Author Topic: Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!  (Read 17634 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2008, 12:34:48 pm »
Random question... I notice that there are only 6 TB dates scheduled through the remainder of the year... Any chance that they will be coming back to Donnegals before the year is out?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2008, 12:54:17 pm »
doubtful. I\'d be surprised if anything else pops up before the year is over. I might be wrong, but...

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2008, 01:59:52 pm »
That\' stinks... I\'d love to see a show, but anything that\'s not in the direct area gets really tough...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2008, 10:31:55 am »
I consider myself lucky as I was literally one of about 10 people that heard the only Ahoy! without May Fly... coincidentially, it was also the first Taboo (at the Taboo Club).

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2008, 10:42:37 am »
Quote from: Yoda;210564
I consider myself lucky as I was literally one of about 10 people that heard the only Ahoy! without May Fly

oh no...
Masturbation in the MFA

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2008, 11:02:11 am »
What the hell!!! Is everything I post slopped into this thread.  It was an honest response to ds#s comment in the WUIAC thread.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2008, 11:10:07 am »
i think its just the fact that youve referenced the song "ahoy" about 4000 times on this board
DS Newbers

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008, 11:38:36 am »
what song...... considering its a part of MAYFLY it is thus no longer Ahoy.........

:out:
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2008, 11:43:39 am »
Quote from: ds673488;210569
i think its just the fact that youve referenced the song "ahoy" about 4000 times on this board

Lets put this into perspective.  There have been 175 total posts where the actual word has been used.  I\'m responsible for 29 of those posts, which makes me accountable for 16.6%.  Although, I may have sparked those other posts, there\'s 146 posts from other people.  I\'ll leave it at that.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2008, 11:49:44 am »
honest question - LAYLA - one song or two?

the two parts were written and initially played separately, so i\'m curious how you feel about that one?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2008, 11:59:44 am »
I honestly can\'t say that I have an opinion one way or another.  I\'m a Clapton fan, but didn\'t know that they were two seperate songs at one point.  I think that in that intance, I like them as one song because the second part is instrumental and it flows.

As for the song "which shall not be mentioned", I know that it\'s melded into one at this point, but I remember the first time I heard it, when it was on it\'s own and it sounded like an Irish/Boating/Viking like song and I connected with that.  When it was tagged onto the end of Mayfly, it kind of lost that feeling.  I still love the "whole" song, but the ending is what makes the song for me.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2008, 12:42:10 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;210571

Lets put this into perspective.  There have been 175 total posts where the actual word has been used.  I\'m responsible for 29 of those posts, which makes me accountable for 16.6%.  Although, I may have sparked those other posts, there\'s 146 posts from other people.  I\'ll leave it at that.

you sound like wolfman now
DS Newbers

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2008, 01:03:54 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;210577
Quote from: Yoda;210571

you sound like wolfman now

if that were the case we would have an over/ under on when it will be said again
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2008, 12:52:41 pm »
New Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band Album Due Out January 27, 2008

Bruce Springsteen\'s new album "Working on a Dream" has been set for a January 27 release on Columbia Records. "Working on a Dream" was recorded with the E Street Band and features twelve new Springsteen compositions plus two bonus tracks. It is the fourth collaboration between Springsteen and Brendan O\'Brien, who produced and mixed the album.

"Working on a Dream" Song Titles:

1. Outlaw Pete
2. My Lucky Day
3. Working on a Dream
4. Queen of the Supermarket
5. What Love Can Do
6. This Life
7. Good Eye
8. Tomorrow Never Knows
9. Life Itself
10. Kingdom of Days
11. Surprise, Surprise
12. The Last Carnival

Bonus tracks:
The Wrestler
A Night with the Jersey Devil

Bruce Springsteen said, "Towards the end of recording \'Magic,\' excited by the return to pop production sounds, I continued writing. When my friend producer Brendan O\'Brien heard the new songs, he said, \'Let\'s keep going.\' Over the course of the next year, that\'s just what we did, recording with the E Street Band during the breaks on last year\'s tour. I hope \'Working on a Dream\' has caught the energy of the band fresh off the road from some of the most exciting shows we\'ve ever done. All the songs were written quickly, we usually used one of our first few takes, and we all had a blast making this one from beginning to end."

"Working on a Dream" is Bruce Springsteen\'s twenty-fourth album and was recorded and mixed at Southern Tracks in Atlanta, GA with additional recording in New York City, Los Angeles, and New Jersey.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:34 am »
Brian Wilson - 11/24/08 (Wellmont Theatre - Montclair, NJ)

Set 1
California Girls, Girl Don\'t Tell Me, Dance Dance Dance, And Then I Kissed Her, Surfer Girl, In My Room*, Salt Lake City, All Summer Long, Please Let Me Wonder, Add Some Music To Your Day, Little Girl I Once Knew, Do You Wanna Dance, Do It Again, Sail On Sailor, Marcella, I Get Around*, Wouldn\'t It Be Nice, God Only Knows, Good Vibrations

Set 2 - Complete "That Lucky Old Sun"
That Lucky Old Sun, Morning Beat, Room With A View, Good Kind Of Love, Forever She\'ll Be My Surfer Girl, Venice Beach, Live Let Live/Lucky Old Sun Reprise, Mexican Girl, Cinco De Mayo, California Role/Lucky Old Sun Reprise, Between Pictures, Oxygen To The Brain, Can\'t Wait Too Long, Midnight\'s Another Day, Lucky Old Sun Reprise, Going Home, Southern California/Lucky Old Sun Reprise

Encore
Johnny B Good, Help Me Rhonda, Barbara Ann, Surfin\' USA, Fun Fun Fun

Encore 2
Love And Mercy

* Vocal flubs by Brian.  He started in the wrong key at the beginning of In My Room and lost his breath during I Get Around and coughed for a little bit.

This show was really cool.  The venue was really nice except for the fact that the seats were labeled with masking take with the numbers written on that.