Author Topic: Post Freak-out line-up discusion  (Read 16025 times)

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
Post Freak-out line-up discusion
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 02:04:01 pm »
we could hold a fundraising baked sale on whaley\'s birthday. i don\'t KNOW anything, but i\'m pretty sure that the things causing jordan to make the decision he did are still very much in play (ie. family, job, mortgage) the guy plays one (fucking unbelievably great) show and it doesn\'t change a thing. i made sure to be there to see him and i hope to see him again....but he\'s not likely to be the answer. stoops is where it\'s at IMHO.
i will be disappointed if he\'s not at daniel street. i was hoping for ser epicness....

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 02:57:47 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;210728
Bdfreetuna, chill with the deemsters.

I got a line of yayo you can blow off my shlong...

more up your alley?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

peaches626

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 03:29:33 pm »
Peep BDfreetuna gettin desperate for male love.

While I defend your right to same sex lovin\', I will politely decline.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

tyzack

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 03:59:11 pm »
I don\'t understand what all y\'all have against stoops.

He rocked the super man custom and played pretty well for a first run...my only critique is that he didn\'t have the "acustic jazziness" of Matt which I had grown to really like.

but hey, he\'s a professional and I\'m not.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

psychjosh

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 04:27:25 pm »
This thread has inspired me.. from jambands.com

The Breakfast: Back To The Future With Jordan Giangrecco?

Jordan Giangrecco was the founding keyboardist for Connecticut\'s Psychedelic Breakfast, which won the 2004 New Groove Jammy and later shorten its name to The Breakfast. In 2006, Giangrecco left the group, with Matt Oestreicher joining in his stead. Earlier this year Oestreicher opted to move on as well and RAQ keyboard player Todd Stoops has performed most of the recent shows with the quartet. However, this past weekend at the Bear and Grill in Fairfield, CT, Stoops was off and Giangrecco once again appeared with The Breakfast. Giangrecco also sang lead on a number of older tunes that he originally co-authored: "See the Light," "Doughboy," "Vermont Song," "The "Chase" and "Puppetry." Stoops will be back for the band\'s next show at the Middle East in Cambridge, MA on November 28. However, Giangrecco will perform with the Breakfast on December 19 at the Field in Bridgeport, CT and as yet the band has not announced what will follow in 2009.

BTW - Jambands does take some editorial liberties so if any info in this story is incorrect.. not my fault
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:27:25 pm by psychjosh »
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 04:30:59 pm »
when did he decide to add that extra C? :fart:
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

LinesWithin

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 04:39:14 pm »
Quote from: psychjosh;210769
This thread has inspired me.. from jambands.com

The Breakfast: Back To The Future With Jordan Giangrecco?

Jordan Giangrecco was the founding keyboardist for Connecticut\'s Psychedelic Breakfast, which won the 2004 New Groove Jammy and later shorten its name to The Breakfast. In 2006, Giangrecco left the group, with Matt Oestreicher joining in his stead. Earlier this year Oestreicher opted to move on as well and RAQ keyboard player Todd Stoops has performed most of the recent shows with the quartet. However, this past weekend at the Bear and Grill in Fairfield, CT, Stoops was off and Giangrecco once again appeared with The Breakfast. Giangrecco also sang lead on a number of older tunes that he originally co-authored: "See the Light," "Doughboy," "Vermont Song," "The "Chase" and "Puppetry." Stoops will be back for the band\'s next show at the Middle East in Cambridge, MA on November 28. However, Giangrecco will perform with the Breakfast on December 19 at the Field in Bridgeport, CT and as yet the band has not announced what will follow in 2009.

BTW - Jambands does take some editorial liberties so if any info in this story is incorrect.. not my fault

what does this mean for the daniel street show?  i need answers people.

also, i don\'t think the band should have announced that stoops would be playing with them the rest of the year if that is not true.  this is just the opinion of a bitter raq fan, but seriously i\'ve had my hopes up for this show since i found out i would be in ct that weekend.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:45:50 pm by LinesWithin »

thatguy

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 05:09:03 pm »
thanx ,any more thoughts or ideas?

