Author Topic: Why do YOU think The Breakfast hasn\'t blown up yet???  (Read 5924 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Why do YOU think The Breakfast hasn\'t blown up yet???
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 03:00:02 pm »
It\'s becoming very tribal and territorial.......
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 03:33:49 pm »
I know just look at tB\'s fanbase, we bash every other band that comes our way.  Well some of us.
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 03:55:54 pm »
It\'s really sad....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 06:52:15 pm »
Quote from: Klout
Bad management and lack of touring for one thing.

You dont make it as a live act without CONSTANT TOURING.

Secondly the breakfast is very  INTENSE and HARDCORE.

Not everybody can hang. It\'s too frantic for many people. A lot of people just dont get it also.

Total agreement here,though I would change bad management to disorganized management since Josh Kroop and the band parted business ways.

If the band had not gone into a hibernation after their Jammy win this subject would be moot.
I understand there are many reasons that we are not privy to for this hibernation but due to it they are starting close to ground zero once again.

I am positive if this band had the same touring schedule as UM,TLG, New Monsoon etc. for the past 2 years they would be playing small theatres by now. No doubt in my mind.

As for their vocals, well I remember when I was first seeing Phish and how pumped I was on the music and the edge they brought to it but way let down in the vocal dept. Did that stop Phish from becoming one of my alltime favorite bands? No and I doubt it will stop The Breakfast from becoming the same for thousands of people some day.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 07:40:36 pm »
I think for me its always been the music rather than the sounds of the vocals...However, my favorite is Jerry\'s voice (nevermind his sick guitar playing!)..it just sounded soooo cool and friendly..I also like Mike\'s voice..the way he would accent certain sounds..but overall I grew up playing music and really appreciate the way the Breakfast plays..they know their shit! I also agree that there are way more "jam" bands nowadays, if thats what you want to call them..(I think any band should be a jam band..thats what playing music is about!)..than ever before. I love the Breakfast and feel lucky to see them! The word needs to get spread and I really feel it will. If it takes a while, thats fine...The best example is the comments about String Cheese and U.M. lately ..people are saying that they are not that great anymore..we need the Breakfast to keep up their FIRE and their success will happen! Shit If I was anyone of them I would feel successful just having the hardcore local fanbase and knowing that the"click" each time they play...I know its a buisness..but I am very confident in them,,,just like all of us that hit up all these shows..see ya all at Daniel ST..PJ
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 07:52:23 pm by MakisupaPJ »
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

origen

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 07:44:59 pm »
I agree with the dude that said we\'ve got to get the under-18 crowd into this.  It may sound stupid but if they could play an all ages show possibly 2 out of 3 people will be under 18.  I\'ve seen it happen here in GA where a band like Perpetual Groove makes the jump to the all ages theatre venue, and sure enough 90% of the people look like they\'re about 16 years old.  The same band in the same city will draw maybe 40-50 people in a 21 and up show, and about 500-700 in an all ages show.

And Leith is right about bands like TLG and New Monsoon touring their ass off (add Brothers Past to that list).  Those band have made it down here 4-5 times for every 1 time the breakfast has been down here.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 08:06:02 pm »
RE: Under-agers at Breakfast shows

As an experienced under-aged Breakfast fan, I agree with all that has been said.  Back in high school and the beginnings of college, when I was sneaking in the back door to 21+ shows (literally and figuratively), I had several friends who were not as privileged.  For every one under-ager who gets in, there are four or five who don\'t.  16-18 year old kids are the ones who will be in college in the upcoming years.  Colleges overpay bands and provide great exposure.  While the band certainly should not cut ties with the great venues (i.e. Daniel St.) that require (I assume) that shows be 21+, they should certainly seek out more all ages (or even 18+) venues for Friday and Saturday night shows.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 09:58:08 pm »
Kudos to everyone who has posted so far for making this thread the longest-average-post and the most-complete-sentences-per-post thread in the history of .info.  Maybe even in the history of the internet.  Keep it coming.

peaches626

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 10:47:29 pm »
the breakfast scene has not yet experienced all that is booboo, and it will forever change the breakfast\'s place in music history............. plus i totally agree that it takes much time to build a solid fanbase... touring constantly is a must in my eyes, and spread the music however possible, it all comes down to the fans..... lets make it happen :disco:
taints rule, gypsies drool!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 03:05:03 am »
The jamband scene has too many players!

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 10:17:50 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens
The jamband scene has too many players!

ya, but some of these kids just go to see them because they can and really can\'t appreciate the music being played. i know when i was younger it wasn\'t so much about the music but the friends you made going to shows..... now that i think about it that\'s still very true but now i can still hide in a corner, close my eyes and just melt to the music being played.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 11:24:49 am »

i know when i was younger it wasn\'t so much about the music but the friends you made going to shows..... now that i think about it that\'s still very true

Not me I hate all of you PABs...    :liar: :muahaha:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 11:45:40 am by Dyed_Tie »
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 11:40:31 am »
I"m gonna say this and it\'s all I\'m gonna say.

I dont\' want the Breakfast to "blow up"  I don\'t want them to be the next UM or some band that has one big gig and then, everyone has to go see them, I want it to build with hardcore dedicated fans who come cause they love the music and th efamily.  It\'s gonna take longer no doubt but that\'s the real way to do it

If this has already been said sorry, I just didn\'t feel like reading a bunch of what I\'m assuming are mostly negative posts.

B\'Fam Fo Life
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 11:44:56 am »
believe it or not, most of the posts are pretty positive.

i know, astounding, aint it?!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 11:48:24 am »
good to hear like I said I didn\'t read it
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon