Author Topic: attention whoever books breakfast shows >  (Read 13807 times)

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
attention whoever books breakfast shows >
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 10:59:59 am »
ohio, huh? Thats pretty far/lame.
Halloween, huh? I guess they gotta do what they gotta do. I would love to have a NH FF.
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2008, 11:08:59 am »
Quote from: postom;197702
Quote from: tyzack;197670

While Southbridge does draw more than naragansett, a similar point can be made for it. There is no native "music sceene" to draw from, nor is there a large population of people who look around for things to do and say "hey, lets go to SOUTHBRIDGE."

Stone chruch was nice because of it\'s proximity to UNH, but portsmith is right there, there has to be a venue or two there they can play, or if not maybe manchester.

southbridge actually does get a group like that, the wormtown kids all show up there when there\'s nothing to do in their town.  which is a lot of the time, cause jam-type bands don\'t really play in worcester anymore, and that seems to have turned into their venue.

as for NH, they could play penuche\'s (there\'s 2 or 3 of them) and get exposure for about 50-100 new fans who are open to their kind of music, but that place will never pay the band enough to play there.  

pretty sure they\'re not at the point in their career where they can just start showing up at bars where people who are open to this type of music hang out and get paid shit but get good exposure to 100 or so people, but it would be nice if they did once in a while.

colleges/fraternity parties are good exposure too so can\'t really complain

As much as I hate the city of worcester (on general principle) it does have a substailial college population - clark, holy cross, WPI, assumption, becker, worcester state...I don\'t know if there\'s a heady crowd there, but there is potential.

Though if southbridge is the hangout for worcester headies, then I guess it isn\'t that bad.

As for the location of the FF/tour, I\'d say make it in new england because you could much easier sell out a place here than a place in ohio.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2008, 11:16:15 am »
Quote from: postom;197705
Quote from: davepeck;197701
now 11/1 will probably be booked as the FF, after halloween is already over, and that sucks. this is a complaint i\'ve had before with the past november freakouts. it just takes some of the wind out of its sails when it\'s after halloween.

not to mention you always feel like a giant retard dressed up the day AFTER halloween

i feel like a giant retard 99.9% of the time anyways, so that\'s not really as much of a concern for me.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2008, 11:16:38 am »
Those little private colleges always seem to pay the most inordinate amount for bands because they have the loot and they have to blow the money somewhere.  This is obviously the case for this show, there is no other explanation for the band to ever take such a colossal detour, nevermind that it\'s on Halloween weekend when they typically draw very nice crowds for their run.  I wouldn\'t be surprised if the payday is the biggest in band history and/or is over five figures.  Well, good for them.  I bet the show absolutely rages too since it is Halloween and this will be the biggest event within 100 miles Oberlin.  It\'s like an upstate New York show, just a lot further from serhead central.  We\'ll probably never hear from most of the people there ever again, but for one magical Halloween night The Breakfast will be the kings of rural Ohio and will rake it in, so go for it.  It sucks for me personally but I can\'t blame them, at least not entirely.  

I\'m happy to go to VT for another FF and I can ignore what the calendar says and have a good time.  FF3 was on 11/2/01 and from what I can remember everyone was dressed up and had a good time and nobody seemed to care that it was November 2nd.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:19:39 am by Wolfman »

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2008, 11:26:17 am »
id agree that this is sort of a weird decision by the band to accept this halloween gig.  that being said, my buddy at oberlin who booked them (the school is part music conservatory so if there is a big turnout, I\'m sure they will be impressed by the band) literally called crescendo and asked the breakfast to play on halloween after I suggested he shoot for them.

without skipping a beat they accepted the offer.  when i found out about the surrounding shows, obviously I was a bit concerned, as there is a lot of room for error with this hallowen show.  it\'s unfortunate that the band won\'t be playing a heavily populated show on halloween but if this gig goes through, I will probably be heading there.

BTW they are playing this place on Oberlin\'s campus called \'The Sco\', which my friend says is similar to the lion\'s den and they are planning on playing one 90 minute set.  And as for the five figures deal...not to talk about the band\'s money situation, but they didn\'t exactly offer that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:29:15 am by OMS »

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2008, 11:28:49 am »
noho>ohio>burlington

:fucktard:

OMS you buddy is a douche. why the fuck would you suggest this to him? I don\'t think I could come up with a more schwag bag doozed out hag face lame ass idea if I tried.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:33:08 am by Klout »

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 11:34:32 am »
Quote from: OMS;197718
BTW they are playing this place on Oberlin\'s campus called \'The Sco\'...and they are planning on playing one 90 minute set.

They\'re traveling an extra ~1100 miles to play one 90 minute set?    :idunno:
Smell my mule.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 11:36:07 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;197723
Quote from: OMS;197718
BTW they are playing this place on Oberlin\'s campus called \'The Sco\'...and they are planning on playing one 90 minute set.

They\'re traveling an extra ~1100 miles to play one 90 minute set?     :idunno:

....to a small group of wasted college noobs who never heard of the breakfast and will probably never see them again...if they even show up in the first place...freakin brilliant!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:17:37 pm by Klout »

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 11:39:42 am »
Klout - take it easy.  My friend asked me for ideas for Halloween and i suggested the breakfast because they are a good band. end of story. it\'s unfortunate it doesn\'t fit into your schedule or the band\'s for that matter really, but then they could have declined the offer.  He simply wanted to see if they\'d be up for it, he wasn\'t even really expecting them to accept.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2008, 11:41:47 am »
your kicked off breakfast lot

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2008, 11:43:35 am »
nice.

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2008, 11:44:00 am »
Quote from: OMS;197726
Klout - take it easy.  My friend asked me for ideas for Halloween and i suggested the breakfast because they are a good band. end of story. it\'s unfortunate it doesn\'t fit into your schedule or the band\'s for that matter really, but then they could have declined the offer.  He simply wanted to see if they\'d be up for it, he wasn\'t even really expecting them to accept.

i have a buddy that wants the breakfast to play at the electric company the night before moe.down, and in boston any freakin day of the week.

[FONT="](did that work?)[/FONT]

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:32 am »
Quote from: postom;197729
Quote from: OMS;197726

i have a buddy that wants the breakfast to play at the electric company the night before moe.down, and in boston any freakin day of the week.

[FONT="](did that work?)[/FONT]

I\'m misunderstanding how that\'s relevant

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2008, 11:50:02 am »
it\'s a bad joke with wishful thinking.

btw oms, thanks for ruining halloween for the northeast.  seriously. ;)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 12:12:03 pm »
KOL 4Life

freakin fonghoulish flake out
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:12:03 pm by Klout »