Author Topic: The Breakfast 2010-02-20 Mill Street Brews  (Read 13472 times)

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
The Breakfast 2010-02-20 Mill Street Brews
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2010, 12:55:36 am »
My misguided ideals, was to come up with a way to generate money off The Breakfast shows, so the band could survive into the future.
.info is a forum to discuss these issues.
If the discussion ends, then so does the music.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 02:28:24 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2010, 01:21:53 am »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;253197
My misguided ideals, was to come up with a way to generate money off The Breakfast shows, so the band could survive into the future.
.info is a forum to discuss these issues.
If the discussion ends, then so does the music.

p.s.I would like some respect from you great fans out there.
I put thousands of hours into The Breakfast and also thousands of dollars into promoting the band.
When you people can match that, then criticize my efforts.

Ken with all due respect you didn\'t discuss it with the board. You came out like an authority and told people they were not allowed to tape and share without the full consent of the band to make such a statement. That was the wrong thing to do. It was not your place.
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2010, 02:42:41 am »
I never said no taping of shows.
There was hardly any tapers anyway.
I didn\'t think a taping policy was necessary.
I suggested the band approve if a show should be out for free download, or wait and post shows for sale.
This is a more professional approach for a band to present itself,
rather than people taping shows and posting them for free download.
My feeling was the members of The Breakfast weren\'t in touch with all their music that was going out for free.
I felt the band should review all the taped shows and discuss amongst themselves what they should do with the show.
Scrap it, sell it, put it out for free?

We joke around so much on .info, nobody takes anybody seriously anymore.
If there was a misunderstanding, I\'m deeply sorry!
I never meant to impose any authority of my own on how things are done.
Discussions were usually informal and nobody took it to heart, to be offended.
There was just some misunderstanding on how I presented my views.

Catch ya all at a show!!! Bring your recorders!!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 06:20:27 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 09:30:08 am »
in this scene, where they are trying to attract fans, having freely available audience recording is the norm. if they want to market themselves to a different fan base, then fine. but to get fans of jam music, the potential fans have to be able to download a show and give it a listen before they are willing to spend the money to go see the band and then the show itself influences their decision to buy the merch. to think otherwise is to show a complete lack of understanding of the audience they are trying (and most likely, given their musical style) to garner.

there are things the band can do to increase their income - from writing more accessible songs to playing more than a few gigs a month, to expanding their playing area. but alienating potential and existing fans is counter productive. should they release some of the better shows, in matrix form or with some post production work, for sale? absolutely. but to try to stop audience recordings is completely self defeating.

tpalms4prez

• :banwpoa:
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2010, 10:28:46 am »
:banwpoa::banwpoa::banwpoa::banwpoa::banwpoa:

this show was great
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:17:20 am by tpalms4prez »

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 11:26:35 am »
Thanks for recording - helluva set list not to have been taped, so much appreciated. These Zooms seem omnipresent now. Over here, talking amongst the small body of tapers I\'ve managed to meet, most seem to go for Edirols HR-09s, though the internal mics are a little too bassy to my ears.

Not got a chance to download this or the other show put up, but new Breakfast - will definitely get some of that: I want to hear Blessing, for a start! That\'s what\'s also great about live shows - you can hear the songs being worked up and tweaked before the next TB album. (BTW, proper CD if possible, please, guys - I prefer those round bits of plastic to downloads, which just don\'t feel like the \'real\' thing.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:29:04 am by boombox »
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

peaches626

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2010, 05:47:43 pm »
great to finally hear eschers 5 and blessing in the skies!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2010, 07:22:05 pm »
Boy, I am having trouble today. I downloaded the mp3s and I got Reel Time, Blessing in the Skies, and Doughboy thru the end of the show. Was the zip supposed to contain the entire show? Did this happen to anyone else? Am I normal?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2010, 08:40:40 pm »
Quote from: frolfer;253241
Boy, I am having trouble today. I downloaded the mp3s and I got Reel Time, Blessing in the Skies, and Doughboy thru the end of the show. Was the zip supposed to contain the entire show? Did this happen to anyone else? Am I normal?

Dunno but here\'s a new link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ivala4
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 08:44:37 pm »
Quote from: tpalms4prez;253214
:banwpoa::banwpoa::banwpoa::banwpoa::banwpoa:

this show was great

seriously these guys must be smoking that magic dust!  Ivory!, but with Zappa\'s ashes.

and bdtuna, your first link worked fine for me in winamp, thanks ;)!
♥♫∞

TeddyT

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2010, 08:47:21 pm »

Quote from: sąikidélik;253182
Quote from: tyzack;253152
Did anyone else have problems with the download?

I seem to only have Reel Time and Blessing in the Skies in the compressed files...

Those files show up because the file is compressed. You need to unzip the file to attain all of the songs in the set. 7Zip works well and is free.

I was having the same problems/errors when extracting with winace. I then tried extracting with 7Zip as suggested above and had success. Try extracting the files with a different zip program than the one you used.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2010, 07:10:31 am »
Quote from: TeddyT;253249

Quote from: sąikidélik;253182
Quote from: tyzack;253152
Did anyone else have problems with the download?

I seem to only have Reel Time and Blessing in the Skies in the compressed files...

Those files show up because the file is compressed. You need to unzip the file to attain all of the songs in the set. 7Zip works well and is free.

I was having the same problems/errors when extracting with winace. I then tried extracting with 7Zip as suggested above and had success. Try extracting the files with a different zip program than the one you used.

Well, after sleeping on it I got up and tried 7zip and it worked!!!

I think I have it all now. Thanks Tuna, thanks Teddy, thanks to all involved in this!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

GLuft3

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2010, 08:17:18 am »
The problem with Set 1 is the ">" and "*" characters in the file names.  I opened the archive in 7Zip and renamed them first.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

ChrisF

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2010, 10:25:56 am »
Quote from: GLuft3;253259
The problem with Set 1 is the ">" and "*" characters in the file names.  I opened the archive in 7Zip and renamed them first.

good thinkin gluft. tuna\'s non windows operating system allowed those >\'s, but windows does not.

i dont bother with >\'s in the filename anymore. as long as its in the tag its good enough for me.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2010, 10:33:07 am »

Quote from: ChrisF;253261

good thinkin gluft. tuna\'s non windows operating system allowed those >\'s, but windows does not.

i dont bother with >\'s in the filename anymore. as long as its in the tag its good enough for me.

Oh, good to know... wasn\'t aware of that which Chris just brought to light. Will keep to simple characters in the future :)
Ubuntu 9.10, yes... you guys are lucky I didn\'t make an encrypted tar.bz2 archive for y\'all to crack open. Linux is free software, so what\'s the excuse? ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:43:18 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising