Author Topic: I\'m Actually Pissed At Bruce Springsteen...  (Read 1040 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
I\'m Actually Pissed At Bruce Springsteen...
« on: January 23, 2009, 04:53:35 pm »
The man put out a greatest hits album back in 95 after he got the E-Street Band back together and recorded 4 tunes.  Now he\'s releasing another greatest hits album sold only at Walmart (that\'s not my issue).  The 1st GH had 18 tunes on it and this one only 12.  Out of those 12 tunes, only 5 are not on the original GH album (Rosalita, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, The Rising, Lonesome Day & Radio Nowhere).  The first two should have definitely been on the first, but that was taken care of when he released the "Essential" album.  The last three tunes are from the last two albums; I wouldn\'t really call those greatest hits yet, since it\'s only been 6 years since The Rising was released.  

See, even I can be frustrated with the man.  I won\'t buy this album and I basically buy everything he puts out.  That being said, I probably won\'t see him when he tours if he keeps up the pricing of $75 a ticket for the cheap seats.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:55:53 pm »
Dude, it\'s a Wal-Mart special release. It doesn\'t even count ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:01:44 pm »
Still... the man lost a little of my respect with this move...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 05:05:29 pm »
i lost respect for him when he started sounding so much like the hold steady!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 05:07:23 pm »
Not sure what that means?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 05:47:49 pm »
Mike gave me a list of his top ten Springsteen songs. Three of them were Huey Lewis and the News, one was Tracy Chapman Fast Car. And my personal favorite: Short People.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:09:22 pm »
haha this thread is funny
DS Newbers

Whathefunk

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 02:51:28 am »
Quote from: davepeck;217488
Mike gave me a list of his top ten Springsteen songs. Three of them were Huey Lewis and the News, one was Tracy Chapman Fast Car. And my personal favorite: Short People.

5/5

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 09:03:55 am »
cut loose like a deuce
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 09:44:33 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;217522
cut loose like a deuce

Thank you Drew.  You don\'t know how much the Manfreed Man version pisses me off.  Not only does he turn the song into some hoo haa disco sounding piece of shit, but he changes the lyrics to "revved up like a deuce" and sounding like "rapped up like a douche".

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 10:43:51 am »
Wait...it\'s NOT "wrapped up like a douche" ??

Funny this thread is here, just yesterday I was talking to a coworker who used to be a personal shopper to the stars.  He told a story of how one time he was shopping for someone in the private section of Barney\'s New York, and there\'s Bruce Springsteen trying on designer jeans at $300 a pair.  I understand that someone of Bruce\'s fame cannot go shopping in a normal store, it\'s just funny picturing him buying jeans in the elite section of Barney\'s New York and not at a regular blue-collar everyman\'s store.  

That sucks you\'l never see Bruce again Deblock.  It\'s not like ticket prices are ever going to come down, that\'s just not going to happen.  Up only.  If it makes you feel any better, I guarantee he has no control over the ticket prices whatsoever.  Doesn\'t mean it\'s worth it, just not his fault.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 10:59:11 am »
I\'ll see him again, but right now, that\'s more than I\'ll pay for a ticket before convenience charges.  I just find it hard to swallow tickets go from $35 in 1999-2003 and $75 in 2006.  That\'s not the 5% increase that we were talking about in the other thread, it\'s more like a 100+% increase.  I\'m pretty sure that he has some control over it when other artists play the same venues for a fraction of the cost.

I agree with you that it would\'ve been funny to see him there, but I personally know that he does shop in regular stores as well.  He\'s definitely got the bucks to shop like a star and he does, but it\'d be tough to find one that\'s as down to earth and as humble.