Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY thread to bitch, piss, and moan about where the band is playing  (Read 7955 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
There\'s more to the east coast than the new england states...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
You gonna pay their rent if they lose money going on Yoda\'s fantasy run? Didn\'t think so. Let it be people for christ sake. There is a plan invloved here that your just going to have to bear with for a while. If it works, im sure youll all be pleased eventually, if not oh well. Spend the cash and take the time to travel; its what they do
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
ellis has spoken
DS Newbers

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
I love how this has been categorized as the Yoda Fantasy Run...  The name of this thread is "The ONE and ONLY thread to bitch, piss, and moan about where the band is playing ", that means if I want to bitch about Tim, Jordan, Adrian or Chris humming HLH while they\'re taking a shit, I can....  Do I claim to know the business side of The Breakfast, no... Do I know what Adrian has posted, yes. That is the extent of "the fans" understanding of the so-called plan...

A couple people said something earlier in the thread that say it the best:

"end of the day, bitch if it makes you feel better, but if you want there to continue to be shows at all do what you can to support them. " - Paul Ryan

"This thread was created for that purpose...bitch away" - Josh Kroup

I know that you\'ve invested years of your personal time and efforts into this band and look at things through a different perspective... Some of us have invested years as fans.  Some more than others...  So as you ask us to look at it from the band\'s perspective, why don\'t you try and look at it from the fan\'s perspective...  Without the fan, there is no breakfast, there\'s just 4 guys playing fantastic music...  It\'s a symbiotic relationship, you deal with that...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Last time i checked as of Jan 1st i became a fan again. Andyou know what i did? I dropped hundreds if dollars and countless hours driving alone for the most part to as many shows as i could before i moved out west.  In a perfect world they could play in everyones town, but thats not the case. The air if entitlment by some "fans" on this board blows my mind. If you feel so strongly about their music, or anythingin life you cant wait for it to come to you. You have to put a little effort in and go for it. Fuck, i havent seen a show since april and to me it feels like an eternity. Im not calling tim and breaking his balls about coming out here to make me happy but in turn cost them a bunch of money. Im sure as hell not gonna gripe about it on this board. Instead, when the time comes im gonna pony up the cash and time and get on a plane and see my favorie band. Until then, i will patiently wait for my chance. I suggest you do the same.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: ellis-d;236859
Last time i checked as of Jan 1st i became a fan again. Andyou know what i did? I dropped hundreds if dollars and countless hours driving alone for the most part to as many shows as i could before i moved out west.

Not everyone can afford to drop hundreds of bucks as well as the time away from family to go to concerts....

In a perfect world they could play in everyones town, but thats not the case. The air if entitlment by some "fans" on this board blows my mind. If you feel so strongly about their music, or anythingin life you cant wait for it to come to you. You have to put a little effort in and go for it.

It\'s not so much of an air of entitlement as it is the fact that by this time in almost every year of PB/TB existance, there were 3 times as many shows in 3 times as many states, thus giving "the fan" an opportunity to see them...  Driving hundred of miles at the drop of a hat to see a show isn\'t realistic for most working folk...

Fuck, i havent seen a show since april and to me it feels like an eternity.

Sorry to hear that, 17 shows.  TB hasn\'t been to my neck of the woods in a year now unless you count a couple 12:00 start times in NYC...

Im not calling tim and breaking his balls about coming out here to make me happy but in turn cost them a bunch of money.

When was the last time I called anyone to break their balls about where they played.  There are a number of people that say it would be great if the band played in their backyard, but it\'s only when I post something that you pop in to comment and rip on me...

Im sure as hell not gonna gripe about it on this board. Instead, when the time comes im gonna pony up the cash and time and get on a plane and see my favorie band. Until then, i will patiently wait for my chance. I suggest you do the same.

Good for you.  This is a public forum where people are free to speak whatever the hell they want.  And unless the Moderators have a problem with me suggesting places to play or complaining about where they play in a thread named for that, I\'m going to continue...

If you think that you\'re going to shut me up by blasting me in posts, not going to happen...  Petition to the Mods if that\'s what you\'re after...

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
It\'s not so much of an air of entitlement as it is the fact that by this time in almost every year of PB/TB existance,

hi, its 2009 now. feel free to join us here.

TB hasn\'t been to my neck of the woods in a year now unless you count a couple 12:00 start times in NYC...

oh, so, they HAVE been in your neck of the woods, YOU just made the decision not to go. you may have had perfectly valid reasons, but the end result is that YOU chose not to go. they came to your neck of the woods; YOU didn\'t go. sounds like you\'re pissed that YOU chose not to go, but WE get to hear you endlessly bitch about that fact.

others may say, i wish they\'d play near me. but not so often they had to have a thread dedicated to their bitching. that\'s the difference, which you won\'t get, others mention that they would like the band to play near them while you bitch about it. if we hadn\'t paid them to play our wedding, it would have been two years since they were last in my neck of the woods. so, if you want them to play a gig you can make, PAY THEM to. otherwise, take what you get and be thrilled there\'s a band out there that makes you so passionate. or keep bitching about what it was like seeing them in 1999 all the time while the rest of us stick around here, now, in 2009.

yeahyeahyeah, its general discussion, and even though you aren\'t actually discussing anything, you\'re gonna post anyway. so, here\'s a novel fucking idea, why don\'t you start discussing what you can do to get them a paying gig at a place and time you can see them, instead of just bitching that they never play shows in your neck of the woods, except, of course, for those shows in your neck of the woods you chose not to go to....  you know, instead of, \'the breakfast needs to play northern nj\', try \'i went and talked to a guy at X bar in X town who will pay X amount for a gig on X day starting at X time that i can finally make.\'

but yeah, i guess it is just easier to bitch and moan than to actually do anything proactive about the situation...

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Quote from: jking;236866
It\'s not so much of an air of entitlement as it is the fact that by this time in almost every year of PB/TB existance,

hi, its 2009 now. feel free to join us here.

Yeah, just because it is, doesn\'t mean that you have to sit and take it...

Quote from: jking;236866
TB hasn\'t been to my neck of the woods in a year now unless you count a couple 12:00 start times in NYC...

oh, so, they HAVE been in your neck of the woods, YOU just made the decision not to go. you may have had perfectly valid reasons, but the end result is that YOU chose not to go. they came to your neck of the woods; YOU didn\'t go. sounds like you\'re pissed that YOU chose not to go, but WE get to hear you endlessly bitch about that fact.

others may say, i wish they\'d play near me. but not so often they had to have a thread dedicated to their bitching. that\'s the difference, which you won\'t get, others mention that they would like the band to play near them while you bitch about it. if we hadn\'t paid them to play our wedding, it would have been two years since they were last in my neck of the woods. so, if you want them to play a gig you can make, PAY THEM to. otherwise, take what you get and be thrilled there\'s a band out there that makes you so passionate. or keep bitching about what it was like seeing them in 1999 all the time while the rest of us stick around here, now, in 2009.

yeahyeahyeah, its general discussion, and even though you aren\'t actually discussing anything, you\'re gonna post anyway. so, here\'s a novel fucking idea, why don\'t you start discussing what you can do to get them a paying gig at a place and time you can see them, instead of just bitching that they never play shows in your neck of the woods, except, of course, for those shows in your neck of the woods you chose not to go to....  you know, instead of, \'the breakfast needs to play northern nj\', try \'i went and talked to a guy at X bar in X town who will pay X amount for a gig on X day starting at X time that i can finally make.\'

but yeah, i guess it is just easier to bitch and moan than to actually do anything proactive about the situation...

Personally, I don\'t consider NYC my neck of the woods.  My point was that it was the closest they\'ve come to the area this year...  I chose not to go to the NYC gigs because logistically it wouldn\'t work for me.  I don\'t drive to the city "for anything" and I\'m not waiting till 5:00 for the trains to start up again to get home...

It\'s not my job as a fan to get them a paying gig, that\'s MJG productions job...  As I said in the previous post, if you are so adamant about shutting me up, petition to the Mods, otherwise use the ignore button and all the bitching and moaning I do will be blacked out and you won\'t have to read it...

jking

• thanks!!
so you\'d rather bitch and moan than actually do anything productive, yet still want the band to go out of their way to accomodate you. duly noted.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
they haven\'t come to my neck of the woods (RI) in well over a year, but I can handle driving an hour to Boston or Southbridge when I can.  If I can\'t handle the trip, which I missed the last southbridge show cuz of lack of money, I don\'t bitch about it cuz they did not play w/in 20 minutes of my house.  thats just lame.  

basically if all you do is come here and find something to bitch about then sweet life you got there.  go find something better to waste your day w/ than being a total buzzkill day after day.

i know colin has put in more work towards the breakfast going to new jersey than anyone here, but you don\'t see his crying about it.  now, he actually tries to connect them w/ the proper venues so they\'ll get there in the future, not just sit on his faggy soapbox and whine.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Quote from: Igziabeher;236885
they haven\'t come to my neck of the woods (RI) in well over a year, but I can handle driving an hour to Boston or Southbridge when I can.  If I can\'t handle the trip, which I missed the last southbridge show cuz of lack of money, I don\'t bitch about it cuz they did not play w/in 20 minutes of my house.  thats just lame.  

basically if all you do is come here and find something to bitch about then sweet life you got there.  go find something better to waste your day w/ than being a total buzzkill day after day.

i know colin has put in more work towards the breakfast going to new jersey than anyone here, but you don\'t see his crying about it.  now, he actually tries to connect them w/ the proper venues so they\'ll get there in the future, not just sit on his faggy soapbox and whine.

and that is the TRIPLE TRUTH RUTH!!!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Quote from: Stephengencs;236888

and that is the TRIPLE TRUTH RUTH!!!

you can take that TO THE BANK HANK.

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
You wonder why i jump on your shit? Maybe its because this was a dead thread for the last 2 months and you were the one to start rehashing old shit. How come its impossible for you to accept the reality the bands situation?  Its your crybaby bullshit that gets other people thinking in the negative instead of just accepting and enjoying what the band has to offer at the moment.

peaches626

yoda, i encourage you to engage in more positive thought processes.  it just takes a little practice
taints rule, gypsies drool!