Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-09-30 - Porter\'s Tap Room; Westbrook, CT  (Read 13628 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2005-09-30 - Porter\'s Tap Room; Westbrook, CT
« on: October 01, 2005, 04:11:00 am »
I: Gravity, Psygn* > Drunk Monk Bar, jam > Sleeping Beauty** > LDZ > Band On The Run > jam^ > Puppetry, Good Things*, Rufus^^    

II: Funk-A > Inner Glimpse, Beef Barley, Score > See The Light# > Score, The Vermont Song > What The Funk > The Vermont Song  > What The Funk## > The Vermont Song  

E: L.A. Woman

* first time played.
** with \'Merge\' tease.
^ with \'Magic Johnson\' (Red Hot Chili Peppers) teases.
^^ with \'Two Tickets To Paradise\' (Eddie Money) and \'Inca Roads\' (Frank Zappa) teases.
# inverted.
## with \'Aeroplane\' (Red Hot Chili Peppers) tease.

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 05:07:48 am »
Great show. Can\'t wait to hear it again.......
Stupid posts to fallow.
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

ulee

• Psygned in
Setlist: 09/30/05 - Porter\'s Tap Room; Westbrook, CT
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 10:59:34 am »
stupidd post #1

great energy in the crowd!  fun to see everyone there...

Highlights: turning into a puppet during Puppetry
               Funk-A  
               wearing a custom Beef Barley visor and not necessarily caring if they played that song but then having TP do a ridiculously complex and perfectly executed syncopated strumming jam in it that topped anything my funky mind could conjure up...

:drew: funk yeah.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 11:01:01 am »
Goodbye Porters..  what a way to go out.   great to hear some newbies, hang with everyone etc  Beef Barley was freakin great...couldnt count how many times ive heard this song, and i know dave raves about it, but the jam and song itself is fun and deffinatley funky as hell. nice creative sandwich as well. Tight like a tiger
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 11:06:54 am »
First Time Played reports?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Tweety_Gal

• Psycho purple canary!
    • http://www.myspace.com/tweety42
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 11:20:06 am »
Two new songs, both pretty good.....sounded very beatlesish.
If the thunder don\'t get you then the lightning will!

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 12:13:28 pm »
All I can say is BEEF BARLEY,SCORE>SEE THE LIGHT#>SCORE
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 12:32:45 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley
First Time Played reports?

Psygn is awesome (with the exception of the spelling ;)).. rockin\' tune that definitely brought a smile to my face.. they soundchecked it at the last porter\'s show, but it was put on hold since.. the beginning sort of sounds like \'Rocket\' (Smashing Pumpkins), and for a second i almost thought they were playing that (prolly woulda shat myself if they did).. anyways, i really like the tune, and ronnie\'s got some nice parts in it..

Good Things is more of a ballade, which tim leads.. all i could say during it was \'People are MOIST right now!!\'.. :D good tune.. i tried transcribing some lyrics a little while ago, but it\'s not worth it with all the gaps i ended up with, so i\'ll just post them when i get them..

anyways, really fun night.. great way to say goodbye to porter\'s. why they don\'t play BOTR more often is beyond me.. definitely one of my favorite covers..

the return of Funk-A... now THAT is old school..

first set was the tits.. there was just no way the second set could top it, imo.. the sandwiches were cool (VT and WTF play very well together), but the first set was just way too far from the hook.

bye porters. thanks. :(:wave::(

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 01:05:52 pm »
the puppetry made me almost fall over 80 different times..
the band on the run is the best request ever..thanks again..
timmy p is a maniac from another planet..
the kid in the front almost found out what its like to get his face punched in at a rock and roll show..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 01:13:57 pm »
Soooo Longggg Porters! Def a great show, I love the new tunes.  First set was def awesome, I cant get enough of Band On The Run. I hope Porters will let me back in to pick up face from the floor. The second set was molded perfectly into a nice 4 song sandwhich. Probably my fav Beef Barley to date, and I\'ve heard some pretty good ones, the jam was off the chain.  This was the second time I have heard the Vermont Song since they spiced it up, great way to keep a classic tune alive.  A nice show to end a run at my favorite Breakfast stop..........cya ya all at Harpers Ferry!
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

medusanyc

• break-freak
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 01:31:41 pm »
Awesome performance.  The place was hopping.  Just about everything I would expect from the closing performance of my favorite place to see the breakfast.  Thanks Porters for all the great times.  And thanks The Breakfast too.

SG = Rest in Pieces :(

I know it\'s not much but I did have a minor milestone= My 25th show YAY!!

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 01:37:06 pm »
punch?
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 01:46:42 pm »
i just have to say as timmy\'s pedalboard\'s bodyguards, we successfully prevented digger (episode III).

first set was redonkulous.  i thought psygn was a great tune, and the puppetry blew my fucking mind off.  rufus is always a pleaser as well.

see the light always gets me goin, but this one didnt top the lions den version for me.  VS>WTF>VS>WTF>VS definitly surprised me.  they really killed those tunes and the segues were FLAWLESS.  good way to send porters off to new management.
Postcount +1.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 01:56:08 pm »
chris,scottie,justin,thanks for the great times youve provided us...
while reading the menu pregame,i seriously got a bit choked up..it sucks but there was no better way to end a great thing than how we all did last night..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 02:23:29 pm »
Oh no! They busted out TWO new tunes? What the hell is Gencs gonna bitch about now?
But on the ser tip, Nice to see they sent Porter\'s out right. Gravity opener? You had to know the place was in for some shit! Rufus closing the 1st set? OK whatever GUYS!!!! I\'m thinking they are gearing up for a fine October.
This will be up when? How about mp3\'s of the new tunes somewhere?hmmmm? That would be dope.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.