaws i pointed out starting to hurt them? I guess it\'s one and the same.
Quote from: leith;169947
[
 The big 3 cannot sustain that team. They have no center and unless that Rondo kid plays like that all the time(I don\'t know I don\'t watch them), the big 3 will get worn. The celtic bench is decent at best.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:33:04 am by leith »

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2008, 09:31:05 am »

Yeah Bullets! Way to take 2 in a row from the best team in the East.

Maybe they\'ll finally draw someone other than the Cavs this year in the playoffs.
Smell my mule.

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2008, 09:45:11 pm »
Last night\'s game was a bummer. Even w/o Bynum the Lakers still made it a game in the last minutes. It is going to be a rough 2 months if Kwame does not get his act together.Still have the 2nd best record in the West though.

One great thing that came out of this game was the remarks by the team afterwards esp. Kobe.

From the Lakers post game:
Much of the talk in the Lakers\' locker room afterward concerned Kwame Brown, who is filling in for the injured Bynum. Brown felt the wrath of the home crowd in the third quarter, when he missed an open dunk and committed four of his seven turnovers.

Many fans booed Brown every time he touched the ball for several minutes before he came out for good after committing his fifth foul with 3:50 left in the third period. He had eight points and six rebounds.

"I thought it was terrible," said Kobe Bryant, who led the Lakers with 30 points and seven rebounds. "If they want to do that, they can stay home. He\'s going to be our guy here for two months. He\'s going to do fine, he\'s going to play well the next game.

"Kwame\'s sensitive. You boo him, it\'s going to affect him. I told him I\'ve got his back."

Kobe has no chance of carrying that sorry squad even if he were interested...and he\'s not interested. Too bad the Lakers shit the bed at the exact same time the Celtics got nasty.  
!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2008, 10:29:48 pm »
ive noticed in the past few years (maybe its cause of James, sort of like a new Jordan-esque figure), that the NBA has all of a sudden started to become a bit more exciting competitive.  for a good 5 years, the league was dismal.  its good to be able to enjoy regular season games again.  anyone else agree?
DS Newbers

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2008, 10:55:45 pm »
Yeah.

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2008, 02:16:37 am »
Damn now Ariza is out with a broken foot suffered in practice.
Nice rebound win for the Lakers though and Kobe went 5 for 7 to get 17 points and 11 assists as the Lakers won easily in Denver.
Now the #3 seed but looking more and more like a team as they fight off the injuries.

!

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2008, 10:47:42 pm »
Damn that\'s 3 in a row lost and the Lakers are the 6 seed now. The West is crazy this year. 4 teams have been number one so far and San Antonio has not been one of them.Today\'s game was a loss but it was such a great game and the celtics lost too so.... This 9 game road trip would be so much nicer w/ Bynum but w/o him? Kwame is at least looking better which isn\'t much but it\'s something.
GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!

!

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2008, 05:37:56 pm »
Ahh lost by one last night to Detroit but The Lakers still played well.
Now rumor is Pau Gasol to the Lakers!
If that happens and Bynum comes back healthy......
BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2008, 06:29:52 pm »
The Gasol-for-Brown trade is absolute thievery by the Lakers. Great work!

leith

The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2008, 10:50:18 pm »
So far 3-1 on the 9 game road trip and looking better and better each game. Pau\'s first game 24 and 12 an immediate difference in the post for the Lakers. He fit into the Triangle well and his addition has moved Lamar into a more comfortable position for him and it showed tonight. Derek was lights out and Kobe had more assists than points! NO you did not read that wrong Kobe had 8 assists and 6 points. Once Bynum gets back........

Kobe has no chance of carrying that sorry squad even if he were interested...and he\'s not interested. Too bad the Lakers shit the bed at the exact same time the Celtics got nasty!  

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2008, 06:09:41 pm »
I\'m gonna post just so leith doesn\'t feel like he\'s talking to himself... lol

Just got home from atttending Celtics-Spurs and was at Celts-Clips on Wednesday.  The Celtics, without their two biggest players (Garnett and Perkins, no to mention 7-foot Scott Pollard who was also out), just beat defending champs Duncan and San Antonio and never trailed in the second half.  The "superior" Western Conference is now an impressive (are you sitting down?) 0-16 against the Celtics.  Most notably, of course, the Lakers at 0-2.  I told you these Western teams would have to prove themselves against Boston.  Not one of them has pulled out even one win.  Big Baby Davis and Leon Powe (our scrub forwards) held Duncan down while Pierce lit up the scoring end.  

So, if the Celtics have the best record in the East...and nobody in the West can beat them for even one game...it looks like we\'re headed to banner #17!  Not a moment too soon either; now that the Patriots lost, I\'ve been waiting a whole 4 months for a championship around here!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
The \'07-\'08 NBA Thread
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2008, 06:47:29 pm »
I was totally going to check out the Celtics when they come to Golden State next Wednesday, but my flight back from Texas doesn\'t arrive till the middle of the game.  

Oh well, I\'ll get a look come playoff time.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex