Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-02-28 - The Field; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 27803 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Setlist: 2009-02-28 - The Field; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2009, 03:05:26 pm »
well, there were additional factors affecting setlist composition for this particular show.  i mean...  

look man, i\'ve got certain information, alright?  certain things have come to light...  has it ever occurred to you...  that instead of uh...  you know, runnning around... uh uh... blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit.... you know  th...  this could be uh uh uh uh uh uh... a lot more uh... uh... uh...  COMPLEX, i mean it\'s not just...  it might NOT be just such a simple...       uh....

you know?
Postcount +1.

thatguy

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2009, 03:24:39 pm »
what in gods name are you blathering about?

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2009, 03:31:17 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;221693
well, there were additional factors affecting setlist composition for this particular show.  i mean...  

look man, i\'ve got certain information, alright?  certain things have come to light...  has it ever occurred to you...  that instead of uh...  you know, runnning around... uh uh... blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit.... you know  th...  this could be uh uh uh uh uh uh... a lot more uh... uh... uh...  COMPLEX, i mean it\'s not just...  it might NOT be just such a simple...       uh....

you know?

Are you back on the sauce?

stublatt

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2009, 03:32:45 pm »

you know?

Finally, this post is starting to make sense to me!

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2009, 03:36:44 pm »
Shut the fuck up, Donny!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2009, 03:47:04 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;221698

you know?

Are you back on the sauce?

Fortunately I\'m adhering to a strict uh... drug regimen...  you know, uh...  to keep my mind limber...
Postcount +1.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2009, 04:51:52 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;221700
Shut the fuck up, Donny!

What did I say? I know the reference, I\'m guessing someone else has that name too?
Where to next?

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2009, 11:49:53 pm »
The setlist wasn\'t made to adhere to recent shows, it was written with full knowledge that the night was being recorded.  It wasn\'t concerning what they played recently.

great night, great show.

It\'s hard to pick favorites, but here goes.  Tunage and Synergy were both jaw droppers.  Sundance was prob the letdown of the first set, I love the tune it just wasn\'t as strong as the rest of the set.

The jam in May Fly was def a highlight. I\'m really not a big Episode III fan but this was the best version I\'ve ever heard.

Gladys was easily the shortest version I\'ve ever heard.  But the energy that was put into it was un-fuckin real.  The needle was in the red through the whole tune.

Well I had a great weekend, it was great to see everyone, can\'t wait to do it all again. (although looking at the schedule not sure when that will be)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:03:04 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2009, 11:54:01 pm »

you know?

Totally pickin up what you\'re puttin down.
Masturbation in the MFA

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2009, 08:37:51 am »
Quote from: Me!;221753
The setlist wasn\'t made to adhere to recent shows, it was written with full knowledge that the night was being recorded.  It wasn\'t concerning what they played recently.

great night, great show.

It\'s hard to pick favorites, but here goes.  Tunage and Synergy were both jaw droppers.  Sundance was prob the letdown of the first set, I love the tune it just wasn\'t as strong as the rest of the set.

The jam in May Fly was def a highlight. I\'m really not a big Episode III fan but this was the best version I\'ve ever heard.

Gladys was easily the shortest version I\'ve ever heard.  But the energy that was put into it was un-fuckin real.  The needle was in the red through the whole tune.

Well I had a great weekend, it was great to see everyone, can\'t wait to do it all again. (although looking at the schedule not sure when that will be)

100% agree with you regarding Episode III.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2009, 09:53:27 am »
Quote from: Spacey;221766

great night, great show.

Eppy 3 = The Best Episode

Good to see the band staying firm to the commitment of more Eppy 3\'s in 2009 :)
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2009, 11:32:04 am »
Quote from: NickNels;221772
Quote from: Spacey;221766

great night, great show.

Eppy 3 = The Best Episode

Good to see the band staying firm to the commitment of more Eppy 3\'s in 2009 :)

i havent heard this show yet. wish i couldve made it but i completely agree with the eppy 3 comments and will listen to this since two other people feel the same about 3 as i do.  And eppy 2 is def my fav. interested to see when 4 comes along...

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2009, 12:55:16 pm »
i really love eppy 3 and i have since it\'s FF7 debut.

that said, i concur.  definitely best version i\'ve seen to date.

Quote from: FZ
Not too fast now \'cause I wanna get the right notes on the tape \'n this, this has to be the one. This has to be the one with all the right notes on it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:58:05 pm by Jim Cobb »
Postcount +1.

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2009, 11:30:50 am »
Finally had the chance to listen to Set 1 last night/this morning and I concur with the views on Tunage and, in particular, Synergy.

Listening to that, you can see why Adrian has posted elsewhere that none of the bigger bands are interested in the boys doing after parties - they are too scared of being outclassed. I have not heard one show by any of them in recent months which goes even half way to the energy, musicianship and outright fun of those two songs alone. I can only imagine what it must be like to experience close up and personal.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2009, 11:59:19 am »
Well said.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07