Author Topic: Fri. 09/30/05 The Closing of Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT  (Read 10922 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Fri. 09/30/05 The Closing of Porter\'s; Westbrook, CT
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2005, 11:42:12 am »
Quote from: Stephengencs
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Is it too early to start thinking about pre-show food?

Not at all.....Let me know what you come up with, because I would love to break some bread with you on your first trip back home....

Lobbying for a Kote>Love Lake>Late and the Great>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Making it to Porters at the end of this month may be your one and only chance of getting this insane request.....  I will be rooting for it as it would be my first Prom 97, second Late and The Great, and second Vortex.....

Though I\'ve enjoyed fries and nachos from Porter\'s in the past, there is so much delicious food down in the New Haven area.  

As far as obscure Breakfast tunes go, I\'m just hoping to hear one or two.  There\'s no reason for the band not bring something out of the attic, especially since the Porter\'s shows are largely comprised of old school fans that are longing for them to take a chance on an old tune.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2005, 11:45:02 am »
al z - i\'m up for a little john & maria\'s pregame if you are!

also, if you need a place to stay or anything else, just lemme know..

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2005, 11:47:46 am »
lot Scene!!!!!!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2005, 11:51:24 am »
i\'m going to have to fake a doctor\'s appointment next friday so i can get out of work early, but probably will arrive to the show a little late...

who\'s got my heady floorspace? anyone know about vacancy at the TKA hotel yet? if not, does anyone have room for a tight ass prude bitch?

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2005, 11:58:40 am »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
i\'m going to have to fake a doctor\'s appointment next friday so i can get out of work early, but probably will arrive to the show a little late...

who\'s got my heady floorspace? anyone know about vacancy at the TKA hotel yet? if not, does anyone have room for a tight ass prude bitch?

I am sure that there is room at the Hotel TKA....  But we await his confirmation....

This show is going to be the best show that has ever taken place at Porters....  

Who\'s got my lot scene nitrous tank????
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2005, 11:58:50 am »
Hotel TKA is ALWAYS open(at least everyone but Todd usually thinks so;))  Where is the 10/1 show gonna be?
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2005, 12:00:19 pm »
Quote from: WALSH
Hotel TKA is ALWAYS open(at least everyone but Todd usually thinks so;))  Where is the 10/1 show gonna be?

10/1 - if no show is scheduled, I say we get the band to play somewhere.....  Whos got a giant house or backyard?  Maybe right off the campus of a state university????? hmmmmmm????
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2005, 03:09:47 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
al z - i\'m up for a little john & maria\'s pregame if you are!

I\'m taking an overnight flight that lands in Boston at 7:25 am the day of the Porter\'s show (I\'m not taking Thursday off because my work group is getting a paid day off at a gym/sports club on the Bay so it would be insane for me to miss that "workday").  I\'m planning on borrowing a car from my parents so I can head to CT early for pre-game and food.  

I\'d be down for a trip to John & Maria\'s!  Hopefully we can arrange a crew.

lot Scene!!!!!!

I\'m thinking this is going to be the headiest lot scene ever for a Breakfast show!  Hopefully they will have an extended set break so we can all enjoy the advent of fall (+ beers and other recreation) in the lot.

This show is going to be the best show that has ever taken place at Porters....  

Who\'s got my lot scene nitrous tank????

I\'ll bet Mike Bonanno (old school Breakfast fan that used to live in Baker/Butterfield) could make it happen.  Someone needs to get that guy online.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2005, 03:30:52 pm »

10/1 - if no show is scheduled, I say we get the band to play somewhere.....  Whos got a giant house or backyard?  Maybe right off the campus of a state university????? hmmmmmm????

Yard :hump:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2005, 04:42:45 pm »

yeah yeah, i see where you\'re goin with that one gencs....

just so happens that carla\'s birthday is sept 28 and we are plannin a birthday bash on october 1st at our apartment in willington.... not sure if the whole band would play or even be allowed to play at our privately owned apartment complex (unless it was in a basement somewhere.... but that might get crowded)... but maybe we can get timmy to come play for us??? either way, the party is goin down, and some ser live music is more than welcome :D
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2005, 02:07:12 am »

Though I\'ve enjoyed fries and nachos from Porter\'s in the past, there is so much delicious food down in the New Haven area.  

As far as obscure Breakfast tunes go, I\'m just hoping to hear one or two.  There\'s no reason for the band not bring something out of the attic, especially since the Porter\'s shows are largely comprised of old school fans that are longing for them to take a chance on an old tune.

My one and only time @ Porter\'s I could not get decent Nachos nor a decent Margarita. I suggest if you want either of those you get them B4 you go.

I hope they bust fat for ya.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2005, 06:22:42 am »
i say leith, gia, and wayne hop on a plane with al and get out here! ;)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2005, 07:37:25 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian

just so happens that carla\'s birthday is sept 28 and we are plannin a birthday bash on october 1st at our apartment in willington

Looks like your birthday bash just got moved to Harper\'s Ferry > Wolfy\'s!

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2005, 08:03:56 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
Quote from: princesscaspian

just so happens that carla\'s birthday is sept 28 and we are plannin a birthday bash on october 1st at our apartment in willington

Looks like your birthday bash just got moved to Harper\'s Ferry > Wolfy\'s!

indeed the party is goin down at wolfy\'s.... this angel will probably not attend (can\'t ditch my roomie on her birthday!!)... so it looks like the serheads wont be making our party either... but its all good, eventually we\'ll have a party that doesnt interfere with a breakfast show and kickass afterparty somewhere else....  ::crosses fingers::
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

wstielau

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2005, 09:00:36 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
i say leith, gia, and wayne hop on a plane with al and get out here! ;)

I\'d love to go but I\'m much too busy with work right now. I recently inherited a bunch of UNIX code to work on. I hate UNIX!

Also,

I noticed earlier in the thread that someone mentioned the Monkey Farm. Is that the same one in Old Saybrook up at the North end of Main St. I used to hang out there in the 70\'s before I moved to California. Is it still as much of a dive as it used to be?