Author Topic: 2008-09 Men\'s College Basketball Thread  (Read 15726 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
2008-09 Men\'s College Basketball Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2009, 08:03:53 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;222746
Be on the lookout for the Belgian Express! He\'s not scurred of Thabeet. He\'s like iron.

belgian huh? i could have sworn he was a frenchman the way he was flopping around last night.

fuck syracuse
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2009, 09:39:48 am »
Free Throw %

Syracuse: .784
UConn: .571

Jim Calhoun teams never shoot free throws well. It boggles my mind that a basketball player that talented  can be so lacking in one of the games fundamentals. I would guess these blue chip recruits also got fouled excessively in high school, so one would think they\'d get better.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2009, 11:03:28 am »

That\'s a win that will keep on giving for many years to come.

The Devendorf shot was late by less than 0.1 seconds...but it didn\'t matter in the end.

The Huskies have now suffered four consecutive first-day exits from the Big East tournament, three at the hands of Syracuse. No one on the current roster has ever won a conference tourney game here.

Soy!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:03:28 am by booztravlr »
Smell my mule.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2009, 11:08:47 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;222887

That\'s a win that will keep on giving for many years to come.

The Devendorf shot was late by less than 0.1 seconds...but it didn\'t matter in the end.

The Huskies have now suffered four consecutive first-day exits from the Big East tournament, three at the hands of Syracuse. No one on the current roster has ever won a conference tourney game here.

Soy!

^ Interesting fact. Cuse owns Uconn.

hahaha
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2009, 01:51:08 pm »
Hoping SDSU does not make the cut. If they don\'t then they will host some NIT which creates more work for the Arena Conversion crew I am on.
Kinda dick but fuck those kids they don\'t need the money like we do.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2009, 01:56:40 pm »
Quote from: leith;222948
Hoping SDSU does not make the cut. If they don\'t then they will host some NIT which creates more work for the Arena Conversion crew I am on.
Kinda dick but fuck those kids they don\'t need the money like we do.

hahaha. fair enough, brah.

Aztecs are good enough to make it, might be a little problem. Need BYU to bring its A game.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2009, 02:36:20 pm »
go mountaineers

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2009, 04:39:01 pm »
Wow, last night was INSANE!

Syracuse picked a good game to get hot on the foul line. That is usually what kills them. My dog could shoot a higher % than Arinze. But I still love him.

It will be something if Cuse has anything left in the tank for tonight. 2 games within 18 hours.

Although watch out for Jonny Flynn. I am convinced he could play for a couple of days straight if he had to. Last year averaged 39 minutes a game!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2009, 11:13:48 am »
Day 2 of the NCAA tournament...

Nice to see a convincing win out of UCONN.  50 pt winning margin against TN-Chat.  Obviously not a big deal beating a 16 seed, but after last year\'s pathetic first round performance it\'s nice to see a quick start.

No major upsets yesterday, but I believe that was the case last year too.  Friday proved to be a much more "upsetting" day last year...and hopefully we\'ll see some classic buzzer beaters, overtimes, and Cinderellas advancing today.

Big game for Syracuse...shouldn\'t be a problem w/ SF Austin, but \'Cuse has been known to struggle in the early rounds before.  I don\'t think it will be the case this year considering they have one of the best point guards in the country.

I\'m excited to leave work a little early today and catch some of the games before heading down to the city.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2009, 11:37:06 am »
Quote from: NickNels;223636
Big game for Syracuse...shouldn\'t be a problem w/ SF Austin, but \'Cuse has been known to struggle in the early rounds before.  I don\'t think it will be the case this year considering they have one of the best point guards in the country.

Yeah, Syracuse usually comes out slow in the tournament. I\'m not too worried about it happening today though. Lots of people are saying they\'ll be dead from the Big East run. That ended 6 days ago, give me a break. They\'ve only used 7 players for a majority of the playing time this season so they\'re one of the best conditioned teams around.

My final 4:
Louisville over West Virginia
Memphis over Washington
Villanvova over Pittsburgh
UNC over Syracuse (hurt to write that one in)

Villanova over Louisville in the finals.

Sounds like the Belgian Express might be out for today. Achilles, hurt back and he\'s sick. KAAAAHN!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:41:36 am by booztravlr »
Smell my mule.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2009, 11:41:13 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;223641
Quote from: NickNels;223636

Yeah, Syracuse usually comes out slow in the tournament. I\'m not too worried about it happening today though. Lots of people are saying they\'ll be dead from the Big East run. That ended 6 days ago, give me a break. They\'ve only used 7 players for a majority of the playing time this season so they\'re one of the best conditioned teams around.

My final 4:
Louisville over West Virginia
Memphis over Washington
Villanvova over Pittsburgh
UNC over Syracuse (hurt to write that one in)

Villanova over Louisville in the finals.

A lot of Big East love there.  Can\'t tell you how many times I\'ve filled out brackets that reflect my love for this conference...unfotunately it usually ends up screwing me in the end.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2009, 12:31:22 pm »
i think one of my brackets had 6 big east teams in the great 8
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2009, 03:55:28 pm »
Atta boy homey!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2009, 05:31:31 pm »
Quote from: Mark;222975
Syracuse picked a good game to get hot on the foul line. That is usually what kills them. My dog could shoot a higher % than Arinze. But I still love him.

you taught your dog to shoot free throws? to earn your love?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2009, 11:16:21 am »
I\'ve got a stupid question... Why are half of the Sweet 16 games being played on Thursday night?  Wouldn\'t it be better to have a Friday/Saturday or even a Saturday/Sunday?  Doesn\'t make much sense to me.  I would think that more people would watch on the weekend.  That being said, I\'ve picked 75% of the winners through the first two rounds and that\'s with Wake Forrest fucking up that entire half of the region\'s bracket...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen