Author Topic: What book(s) are u reading now?  (Read 9225 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
What book(s) are u reading now?
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2009, 12:11:16 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19;231219
Quote from: Yoda;230861
Quote from: weekapaug19;230859
Quote from: Yoda;230661
Max Ride - Schools Out Forever (James Patterson)

just finished this last night....pretty funny how we are reading the same book at the same time. now on to the 3rd book

I just got to the point where I found out the "supposedly" true identity of Anne.  Will read more at lunch.  Should be on book 3 by the middle of the week...

while reading, i thought these would make a good "big" budget movie.....found out last night they are filming one soon to be released in 2010

The rights for book 1 and 2 have been purchased and as you noted, hopefully Angel Experiment will be released next year.  I\'m about 200 pages into the third book and loving it...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2009, 01:50:11 pm »
Not trying to be a dick here but aren\'t those "young adult" books?  I am a big Potter fan so it\'s not a put down, just curious.  Is Angel Experiment the 1st one?  We have the series @ work and I figured I might give it a whirl if it\'s highly recommended.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2009, 01:52:57 pm »
Quote from: Me!;231232
Not trying to be a dick here but aren\'t those "young adult" books?  I am a big Potter fan so it\'s not a put down, just curious.  Is Angel Experiment the 1st one?  We have the series @ work and I figured I might give it a whirl if it\'s highly recommended.

It might be young adult, but it\'s pretty good.  I would have to say that a lot of fiction and sci-fi novels fall into that category as well.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2009, 01:53:54 pm »

Ender\'s Game isn\'t young adult?

I first read it in middle school.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2009, 01:59:23 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;231233

It might be young adult, but it\'s pretty good.  I would have to say that a lot of fiction and sci-fi novels fall into that category as well.

I\'d agree Potter and the Ender\'s series I was talking about on here before would both fall into that category.

Quote from: tyzack;231234

Ender\'s Game isn\'t young adult?

I first read it in middle school.

Ender\'s Game is and Ender\'s Shadow is, but the rest of each series I don\'t really think are.  Like I said it\'s not like I don\'t read these books myself, I was just wondering.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:59:23 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2009, 02:04:44 pm »
I didn\'t take any offense... I\'ve read pretty much every Star Wars series that\'s been out and a lot of that is really kids stuff, but being a Star Wars geek, I read it anyway...

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2009, 02:22:39 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;231233

I say they are, but their good books and keep you interested in what happens next. that\'s all I need
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2009, 02:27:52 pm »
They\'re definitely interesting, but I think that it\'s more to do with the chapter size.  One-three page chapters; 5-7 pages at most.  King for the most part does the same thing.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2009, 03:59:53 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;231242
They\'re definitely interesting, but I think that it\'s more to do with the chapter size.  One-three page chapters; 5-7 pages at most.  King for the most part does the same thing.

I\'m reading Hearts in Atlantis right now and there is def alot of that going on.

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2009, 11:52:04 am »
The Constitution, with personal case notes.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2009, 09:53:36 pm »
i hope they serve beer in hell....absolutely hilarious
break it down, simplify

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2009, 09:56:41 pm »
Quote from: kartoon42;231382

i read a lovely chapter out of that... one about a certain friend filming a certain scenario in a bedroom... long story short there was a lot of puke.

funny stuff.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2009, 10:33:56 am »
Quote from: Vassillios;231383
Quote from: kartoon42;231382

i read a lovely chapter out of that... one about a certain friend filming a certain scenario in a bedroom... long story short there was a lot of puke.

funny stuff.

I didn\'t really like this book - while it was entertaining, but got pretty lame after a while.  OK, I get it - the guy is a prick and pompous as hell.  He has some funny stories, but it\'s more a story to pick up and read here and there, not all at once. :shrug:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2009, 11:49:15 pm »
I started reading The Hitchhiker\'s Guide, I think I like it, it\'s a little odd and hard to follow at times, it seems weird just for the sake of being weird.  He has a very interesting writing style I think it\'ll just take some getting used to.  I\'ve heard so many good things about it, so I\'m pushing on.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:54:42 am by Me! »

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2009, 07:27:27 am »
That is one of the funniest series of books i have ever read.

And there is a plot.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.