Author Topic: Who wants to donate to Wolfman\'s Marathon Effort?!  (Read 857 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Who wants to donate to Wolfman\'s Marathon Effort?!
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:41:33 pm »
First, thanks to everyone who came to the Brewery Tour For A Cure a few weeks ago.  It was an awesome time!  The big run is tomorrow morning so I thought I\'d bump this thread in case you would like to donate and couldn\'t make it to the brewery.  I am running the B.A.A. Half-Marathon tomorrow in support of Dana Farber.  Tax-deductible donations can be made here http://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchParticipants.asp?ievent=233461.  Thanks for your support and run Wolf run!

(End updated post)

Hey everyone!  At last, I am doing a private tour of the Sam Adams Brewery for my friends!  (I work there in case you didn\'t know.)  Come enjoy a great tour of the brewery with exclusive access to some of our secret project rooms!  There will also be plenty of samples! : )  You can bring anyone you want and feel free to forward this invitation to anyone as well.  The date is Saturday 9/15 at 4:30PM.  30 Germania Street Boston, MA.  Stony Brook stop off the Orange Line on the T.  You can still easily make the Good Time Boys show after this! :)    

The tour is to support my fundraising efforts for Dana Farber in conjunction with the B.A.A. Half Marathon which I am running on October 7th.  The use of the brewery and the beer are donated by Boston Beer Company, and the suggested donation for the tour is $10 but you can give whatever you want.  You can make an anonymous donation at the start of the tour, or you can donate on the internet here http://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchParticipants.asp?ievent=233461  If you can\'t make it maybe you can help me out anyways : )

If you already donated, THANK YOU!!!  You certainly don\'t have to donate again.  Just come on down and enjoy.

I look forward to seeing everyone!  Saturday 9/15 at 4:30pm.  Get your Saturday night started right with a great time before heading out into Boston OR heading to the Webster for the Good Time Boys!  Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 06:32:01 pm by Wolfman »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:43:34 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;157364
I look forward to seeing everyone!  Saturday 9/15 at 4:30pm.  Get your Saturday night started right with a great time before heading to the Webster to see the Good Time Boys!  Hope to see you there!

err... fixed.

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:46:54 pm »
if i go to tea leaf green in boston that night i will probably be there wolfy.

Wolfman

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:33:57 am »
Quote from: davepeck;157365
Quote from: Wolfman;157364
I look forward to seeing everyone!  Saturday 9/15 at 4:30pm.  Get your Saturday night started right with a great time before heading to the Webster to see the Good Time Boys!  Hope to see you there!

err... fixed.

Right.  Well, I DID get the Good Time Boys plug in earlier in the post, just forgot at the end.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:09:16 am »
Wolf - this is a tour that I would love to take, but seeing as it\'s almost a 4 hour drive through 3 states, it\'s probably not going to happen.  But I\'ll still hit up your donation site at some point.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 03:07:03 pm »
sounds like fun. Is there a red socks game that night?
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 03:13:31 pm »
Quote from: sallyalli;157403
sounds like fun. Is there a red socks game that night?

Yes. Home game... v. the Yankees.
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 06:31:22 pm »
First, thanks to everyone who came to the Brewery Tour For A Cure a few weeks ago.  It was an awesome time!  The big run is tomorrow morning so I thought I\'d bump this thread in case you would like to donate and couldn\'t make it to the brewery.  I am running the B.A.A. Half-Marathon tomorrow in support of Dana Farber.  Tax-deductible donations can be made here http://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchParticipants.asp?ievent=233461.  Thanks for your support and run Wolf run!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 11:00:49 am »
how did I not see this post? did it already happen? Is it today? Are you still accepting donations?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Wolfman

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 07:55:08 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;162868
how did I not see this post? did it already happen? Is it today? Are you still accepting donations?

Yup, there\'s still a week left to make donations, so get on it!  Thanks to everyone who donated!  

The race was indeed this morning.  My goal was to break 2 hours and I smoked it with a 1:55:13!!!  Wheeeee!  Pretty sore now but it was a lot of fun.  The most it hurt was actually when I grabbed a Gatorade at mile 10, tried to drink it while running full stride, and took it all in the eye.  For the next three minutes I was running with my face contorted, trying to dry my eye with my wet singlet.  Hilarious.