Author Topic: Ozric Tentacles - 6/20 (BB Kings)  (Read 1002 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Ozric Tentacles - 6/20 (BB Kings)
« on: May 12, 2009, 02:01:18 pm »
Not sure if there are any fans out there, but the Ozric Tentacles are playing BB Kings on 6/20.  Tix are $15 advance and $19 at the door.  I know that this is Father\'s Day Weekend, but there is no TB show booked as of yet...  Not even sure if I can make it, but these guys don\'t come to the area too often, so check them out...

Schedule
May 27th -  The Independent, San Francisco, CA
May 29th - Club 2410, Portland, OR
June 11th - The Terrace at University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
June 12th - The Abbey, Chicago, IL
June 18th - Beachland Ballroom, Cleveland, OH
June 19th - Cafe Club, Pittsburgh, PA
June 20th - BB Kings, New York, NY
June 23rd - Johnny Brenda\'s, Philadephia, PA
June 25th - 8 x 10 Club, Baltimore, MD
June 26th - State Theatre, Falls Church, VA
September 6th - Prog Day, Storybook Farm, Chapel Hill, NC
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:22:15 pm »
Gonna be honest here. Never heard of them.

They like good or something?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:32:46 pm »
They\'re pretty good... Sort of like that electronica that we were all debating a few weeks ago, but actually good...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 04:39:44 pm »
They seem interesting them after the google surf.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 04:54:32 pm »
I have a couple live albums and a studio album that are pretty good...  They put out a lot of 2 for 1 CD\'s at a reasonable price...

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 05:52:02 pm »
i don\'t know how electronica they are, though they definitely use a lot of keys/synths. i think they\'re just real, british psychedelia.... saw them at the funk box/8 x 10 a couple times, one of which the guitarist kept leaning down offstage to hit the thing i had.... luckily, the place was so packed and the pa system was in just the right spot, that the only folks who knew what he was doing were us....

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 06:42:06 pm »
Quote from: jking;230175
i don\'t know how electronica they are, though they definitely use a lot of keys/synths. i think they\'re just real, british psychedelia.... saw them at the funk box/8 x 10 a couple times, one of which the guitarist kept leaning down offstage to hit the thing i had.... luckily, the place was so packed and the pa system was in just the right spot, that the only folks who knew what he was doing were us....

Unless they have a new line-up, there\'s only one guitar player... At least Jumping Jon is gone.  That guy didn\'t add much to the band other than jumping around and occasionally playing flute...

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 06:42:51 pm »
I\'ve seen OT at least a half dozen times and have about 10 of their CD\'s.  They have found a way to blend ethnic/space/rock/jazz/psychedelia into an interesting musical stew.  In the last 10 years or so, Leader and Guitarist Ed Wynne has played most the instruments on the studio albums, which has lent itself to a more streamlined, electronica type of sound at times.  His guitar work is very reminiscent of You-era Gong with Steve Hillage.  He and his wife Brandi, who plays bass and keys, have recently moved to the States and are living in Colorado.  I\'ll probably hit the Chicago show, as I haven\'t seen these guys in years.
You Lucky Bastards!

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 06:49:31 pm »
yes. there was only one guitarist, it was one of the couple times i\'ve seen them that i meant. on second look, i could have been clearer. still gave whoever was playing guitar a nice little present, nonetheless... this was probably about 5 or 6 years ago.... maybe a little more recently.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 06:52:00 am »
Haven\'t seen them in years, but I would hesitate to call them electronica. Nearest band I could like them too would be the biscuits, but the Ozrics have been doing it for decades!! Ed is a bloody good guitarist, but it is always hit and miss whether they let him rip or not.

"British psychedelia"? I like that. They even use that on the official board. Some way to try to categorise what is an uncategorisable band.

Let me know what they are like now - though UK shows seem to be few and far between these days.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 07:21:46 am »
I\'m gonna give these dudes a listen since it seems they have earned at least that.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 08:40:41 am »
Try either, There Is Nothing, Live at the Pogmaster\'s Ball or Sunrise Festival...

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 10:20:31 am »
I enjoy this band very much. I\'d also love to finally see them live.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave: