Author Topic: Why are most Breakfast doozies described the same way?  (Read 1729 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Why are most Breakfast doozies described the same way?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 01:13:52 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;140225
Thank you captain obvious........  I mean we really needed you to point out that there was low attendance at the show and other breakfast doozies.....  And part of the fact that we have a new manager and we are currently in the process of devising a new grassroots structure, is to stop the doozies.......but thanks again for pointing that out to us.....You are on point from even 3000 miles away......

Yeah distance gives one a different perspective on things.

How about not describing doozies at all and only remark on the crowd was digging it. We all know The Breakfast do not draw but pounding it in every review may not be the best thing.

New people coming on the board that read doozie after doozie may not want to waste the time as many folk go out to party as much as listen to a band and a doozie is not the best place to get one\'s party on.

Just think about it w/o getting all uptight and you will see I am not being an ass(this time).
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 01:14:55 pm »
Quote from: leith;140223
It seems to me on a fansite for this band that it can be assumed the guys raged it and I would think that the opposite would be more worthy of noting.

ok, so let me get this straight, on the fansite we should only talk about the negative aspect of what went down?
Edit: that was before i read your last post leith
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 01:21:25 pm »
I hear ya leith....
I am a bit jumpy as I am bound to a desk and computer right now.....
Working a temp job at my dad\'s office.....
enough work at a decient wage, but its starting to drive me bonkers.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 01:39:18 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;140233
I hear ya leith....
I am a bit jumpy as I am bound to a desk and computer right now.....
Working a temp job at my dad\'s office.....
enough work at a decient wage, but its starting to drive me bonkers.....

No worries man. We are not meant to be on this earth trapped in cubicles made by Man when we are all trapped in our own cubicles called our minds so I can get the jumpiness.

Sometimes I post really to get answers and hopefully the person answering was made to think about my question in a way I had not and can lend more light to a subject than I can muster.

Sometimes the question seems made to provoke anger when it is just meant to provoke thought.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 01:53:31 pm »
Quote from: leith;140230

New people coming on the board that read doozie after doozie may not want to waste the time as many folk go out to party as much as listen to a band and a doozie is not the best place to get one\'s party on.

i disagree. if im going to a concert (any band) in \'party mode\' i doubt seeing a show that isn\'t filled to capacity is going to affect that. im going there to see live music and enjoy myself. ill have plenty of room to dance around and there will be little to no lines at the bar, meaning i can booz as hard as i want.

i am reminded of the rochester show from last november. i brought 5 first timers with me but that place was pretty empty. we all had a good time hanging out, taking shots, slamming beers and getting real close to the stage without losing the party aspect nor the concert aspect. the band played their asses off and even took a request (i\'m the slime) from the small crowd that had been so attentive all night. if people are going to see a show for the first time i think a smaller crowd would be more ideal. itll allow them to focus on the music more but will also allow them to roam the bar and take in the whole scene, not worry about some drunk next to you bumping elbows all night because its packed.
Smell my mule.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 02:15:06 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;140240
i disagree. if im going to a concert (any band) in \'party mode\' i doubt seeing a show that isn\'t filled to capacity is going to affect that. im going there to see live music and enjoy myself. ill have plenty of room to dance around and there will be little to no lines at the bar, meaning i can booz as hard as i want.

i am reminded of the rochester show from last november. i brought 5 first timers with me but that place was pretty empty. we all had a good time hanging out, taking shots, slamming beers and getting real close to the stage without losing the party aspect nor the concert aspect. the band played their asses off and even took a request (i\'m the slime) from the small crowd that had been so attentive all night. if people are going to see a show for the first time i think a smaller crowd would be more ideal. itll allow them to focus on the music more but will also allow them to roam the bar and take in the whole scene, not worry about some drunk next to you bumping elbows all night because its packed.

apparently you\'re in the minority with this mindset, hence the doozies.
Postcount +1.

peaches626

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 02:23:55 pm »
Quote from: leith;140230
Yeah distance gives one a different perspective on things.

How about not describing doozies at all and only remark on the crowd was digging it. We all know The Breakfast do not draw but pounding it in every review may not be the best thing.

Just think about it w/o getting all uptight and you will see I am not being an ass(this time).

i feel like a lot of people on the board like to know how big the crowd was.... ::shrug::
taints rule, gypsies drool!

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 03:30:13 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;140247
i feel like a lot of people on the board like to know how big the crowd was.... ::shrug::

because we always hope there were 100\'s of people there

ok from now on, no one says anything about the crowd size, let the tapes show and the listeners determine for themselves if it was a dooz or not
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 03:44:59 pm »
Quote from: leith;140236
We are not meant to be on this earth trapped in cubicles

Yeah, let\'s turn back the clock several hundred years and spend most of the daylight hours hunting/gathering/farming food!

Quote from: peaches626;140247
i feel like a lot of people on the board like to know how big the crowd was.... ::

:wave:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:45:52 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 05:08:21 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;140259
Yeah, let\'s turn back the clock several hundred years and spend most of the daylight hours hunting/gathering/farming food!

Right on!

Leith don\'t worry about noobs seeing how we always say a show is a doozie and thinking WTF is up with these guys they have no fans???

Remember the .info definition of doozie is ass-backwards, any noobs who see it will think the show was sold out!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 06:05:15 pm »
I think people join dot info after already seeing the band and digging them.  So I think they already have their opinion of the band and won\'t be skewed too much by reading these doozie posts.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 08:46:40 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;140194
2/11/05 - The Loft, Poughkeepsie, NY = textbook dooze.  maybe 10 people.  wah, me!, 3 of my friends and i, blackieshamps and a couple friends of his.

we took four cars to that show, so there had to be more than a couple friends of mine. not my fault poughkeepsies too disgusting for normal, decent people to go to.
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 06:15:24 pm »
Quote from: derickw;140257
let the tapes show and the listeners determine for themselves if it was a dooz or not

I\'m pretty sure that would leave most of us thinking the breakfast keep playing sold-out shows.

i\'ve seen some doozies, and they have been very interesting to say the least.  Over a year ago the band played at the "sons of leo harvest festival for hurricane katrina" at fucking 11 in the morning.  Needless to say there were not many people there, really just me and my buddies, the people running the festie, and whichever peoples came down with the band.  
That being said, they absolutely blew my mind by noon.  And I have never had a band blow my mind that early in the day.

I was also trippen balls, and there was a giant inflatable obstacle course

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 07:27:42 pm »
Quote from: siflandollie;140963

I was also trippen balls, and there was a giant inflatable obstacle course

woooo! I always wanted to be a gerbil!
Masturbation in the MFA

rcoster38

• blue
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 10:32:31 am »
doozie = reference to the duesenberg luxury cars of the early 20th century (originally duesy),

meaning something grand and luxurious