Author Topic: Buquebus  (Read 25405 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Buquebus
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2009, 01:38:32 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;224629
To date, I don\'t think I\'ve fully listened to those epic Puppethouse shows.  Pretty sure I only listened to the Doors and Beatles novelty sets when the shows were first released.

And I call myself a fan??

after that confession im not too sure al.  when someone asks me my most memorable/epic show it is still to this day the puppet house.  besides queeb, puppetry fuckin ripped.  but still the best queeb i\'ve seen/ heard to this date took place 8-20-05.  STRAIGHT UP YALL
*Gia*

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
Buquebus
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2009, 04:02:40 am »
I am gonna have to say 07-07-2006, the last Beardslee Castle!! not only was it Jordo\'s "Last Show" but the Buquebus was practically the whole third set if you figure the space city affair>jam>Buquebus>drum solo was really all one song. Also it was like 2am, i had a tent to go back to, and i was balls deep in some psychedelics.

"Newb" me all you want but I think i\'m doing Ok. im somewhere over 30 shows and assuming we can get these guys some more venues I\'ll hit my goal of tipple digits. I\'ve seen The "original" Breakfast, never the psychedelic breakfast, or at least when they called themselves that. The Trio produced some of the most ridiculous guitar/keyboard at the same time nonsense, and unbelievable intensity. but its all about now, i\'m waiting for next weeks Buquebus or the one after that, because it\'s only gonna get better.

i must admit that i have not been to a single puppet house show, but if someone would like to point me in the direction of some epic archived shows, i would be much obliged.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Buquebus
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2009, 04:14:47 am »
Quote from: bezerker;224630
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;224629
To date, I don\'t think I\'ve fully listened to those epic Puppethouse shows.  Pretty sure I only listened to the Doors and Beatles novelty sets when the shows were first released.

And I call myself a fan??

after that confession im not too sure al.  when someone asks me my most memorable/epic show it is still to this day the puppet house.  besides queeb, puppetry fuckin ripped.  but still the best queeb i\'ve seen/ heard to this date took place 8-20-05.  STRAIGHT UP YALL

Dude that shit was SER as FUCK w/the Puppet Master (Sebastian?) and Puppets going with the music!

Fuck that was sooooo much fun!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Buquebus
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2009, 08:48:46 am »
For me, the top 3 would have to be:

8/12/00 (Yargur\'s Farm / Greenstock) - The boys played for almost 4 hours during the first set.  The band that was playing after them decided they didn\'t want to play and they wet back for another 2+ hours in which everything they played was jammed to the nth degree, including Buquebus.

2/11/00 (Toad\'s Place) - First time played.

12/9/00 (Amoskeag Brewery / NH) - Buquebus was the 2nd set opener blew open that set.

I\'m sure that there are longer version and more synthed out db sounding versions; I prefer the early versions that changed from show to show...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Buquebus
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2009, 09:09:06 am »
Can\'t remember the date, but the Toad\'s Place show where the played:

Queeb > WUIAC > Queeb

This was probably my favorite
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Buquebus
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2009, 09:18:22 am »
Great thread, Gabboooooooooooooooooooo.

Puppet House Buquebus is still on the top of my list, will have to review and see if any more that I have heard are on that list.

I know that the UAC Buquebus when the speaker caught on fire is not on the list.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Buquebus
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2009, 09:19:25 am »
Quote from: NickNels;224638
Can\'t remember the date, but the Toad\'s Place show where the played:

Queeb > WUIAC > Queeb

This was probably my favorite

The Breakfast Live at Toad\'s Place on 2007-04-06 (April 6, 2007)

I: jam > The Chase, Honey Butter, Puppetry, Buquebus > Wake Up In A Coma > Buquebus, Good Things > Intension

II: Tricky Ways* > Hard Luck Harry > Drum Duet**, The Late And The Great > Over Exposure > jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot

E: Tom Sawyer^

* shuffle version.
** Caitlin Kalafus joined Adrian during his solo; each took a turn in the driver\'s seat.
^ with Jordan Giangreco on keyboards.

http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2007-04-06.483.flac24
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Buquebus
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2009, 10:26:12 am »
Either 4-20-2002 for OG verz or 10-11-2005 for trancey verz

For all I know some of the new Jordan shows that I missed could be better.... but I do know Matt-O just didn\'t have the Queeb down proper (no disrespect brah)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ChrisLikesBass

• Where the hell is Ellitz?
Buquebus
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2009, 11:38:44 am »
Best queeb ever was at "Kid dude brah kid brah dude brah t rex dude kid in dec. of 94"

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Buquebus
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2009, 12:41:56 pm »
chris, did you wake up drunk or something? :rotfl
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Buquebus
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2009, 01:47:16 pm »
I\'m committing myself to the entire Puppethouse weekend, 1 show today and 1 tomorrow.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Buquebus
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2009, 01:59:44 pm »
just listened to puppethouse queeb, and jordan def does some crazy synth stuff... but overall not as monsterous as some of the queebs of late
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
Buquebus
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2009, 05:23:03 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;224642

Puppet House Buquebus is still on the top of my list, will have to review and see if any more that I have heard are on that list.

^^
same. i haven\'t listened to enough shows in the last year to two years to find another queeb that has the same spot as this one for me. i think i partially favor this one due to such great memories of the show/weekend. gencs\' review cracks me up: http://www.thebreakfast.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewarticle&id=186

I know that the UAC Buquebus when the speaker caught on fire is not on the list.

not one of their best moments. i believe this was also the night of the mysterious mirror catastrophe.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Buquebus
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2009, 07:20:50 pm »
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. It\'s a fact the UAC III Buquebus was so hot it set a Subwoofer on fire!
How much hotter can it get? ;)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Buquebus
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2009, 09:00:49 pm »

Quote from: ChrisLikesBass;224663
Best queeb ever was at "Kid dude brah kid brah dude brah t rex dude kid in dec. of 94"

lulz
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice