Author Topic: 08-09 National Hockey League Thread  (Read 30653 times)

tyzack

• http://
08-09 National Hockey League Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2009, 02:02:30 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;230280
Quote from: SkyePrizm;230277
Quote from: Rickey Roux;229967
P.S.  Yoda, don\'t count us out.

Damn right!! :)   I think they may go all the way.

You gotta get out of the West first...

No one is getting past Boston.

However, in terms of ratings I think that Boston/Chicago would rate better than Boston/Detriot, though both would be very good...not supper bowl level good, but definetly better than high school musical.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2009, 02:12:09 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;230284
Quote from: Yoda;230280
Quote from: SkyePrizm;230277
Quote from: Rickey Roux;229967
P.S.  Yoda, don\'t count us out.

Damn right!! :)   I think they may go all the way.

You gotta get out of the West first...

No one is getting past Boston.

However, in terms of ratings I think that Boston/Chicago would rate better than Boston/Detriot, though both would be very good...not supper bowl level good, but definetly better than high school musical.

Boston has to get past Carolina first... This shouldn\'t have gotten to a game 7, but it did and that should make you think...  Boston lost 3 of 4 to washington and split the series 2-2 against Pitt in the regular season...  When you get to the cup finals, we\'ll talk about no one getting past boston...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2009, 02:13:27 pm »
Hawks are young and hungry. So much talent on this team. Although I would rather see the Hawks beat the Wings for supreme glory and bragging rights, the Ducks would give us 4 home games--good for Chicago. Either way, waiting impatiently. GO HAWKS!

Oh, and I LOVE Ovechkin. Crosby can lick my balls. Great player, but a douche comparatively. Ovechkin is so fucking good and has way more charisma/star-power. Such pansy-ass comments from Crosby concerning Ovy all the time, he looks like his bitch imo. I like entertainers in professional sports, I consider their value included in ticket costs. That is, of course, if they back it up; Ovechkin clearly does. Go CAPS!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2009, 10:11:12 pm »

No one is getting past PITTSBURGH.

Quote from: Gordo;230290
Oh, and I LOVE Ovechkin. Crosby can lick my balls. Great player, but a douche comparatively. Ovechkin is so fucking good and has way more charisma/star-power. Such pansy-ass comments from Crosby concerning Ovy all the time, he looks like his bitch imo. I like entertainers in professional sports, I consider their value included in ticket costs. That is, of course, if they back it up; Ovechkin clearly does. Go CAPS!

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

ovechkin is a douche.  he\'s slimy, he taunts and charges (see gonchar, see hit when he missed and nailed into his own guy during the third period)

glad he lost.

he\'s a good player, but he\'s a RAGING douchebag.

ovechkin certainly backed it up tonight though. ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:11:12 pm by postom »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2009, 03:44:09 pm »
Quote from: postom;230354

No one is getting past PITTSBURGH.

Quote from: Gordo;230290

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

ovechkin is a douche.  he\'s slimy, he taunts and charges (see gonchar, see hit when he missed and nailed into his own guy during the third period)

glad he lost.

he\'s a good player, but he\'s a RAGING douchebag.

ovechkin certainly backed it up tonight though. ;)

Yes, I am. Still.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2009, 04:08:18 pm »
LETS GO BRUINS!!!!!!

I don\'t want anyone coming out of the East that isn\'t original 6.

Such a huge let down last night. If only AO put that breakaway in the back of the net the game could have been fun.

RE: AO.
I like his offensive ability. But my gripe on him is he is a cherry picker. He is just like mario in that regard. He hangs back by the opposing teams blue line waiting for a pass. At the moment he is really a 1 dimensional player. He is def exciting. And you really can only contain him not stop him. He does RUN guys tho and the league better step in and have a chat with him. He F-ing runs guys from across the ice, someone is really going to get hurt if the let him continue to get away with that BS at least he doesn\'t always leave his feet like commodor on the red wings.

RE: Crosby
I\'m a hater. I can\'t stand sid. I think he is a whiny punk. BUT having said that. He was a stud in this series. He basically carried that team in the early games. He is an all around player.

I am just hopeful the Bruins take out Carolina and then Pitts. I really cannot stomach another Pitts v. whoever final.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

tyzack

« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2009, 07:36:13 am »

tyzack

« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2009, 08:27:25 am »
Detriot vs. Chicago is a fun series to watch so far, but I don\'t think Chicago will win. They might not even make it to game 6.

After one game, and it was only one game, the penquins seem to be beating carolina.

If Carolina wins, detriot will steam-roll them. Their (D) detriot will not suck balls as much as boston all of a sudden did, so Carolinas best weapon - their aggressive forcheck - will be nutraulize and they will be dominated by a superior club.

If it is Detriot vs Pittsburg again, I don\'t know who I think would have the better cause; going for back 2 back, or beating the team that beat you last year.

It should be noted that all of my playoff perdictions have been 100% wrong.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2009, 12:25:32 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;231101
Detriot vs. Chicago is a fun series to watch so far, but I don\'t think Chicago will win. They might not even make it to game 6.

After one game, and it was only one game, the penquins seem to be beating carolina.

If Carolina wins, detriot will steam-roll them. Their (D) detriot will not suck balls as much as boston all of a sudden did, so Carolinas best weapon - their aggressive forcheck - will be nutraulize and they will be dominated by a superior club.

If it is Detriot vs Pittsburg again, I don\'t know who I think would have the better cause; going for back 2 back, or beating the team that beat you last year.

All of my predictions have been wrong as well

Of all the teams left I would liek to see chicago win it all but I don\'t see that happening. they almost stole a game last night and that would have been huge but it is soo hard to play 100% mistake free hockey. Detroit is just too damn good at making you pay for mistakes.

I hate the Penguins. I cannot stand that team at all. I am just hoping that the canes knock them off. I really don\'t want a rematch in the cup finals. Pitt doesn\'t have close to the team they had last year so I think Detroit walks all over them.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

tyzack

« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2009, 01:11:18 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;231120
Quote from: tyzack;231101

All of my predictions have been wrong as well

Of all the teams left I would liek to see chicago win it all but I don\'t see that happening. they almost stole a game last night and that would have been huge but it is soo hard to play 100% mistake free hockey. Detroit is just too damn good at making you pay for mistakes.

I hate the Penguins. I cannot stand that team at all. I am just hoping that the canes knock them off. I really don\'t want a rematch in the cup finals. Pitt doesn\'t have close to the team they had last year so I think Detroit walks all over them.

Well, that has more to do with how the Eastern teams got there:

Pitt vs. Philly - Great series, no complaints.
Carolina vs. NJ - Still not sure how NJ lost, but i wasn\'t paying close attention.

Pitt vs Was - Washington all year has been a one-trick pony (offense), Pitt showed that balanced > unbalanced and won.

Carolina vs. Bos - Carolina won because they were able to apply enough forechecking presure to make the bruins consistantly make mistakes in their break-out attempts. This was due to Boston not having 3 of their top 6 defencemen playing

Therefore Pitt vs Carolina - I say bit because I am not convinced of Carolina.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2009, 08:24:56 am »
Malkin\'s 3rd goal was amazing last night
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2009, 01:09:31 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19;231318
Malkin\'s 3rd goal was amazing last night

Indeed it was.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #252 on: May 23, 2009, 01:03:52 am »
Blackhawks win tonight keeping themselves alive in this series.  Sunday promises to be quite a good afternoon game.

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2009, 01:04:28 am »
hate all you want, pens will win it all.

tyzack

« Reply #254 on: May 27, 2009, 07:46:03 am »
Quote from: postom;231473
hate all you want, pens will win it all.

You seem to have a point there.