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 05:23:54 pm »
If bringing on Todd full time requires abandoning some things Breakfast, embracing some things Raq, and having an entirely new band emerge from the creation- then put my name first on the "will attend" list, and godspeed gentlemen.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

psychjosh

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 05:34:38 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;210794
If bringing on Todd full time requires abandoning some things Breakfast, embracing some things Raq, and having an entirely new band emerge from the creation- then put my name first on the "will attend" list, and godspeed gentlemen.

ABsolutely DITTO!

BTW - I thought Todd was finishing out 2008 with them. Obviously they can\'t jet him around for every show so I think Jordan helping them out until they figure it all out is way cool.

Don\'t be bitter about RAQ .. I don\'t think they\'re splitting.. I think they are slowing down a bit. If (GODFORBID) Breakfast split and one of the guys found a home in a like minded band.. I\'d be sad but psyched about the possibilities.

Bottom line.. Something will happen and whatever it is.. we all gotta be there and support. The Truth lies in the music.. and you can quote me on that!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

Nermel9

• the nice girl
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 05:56:27 pm »
After the seeing Jordan last week at the Bear and Grill, I\'m hoping he will play a few more shows with them.  Just my opinion. :biggrin:

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2008, 06:20:59 pm »
Quote from: psychjosh;210798

ABsolutely DITTO!

BTW - I thought Todd was finishing out 2008 with them. Obviously they can\'t jet him around for every show so I think Jordan helping them out until they figure it all out is way cool.

Don\'t be bitter about RAQ .. I don\'t think they\'re splitting.. I think they are slowing down a bit. If (GODFORBID) Breakfast split and one of the guys found a home in a like minded band.. I\'d be sad but psyched about the possibilities.

Bottom line.. Something will happen and whatever it is.. we all gotta be there and support. The Truth lies in the music.. and you can quote me on that!

ding ding ding!

RadicalRich1138

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 06:28:17 pm »

add me aswell!

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 07:19:45 pm »
I will see The Breakfast regardless of whether the keyboard player is Jordan, Stoops, Barney the Dinosaur, or nobody at all.  If Tim or Adrian ever quit the band, that would be an entirely different situation.      

As I posted in the Higher Ground show thread:
Stoops is nasty.
I\'m sold.
Psygn him.

If they brought on Stoops and went for a major rebranding/repositioning, including changing the band name and/or seriously overhauling the catlog, I would support that.  I obviously love the current catalog but I would still support them if they did this.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 09:13:29 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;210828
If they brought on Stoops and went for a major rebranding/repositioning, including changing the band name and/or seriously overhauling the catlog, I would support that.  I obviously love the current catalog but I would still support them if they did this.

Wolfy I love you man but that would be some serious bullshit were that to occur.

Maybe most of the .info kids are such huge fans of the band that they will stick around through rebranding, dumping old songs, and changing the direction of the band.

But keep in mind a lot of Breakfast fans are not on .info and if they go to shows and stop hearing the classic jammers its gonna be dunzo around here. The Breakfast have taken enough hits by changing their name and losing Jordan. It would be some kind of twisted shit for them to overhaul the catalog. You all may say you\'re gonna stick around but admit it. Most of you would be pissed if they shelved the old school songs.

If I knew I\'d have a 0% chance of hearing Puppetry or Eppy2 at a "Breakfast" show... well at least Phish is back.

Seriously I love The Breakfast. If sommayou feel the need to be dbags just because I don\'t like RAQ and their keyboard player, bite me. Last I checked this wasn\'t a RAQ board so I don\'t have to suck up to their weak ass music.

Last Breakfast show in Northampton literally 1/3 of the people there were my friends who wouldn\'t have gone unless I told em to. Another 1/3 were .info peeps. And 1/3 were people I didn\'t know or some RAQ fans. It took a lot of effort and hype on my part to get all those people out there and it was the worst Breakfast show I\'ve seen maybe ever. So that\'s why I\'m a little pissed. Most of these people won\'t come back because they weren\'t that impressed. Had they been to Sully\'s or any of the great shows Breakfast has pulled out lately they could have gained mad new fans and I wouldn\'t have to break people\'s balls to go to the shows anymore. After watching a lot of my friends leave the show just a few songs into the set... well it was a fuckin sad sight to see. I have been breakin balls for literally years to get people to go to shows and the one time finally I got mad people to go, people now think Breakfast sucks.

My "hey lets go see Breakfast" cred is totally shot. fuck it

/rant

<<-- goes to smoke a gay deemster
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising