Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY thread to bitch, piss, and moan about where the band is playing  (Read 7956 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Quote from: thatguy;221851

we would love to do those shows,i mean we  would give r left nuts to do them.but for some crazy reason anything remotely cool the breakfast just does not interest anybody in the music biz anymore..it KILLS US.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying you guys try to get these gigs like this and are denied? Or are these shows generally set up by invite and you never receive one?

Any way of exercising the Cactus connection (obviously not right now but in the near future)? He obviously digs TB enough to help the cause, no?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
end of the day, bitch if it makes you feel better, but if you want there to continue to be shows at all do what you can to support them.

well, i thought this went without saying?  who doesnt support the band anyway they can?

psychjosh

Quote from: FrankZappa;221901
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;221854
The saddest part is that this will probably be the most popular thread on dotinfo for at least the month of March.

you forgot about the phish reunion threads. as of friday 8p-ish est that one\'s going to jump wayyyy ahead.

and ellis nailed the conversation imo. There are things I would do different, but I\'m not in a place to. It\'s their buisness/lives. Do you really think they are taking gigs because "hey, this will piss off our fans, let\'s go for it!", or "hey, this will annoy the hell out of a couple of people, but at least I\'ll be able to buy diapers!"

end of the day, bitch if it makes you feel better, but if you want there to continue to be shows at all do what you can to support them.

This thread was created for that purpose...bitch away... I don\'t think one person thinks that the band wants to piss anyone off.. thats retarded..

Post shows... If I couldnt find a "venue" I\'d be booking hotel ballrooms and selling tix online!

Adrian... I know you\'re trying.. Lack of interest from the "biz community" has to do w/ stagnation, inconsistencies in line ups and lack of good representation. (NOT SAYING I\'M BETTER OR WORSE) please don\'t misunderstand.. these opinions reflect the bands current status which is a result of a few years of mis representation, bad timing etc... it is what it is.. That being said... the bands manager should have his foot firmly planted up the ass of an agent and should also be talking w/ bands, managers, buyers, promoters... working the back end while the agen works the front end.. that\'s how it gets done and even then... doesnt always work.
Let\'s also remember that merch, grass roots distribution at major events, facebook, twitter, myspace and the 20 other sites available for promo... anyway.. it just seems that the energy to do this stuff is slipping.
Gotta go to work.. be back later
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

thatguy

i agree josh.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
One problem I can see is that shows are consistently not even listed in many local papers. I\'m talking FREE. Meanwhile out of state bands seem to have their shit listed months in advance. So many papers have decent weekly entertainment sections: Hartford, Meriden, Waterbury, even the NH Rag.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Quote from: ellis-d;221889
Does anybody on this board understand that nobody\'s getting rich as thebreakfast but they can at least pay the bills with side projects. You all like to use the im broke excuse when you dont go to shows, well if these guys go broke there are no shows. And as far as where they play, have you guys thought for two seconds about the realities these guys have??  Wives, a kid, bills just like the rest of you shmucks, so for the time beimg distane and duration  have to be limited. Grow the fuck up and accept whatever decisions they make no matter how bad you think they are. There is a life outside the breakfast and the four of them have to live it just like the rest of us.

amen...

----------------
Now playing: N.A.S.A. - Hiphop Feat. KRS-One, Fatlip & Slim Kid Tre
via FoxyTunes
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
:applause:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

psychjosh

Quote from: Mark;222017
One problem I can see is that shows are consistently not even listed in many local papers. I\'m talking FREE. Meanwhile out of state bands seem to have their shit listed months in advance. So many papers have decent weekly entertainment sections: Hartford, Meriden, Waterbury, even the NH Rag.

That\'s because those bands have a team working for them that does more than have an email addy on a web site and call themselves managers etc... Short of that.. the band would have to do this all for themselves (no offense to my friends in this band but...ain\'t gonna happen after 11 years.)and do it in every single market they play.

Reality is that this is the best band you\'ve never heard of. Unless we can get some a or b level agency/mngmt to notice this band as a huge UNTAPPED resource with growth potential that rivals the biscuits or UM.. nothing will happen.

Hopefully this post doesn\'t come off like a toothy blow job. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about these guys and their music. My affinity for these guys is immeasurable.

BTW... was the beating a dead horse graphic in leiths post a shot at me?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Lots of good things said in the last couple of posts.

I really love this band, we all do. My love grows every day.

I wish the big biz people could see that and realize that there IS huge potential here, that people love this band, listen and buy their music, and travel distances to see their live performances.

Until then, I want the band to be happy with the path they are on, and I accept whatever happens from there.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
Quote from: ellis-d;221889
Does anybody on this board understand that nobody\'s getting rich as thebreakfast but they can at least pay the bills with side projects. You all like to use the im broke excuse when you dont go to shows, well if these guys go broke there are no shows. And as far as where they play, have you guys thought for two seconds about the realities these guys have??  Wives, a kid, bills just like the rest of you shmucks, so for the time beimg distane and duration  have to be limited. Grow the fuck up and accept whatever decisions they make no matter how bad you think they are. There is a life outside the breakfast and the four of them have to live it just like the rest of us.

Ahhhh, a voice of reason in a community that seems increasingly headed in a direction of... I WANT THIS & I WANT THAT & WHY AREN\'T THEY PLAYING IN MY LIVING ROOM RIGHT NOW!  I\'m just grateful that they have kept the music going strong all these years without ever giving up through all the gear theft, the bad & slow nights, the loss of Jordan (glad to have ya back), the loss of Ron, finding a bass player that could fill his shoes and keep the band going strong with some solid bottom end (thanks Dangleese), all the management, sound, and lighting changes... I mean seriously people, appreciate what you have and the hard work that\'s put in to keep the good times rolling.  If it\'s slow on The Breakfast aspect they gotta do what they gotta do to put some $$ in their pockets... govt. ain\'t gonna bail them out!  The music industry has changed a lot even in my lifetime, and it\'s harder and harder to stick to your guns and make the music you want to make without catering to someone else.  I for one have seen few bands with as much musical talent as these guys, and it remains a mystery to me why they haven\'t been recognized on a larger scale.  Guess I\'m just happy they\'re playing at all...
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Well said brother.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

psychjosh

Ditto.. really I\'ll be going to shows as long as they have them.. side projects.. whatever.. The band has been able create and sustain a rabid core fanbase for over 10+ years. This music will live and last because of that. These guys can and will have careers in music in one capacity or another because of it and we\'ll continue to support those things because of it.

If this discussion lights a fire..gets people thinking or whatever.. cheers to that as well.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: psychjosh;222041
BTW... was the beating a dead horse graphic in leiths post a shot at me?

Nah. Just that I think you coming back is a dead subject.  I mean if you were coming back you would have already instead of joining the masses and just bitching and reiterating the same ideas as the rest of us fans.
Right?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
Quote from: psychjosh;222075
If this discussion lights a fire..gets people thinking or whatever.. cheers to that as well.

:beer::beer:  CHEERS!  :beer::beer:      :chug:

Oh yeah and The Webster Theatre SUCKS ASS... freakin\' concrete tube with the worst tough guy complex employees I\'ve ever seen, punk ass bitches... maybe I should stop!     ...this is the thread to bitch about where they play right!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 04:30:55 pm by Bret »
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Iron Horse sucks for the following reasons::: guy that works tickets is a serious dick, taping policy is wack, and they make you wait outside in the cold.

Other than that it is TOTALLY in the interest of The Breakfast to play as many Northampton shows as they can, and I\'m happy to see they already have another date next month (well, of course I am, I live here). I am seeing a new breed of younger fans turning out with massive enthusiasm in this area.

The worst thing that can happen is for Bfam / .info crowd to stop going to Iron Horse because they don\'t like the venue. The fact is The Iron Horse is a pretty reputable venue with a lot of history and a lot of serious talent rolls through there. Turnout is usually pretty good but we can and need to do better to get Breakfast at Pearl Street Nightclub in the near future.

Festivals... I can\'t help but think of Up North Festival last year when it comes to turning on new fans. I have literally never seen so many people discover and have their faces melted by The Breakfast in all the years I\'ve seen em. Strange Creek last year with the super long AM set (that I missed) generated huge buzz and I know there is a small legion of new fans in this area based on that show alone. This band deserves and has earned some decent slots at Northeast regional festivals. I really hope this happens.

Side Projects.... sorry to say I\'ve never gone to even one. Beatles A-Z next weekend will likely be my first and honestly that\'s only because The Breakfast is playing right after. I imagine there are a lot of people like myself who really would love to support the band members but, ya know, Timmy tour is pretty awesome (and if he ever came to western mass I\'d go in a heartbeat) but I\'m a ser Psychedelic Breakfast fan and that\'s just what\'s up.

Northeast-Regional-ness ::: I honestly do feel bad for ser fans outside the region. But in these times of tightening the belt..um..wallet and busy work schedule among other things I\'m just not driving as far as I used to for Breakfast shows.

IMO its a good idea for The Breakfast to play CT, Mass, Upstate NY and NYC for the most part. A dooze is still a great show for people there but it doesn\'t do much to spread the word.

People need to take responsibility for their home turf if they are not already. Bring NEW people. Break their balls if you have to. Who gives a crap they\'re gonna have a good time. Make calls to people who *should* be there but are probably sitting around unmotivated because they haven\'t seen Breakfast in a couple years and in their minds the energy is lost. As we all know The Breakfast has been dropping straight heat since Jordan returned so this is the time!

And finally, a complaint. Fuck Southbridge, MA. Glad to see them play Tammany Hall even tho I was too influenza\'d to make it.

Complaint #2... I\'m getting kind of old for these shows that don\'t start until like 11:00PM and end at 2:15 and I get home at 4:00AM. It\'d be nice to have shows start at 9:00PM or so, so I can retain a normal sleep cycle and actually make it to more shows.

peace
Breakfast thank you guys your music is like a shot of positive energy straight to the jugular.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising