Author Topic: The 2007-08 National Football League Thread  (Read 34994 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
The 2007-08 National Football League Thread
« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2008, 09:31:24 am »
when exactly is the parade?
DS Newbers

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2008, 09:45:53 am »
Oh eat me Kout!  We have to deal with

- all the traffic
- all the garbage left after the games
- all the new yorkers coming to NJ with their shitty driving
- providing the police detail for the games
- up keep to the highways and roadways in and around the meadowlands

Does NJ deserve some credit, ABSOLUTELY.  As I said before, if they don\'t want to give NJ credit, then find a place in NYC or one of the other boros to find a place to build a stadium and get the hell out.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2008, 11:26:15 am »
Quote from: Yoda;178785

- all the traffic

Does NJ deserve some credit, ABSOLUTELY.  As I said before, if they don\'t want to give NJ credit, then find a place in NYC or one of the other boros to find a place to build a stadium and get the hell out.

they should fit right in then
break it down, simplify

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2008, 12:23:07 pm »
I wouldn\'t talk, MASShole drivers are worse than NJ and NY combined.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2008, 12:50:52 pm »
Quote from: slimpickens

big loss may be an understatement.  Possibly the biggest loss in NFL history.

Definitely the biggest loss in NFL history, wasn\'t downplaying it at all.  That further contributes to the point: I\'d rather have a cupboard full of huge wins and huge losses than an empty cupboard.  I\'d rather have my 3 Super Bowl titles and one Super Bowl loss and the experience of seeing my team at the Super Bowl than a whole bunch of nothing, which is what most fans have relatively.  This is fun.  The Patriots have become the center of the football universe by being so good, that\'s the whole point.

Great posts everyone, but abysmal showing by DavePeck.  He\'s so obsessed with me and the Patriots that he has yet to say anything about the Giants or what the win means to him.  Both of his posts are about me and the Patriots, not the Giants.  He also left me a tasteless and vulgar phone message, probably even before he called any of his own friends and family members who are Giants fans.  Typical meatheaded New York fan behavior to be sure, but I usually hold Dave to a higher standard (perhaps mistakenly.)  Is it all about me Dave?  You just got a Super Bowl win and all you can think about is me, Seth Wolfman?  You spent 30 minutes compiling my posts and had nothing to say on your own about the Giants win?  It\'s pretty sad, especially considering that I went to the trouble of picking up a victory edition of the Arizona Republic, kept it in mint condition on the flight home, and then sent it to you as a congratulatory gift.  That\'s the kind of guy I am.  Maybe you\'ll learn something about basic human interaction from this gesture.  Congratulations again on the Giants win.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 02:41:20 pm by Wolfman »

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2008, 12:58:46 pm »
haha^ maybe he is still in awww.
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2008, 01:01:47 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;178808

Great posts everyone, but abysmal showing by DavePeck.  He\'s so obsessed with me and the Patriots that he has yet to say anything about the Giants or what the win means to him.  Both of his posts are about me and the Patriots, not the Giants.  He also left me a tasteless and vulgar phone message, probably even before he called any of his own friends and family members who are Giants fans.  Typical meatheaded New York fan behavior to be sure, but I usually hold Dave to a higher standard (perhaps mistakenly.)  Is it all about me Dave?  You just got a Super Bowl win and all you can think about is me, Seth Wolfman?  You spent 30 minutes compiling my posts and had nothing to say on your own about the Giants win?  It\'s pretty sad, especially considering that I went to the trouble of picking up a victory edition of the Arizona Republic, kept it in mint condition on the flight home, and then sent it to you as a congratulatory gift.  That\'s the kind of guy I am.  Maybe you\'ll learn something about basic human interaction from this gesture.  Congratulations again on the Giants win.

:wah:

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2008, 01:11:42 pm »
Quote from: ds673488

Definitely the biggest loss in NFL history, wasn\'t downplaying it at all.  That further contributes to the point: I\'d rather have a cupboard full of huge wins and huge losses than an empty cupboard.  I\'d rather have my 3 Super Bowl titles and one Super Bowl loss and the experience of seeing my team at the Super Bowl than a whole bunch of nothing, which is what most fans have relatively.  This is fun.  The Patriots have become the center of the football universe by being so good, that\'s the whole point.

Well seeing as your posts were full of hyperbole and so constant and you were soooooo sure of the pats dominance it is only natural for people to pile on and laugh at you and the loss.

YOU MADE IT ABOUT YOU with all those posts.That\'s the type of guy you are and we all saw it. Now you want to play it off like it\'s nothing. Laughable really. "Oh we have 3 Super Bowls losing this one is nothing to me." Yeah right.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #383 on: February 05, 2008, 01:27:25 pm »
Quote from: ds673488

i definitely didnt say that quote above

slimpickens did
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 01:27:25 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

lele

• has to follow her heart..
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisapeck
« Reply #384 on: February 05, 2008, 01:27:30 pm »
**of note**
Dave is in california on business...he left early  Monday morning & will be there all week...
lisa
:mickey:

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #385 on: February 05, 2008, 02:49:54 pm »
Leith.  You gotta calm way down.  Seriously.  It\'s OK...

The whole season was about the Patriots.  All I did was make posts about them.  The most well-written Patriots fan on any message board carried the football thread this year, so I took that burden and tried to give people something fun to read.  All I did was talk about the Pats.  I even made it a point in week 2 (ironically, a game against the Chargers) not to talk any trash all year and I didn\'t.  I know you\'re upset about the Chargers leith.  They\'re a great team and getting better.  Next year might just be their year.  I hope you get to see them in the Super Bowl someday.  Good luck next year.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 12:28:48 pm by Wolfman »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #386 on: February 05, 2008, 03:34:16 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;178836
The whole season was about the Patriots.  All I did was make posts about them.  The most well-written Patriots fan on any message board carried the football thread this year, so I took that burden and tried to give people something fun to read.  All I did was talk about the Pats.  I even made it a point in week 2 (ironically, a game against the Chargers) not to talk any trash all year and I didn\'t.  I know you\'re upset about the Chargers leith.  They\'re a great team and getting better.  Next year might just be their year.  I hope you get to see them in the Super Bowl someday.  Good luck next year.

Well one thing we can agree on is we both really like the teams we root for and are willing to talk about them win or lose. This year your team just won all the time except when it counted.
Growing up a Forty-Niner fan I got used to the winning and it hurt alot when they would not make it. However I never felt the devastation of a Super Bowl loss and I know how hard it must be. So to read your cavalier posting about it not being so bad just rung false.

As for the Chargers,I  am over it. If LT was not as hurt as he is things would have been different and the pats showing in the SB only solidified this belief.

OH and the Niners will win their division next year ;)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #388 on: February 05, 2008, 10:22:51 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;178785

- all the traffic

hahhaha I was just bustin your balls man haha thanks for the essay though. D-

you\'ll still never get a shred of credit for this super bowl though whether you want/deserve some or not.  No sports reporter is ever gonna end his report with "and thanks to new jersey for providing the home field that that giants never win at or play in during the playoffs" :lol:

personally i wouldn\'t mind gettin out of there and coming back home but for now it is what it is.

I dont consider it a big deal though and I dont think there should be any credit given to jersey for the teams acomplishments.

We are not like the New England Patriots that need to encompass and leech fans from four or five surrounding states. Its the NEW YORK GIANTS and thats all it will ever be.

But hey thanks for having us! :wave:

I am sure you guys get some great revenue out of the arrangement in return for all the hassles.

But sharing the glory was never part of the deal ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:23:53 pm by Klout »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #389 on: February 05, 2008, 10:35:20 pm »
Like it or not both teams are by default from NJ.  The Giants have been there for over 30 years and the Jets have been there for over 20 years.  Both teams had a chance to leave but signed up with a new deal and a new stadium in NEW JERSEY.  Why don\'t we cut the cord and call the teams what they are: The New Jersey Jets and The New Jersey Giants.