Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-06-17 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 30844 times)

peaches626

Setlist: 2006-06-17 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 12:24:46 pm »
so now that ive relaxed slightly from my multiple orgasmic experience from last night, i give you my thoughts from the show......

excellent

great playing by all four guys.... overall sound felt funny early on... but by about drunk monk bar it was perfect.... honeybutter was an excellent choice for an opener, before last night i was not completely sold on this song, but it has now been legitimized in my mind, as it rocked....
when rust came on i was at first like, "what the hell is this"... and then when timmy started singin i knew exactly what was goin on and i pretty much shat my pants while ordering a bass from the bartender, who looked a bit confused by my yell of excitement that would have been more suitable coming from the winner of a girls only hoola hoop competion, 10-12 yr. old division.... either way i felt i was legit seeing as how i had been told numerous times that rust was gonna be solely a timmy tour song (ever since the first time it was played in front of 6 people at cj sparrows).......... tricky ways was fun as always, although shortly i expect to see the obligatory tuna bashing..... drunk monk bar, along with puppetry (the only two old originals from first set) were my personal favorite times played....... i always love good things, and the segue from lovely rita to psygn was awesome, and psygn was stellar
ending this set with my favorite song ever was almost too much..... and then there was second set...........

future peek is a good song, but i do not feel terrible when i miss it ( as i did most of it last night while acquiring my hot new save side shirt)    buquebus was a monster.... the first jam was raging dance party throughout the house, and reminded me of the gravity from stone church right before west coast tour.... buquebus was everything the crowd needed at the time..... beef barley, o beef barley... the first original that i ever got into... as with probably many newbs..... truthfully i didnt expect to hear this song tonight, but i was pleasantly surprised, and i loved them going back into the end of it to close out the set............... latg>overexposure was also the best ive ever heard from them.... the latter was absolutely ripping...... fly like an eagle, another tune i expected only to hear on timmy tour, was such a great surprise.... it was hit for new and old fans alike

as for the encore, i would have loved for them to rage until the house pulls the plug on them and then finish with a major drum solo..... but surreal radio is a power song in my mind and totally finished the night with an exclamation point..............
so so so much fun, we rolled in with a crew mixed of old fans and new, a couple of first timers, and everyone enjoyed themselves, i think the setlist was well written, as it appealed to all fans, and this band definitely gained at least a few new ones last night

heres to the next 1000:D
taints rule, gypsies drool!

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 12:45:18 pm »
queb was the turning point. it was madness from there on out......havent been to a show since daniel street, it was great to be there!

btw will that video they showed during the setbreak make its way into our d/l section?
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 12:51:14 pm »
Quote from: peaches626
stricky ways was fun as always, although shortly i expect to see the obligatory tuna bashing

spoke too soon boo boo, check my previous post :P Save\'s bass line during that song was actually one of the high points of the show for me.

I could have definitely gone for several more old school cuts in this show. Very good Buquebus though. Nice to hear Puppetry but the last one I heard at Stone Church was 10x better.

I don\'t remember Rust all that well but I remember thinking "this song doesn\'t have very many notes" or something...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 01:00:54 pm »
I think it is official that, aside from Rust, there are no "new" songs anymore.  BFast owns \'em all.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

mvallo

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 01:04:44 pm »
unbelievable show.  fancy trancey jams and loving all the new songs.  i cant believe adrian played so fantastic with a broken ankle!

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 01:13:51 pm »
^ Tim plays his Ovation guitar for the last time, and smashes it to smithereens at the end of the song.

:wah:
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 01:20:50 pm »
Yeah then he picked up a Les Paul (right?)... is that new?

Pretty nice tone on that thing but I think I\'ll always be in the Strat camp.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 01:26:40 pm »
I\'m gonna miss that guitar... :(

New things are good too, I guess.

But still, what would possess him to do a thing like that? WTF?!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 01:30:17 pm »
^^it was a guitar he does not use for shows (these days atleast), not sure you would have ever seen it other than maybe him jamming at latenight or something.......(I could be wrong, but....)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 02:25:28 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Stumblin'Sarah

• fan!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 03:43:59 pm »
immmacculate{{{{{ ...woah    GOOOd ShoW happppy 1000)))))!!! and glitter/!!!!!

and helllo to all the nice .infoers i saw and failed to communicate with effectively!!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:50:00 pm by Stumblin'Sarah »
life\'s too short to be in a hole
so bust into your funkiest stroll

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 03:47:24 pm »
Quote from: Stumblin\'Sarah
and helllo to all the nice .infoers i saw and failed to communicate with effectively!!!

:that:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 03:52:52 pm »
WOW
it\'s difficult to talk about this show yet..but what the heck..
what an amazing night! i totally dug the whole show. normally i pick out a few highlights, but honestly the entire night was just an incredible experience for me. i was so anxious all day yesterday..not sure if it had to do with blowing up balloons (btw, if you smoke, don\'t try to blow up a serious amount of balloons-you\'ll feel faint) or the fact that i was nervous about what kind of turnout last night would have. the amount of people that showed up/performance couldn\'t have been better. it was so great seeing so many people, especially some that haven\'t been around lately. the whole night came together so well. the setbreak video montage came out excellent as well as the 1,000th show digest issue. thanks to those who held the late night festivities somewhere on prospect st.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 03:53:16 pm »
Drunkah Monkah Bah!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 04:25:02 pm »
Quote from: Stumblin\'Sarah
but i guess you need some kinda video for a venue full of people who cant go outside.

Can\'t go outside? Huh, somehow I managed three smokey-trips back to my car that evening :D

Where there is a will, there is a way!

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 04:30:28 pm »
hope everyone comes to beardslee!!!!!!!
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "