Author Topic: Apizza  (Read 21283 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Apizza
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2008, 04:07:25 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;195531
Speaking of pizza, go to Jimmy\'s in Milford on New Haven Ave.   The Speciality Pizza "Danielle" will blow you away.  Order it as toxic, if you are brave.  And maybe if you are lucky, Danielle will actually be your waitress.

is that the place where holly/gavin got that gross looking grease pie from on sunday??

confirm?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Apizza
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2008, 04:22:44 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;195526
Hats off to Sally\'s Apizza, which today celebrates its 70th year of producing and serving the best pizza that ever graced one\'s palate.
Yay New Haven Pizza!

I still haven\'t tried Sally\'s.  I\'m probably gonna be out there in the next month or two and will have to see what I have missed on all my previous trips to New Haven.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

davepeck

• Administrator
Apizza
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2008, 04:24:39 pm »
al, let me know when ahead of time. i\'ll make a reservation. we\'ll do it big naaa kid.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Apizza
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2008, 04:30:17 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;195541
al, let me know when ahead of time. i\'ll make a reservation. we\'ll do it big naaa kid.

I\'ll starve myself in advance of the feast.

I\'m guessing August or September, whichever has a more badass New Haven show planned.  I haven\'t been out there in almost a year.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Apizza
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2008, 05:41:50 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;195541

dave is prouder of the reservation capabilities he now possesses than a elementary school kid is bringing in some new toy on the first day back from winter vacation for show and tell.

naturally, we\'re all still jealous. :biggrin:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
Apizza
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2008, 12:19:33 pm »
i\'ve eaten at "the spot" twice in the last two weeks and it was so on the money it was silly. the only issue seems to be whether there will be clams or not. BAR was really good last night as well.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Apizza
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2008, 12:41:41 pm »
I understand that everyone is all high and mighty on the New Haven pizza and with good right to, but I\'d like to inject some great Jersey pizza if I may

Ralph\'s Pizza - Nutley
Nellie\'s Place - Waldwick
Pete & Elda\'s - Neptune
Kinchley\'s - Ramsey
Sawmill - Seaside Heights

You can go to any of these place and get great pie and not have to wait more than 10 minutes to get a table.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Apizza
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2008, 02:01:00 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;195644
I understand that everyone is all high and mighty on the New Haven pizza and with good right to, but I\'d like to inject some great Jersey pizza if I may

Ralph\'s Pizza - Nutley
Nellie\'s Place - Waldwick
Pete & Elda\'s - Neptune
Kinchley\'s - Ramsey
Sawmill - Seaside Heights

You can go to any of these place and get great pie and not have to wait more than 10 minutes to get a table.

yeah but then you\'d have to go to jersey and who wants to do that? ;)
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Apizza
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2008, 02:19:13 pm »
I know, I know, not all of us are lucky enough to live outside of red sox country and live in the land of the Boss.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen