Author Topic: The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread  (Read 63507 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread
« Reply #570 on: October 30, 2007, 03:21:58 am »
Quote from: davepeck;166385
yawn > meh > fart.

don\'t be upset just cause the Yanks are spiraling the drain.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #571 on: October 30, 2007, 06:37:06 am »
Quote from: Me!;166459
yawn > meh > fart.

It\'s called a rebuilding decade you dick!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #572 on: October 30, 2007, 11:41:48 am »
Pitchie was absolutely right on when he predicted the Sox in 4 games. Good thinking.

The Sox are just too good of a baseball team right now to be fucked with.

Not sure how I feel about Girardi but I like him much better than Mattingly right now.
A-Rod has not contributed to a title in New York, so zeits se hwee. If my memory serves me correctly, the Yankees won a World Series without him. Hope that he never wins a world series.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #573 on: October 30, 2007, 11:55:03 am »
Well, regarding my accurate prediction of the World Series\' outcome, I\'ve never been so upset to be right.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox for currently being the sport\'s dominant franchise, as much as it makes me sick to say it.

And Torre and Mattingly both rumored to the Dodgers and the Yankees fucked up again regarding A-Rod. Don\'t expect the Mets to sign him, but it\'d be fun if they at least showed up to the dance.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:32:25 pm by ChrisPitch »

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #574 on: October 30, 2007, 04:51:06 pm »
F A-Rod.  I hope that guy gets a shittier contract (though I\'m sure a team will up the ante and pony up more than the Yanks did).  Many of the key post-season players on the Red Sox made under half a million this season.  For $30 million (or more) a year, I would not want to assume such a large financial risk spread over a decade (or whatever he is jockeying for).

I\'m not sure why (I don\'t watch much baseball or track players very closely) but he looks sleazy to me.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #575 on: October 31, 2007, 01:04:21 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;166462
Quote from: Me!;166459
yawn > meh > fart.

It\'s called a rebuilding decade you dick!

:lol:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #576 on: October 31, 2007, 08:52:19 am »
I had to miss the championship parade because I couldn\'t get out of work.  

Oh well.

I\'ll just have to go to the championship parade in February.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #577 on: October 31, 2007, 02:24:11 pm »
i watched the parade on tv, but then later i was in cambridge on memorial drive and we drove right by all of the players on the duck boats (minus paplebon and the dropkicks).  they were all on their way back to fenway from city hall...it was awesome!  i didn\'t have to be in any of the crowds at all :)

ps:  anyone hit up free taco day at taco bell?  i think it was pretty useless for everyone in boston, because there\'s only like 3 taco bells in the city :thumbsdow
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #578 on: November 01, 2007, 04:56:55 pm »
In case you forgot...

The Boston Red Sox are the 2007 World Series Champions![/B][/COLOR]

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #579 on: November 01, 2007, 06:06:24 pm »
can\'t believe I am posting this link, though I am sure some have seen these, but for those who have not, I got this link forwarded to me by my mother, who is also a yankees fan, my guess is she got it from her stop and shop cohorts in quincy, ma as a \'fuck the yankees\' joke, but either way they\'re some pretty good picks. makes me almost have some respect for the red sox for being party type kids, almost. . .

ALCS Celebration Pics.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming as I dive back into my hole.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #580 on: November 01, 2007, 08:40:47 pm »
Quote from: antbach;166856
can\'t believe I am posting this link, though I am sure some have seen these, but for those who have not, I got this link forwarded to me by my mother, who is also a yankees fan, my guess is she got it from her stop and shop cohorts in quincy, ma as a \'fuck the yankees\' joke, but either way they\'re some pretty good picks. makes me almost have some respect for the red sox for being party type kids, almost. . .

ALCS Celebration Pics.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming as I dive back into my hole.

That is so fucking cool.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #581 on: November 01, 2007, 08:50:18 pm »
I am so fucking jealous of the people who were there... That was probably my one chance to convince Mike Lowell to leave his wife and live happily ever after with me. :lol:
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #582 on: November 02, 2007, 11:32:40 am »
Quote from: jocelyn;166879
I am so fucking jealous of the people who were there... That was probably my one chance to convince Mike Lowell to leave his wife and live happily ever after with me. :lol:

you\'re going to have to fight off my 97 year old great aunt for him. As she puts it, he\'s a tall drink of water. :lol:

Ok, so a question for yankee fans/anyone who would know:
We just cut some stuff with broll of torre getting a large paperweight type award and he was holding it in his left hand. The reporters were all taking pictures, blablabla. One of the reporters asked him to put it in his other arm and he said "I can\'t do that" he then turned so that he was holding it on the other side, but still holding it with his left hand, the right one just balancing the back of it.

No one here could figure it out. Is there something wrong with his right arm? It looks like the award would only weight about 10-15lbs at most (all glass, about the size of a extra large soda)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
my new desktop picture:
« Reply #583 on: November 02, 2007, 11:36:31 am »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #584 on: November 03, 2007, 01:11:45 am »
when do they announce Cy Young, Rookie of the year and all that other shit.