Author Topic: The Dome at Oakdale Theatre; Wallingford, CT  (Read 7871 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
The Dome at Oakdale Theatre; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 12:10:16 pm »
Quote from: DiG728;271008
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;271007
Green Board thread about the show tonight...
http://phantasytour.com/bands/1/topics/2769658/posts

Not that I frequent there but PT UM Board thread...
http://phantasytour.com/bands/9/topics/2751732/posts

Figured we could drum up some support to get people in early to catch Kung Fu!

I steer clear of PT for my own health and sanity.

Completely understood! It\'s good for a laugh and to pass the time (if you\'ve got it)... but more often the not, you\'re right.
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 12:58:11 am »
Muddy sounding room... Great set though! I think they set the tone for umphreys!!!
Where to next?

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic

DiG728

• COME ON!!
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 09:37:54 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;271020
Muddy sounding room... Great set though! I think they set the tone for umphreys!!!

Yeah the sound was definitely off, more so for Umphrey\'s in my opinion.  Drums (in particular the snare) sounded terrible.  I have seen UM many times and they never sounded like that.

I didn\'t really notice the sound being an issue during Kung Fu, which is good.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 10:18:17 am »
Quote from: DiG728;271023

Yeah the sound was definitely off, more so for Umphrey\'s in my opinion.  Drums (in particular the snare) sounded terrible.  I have seen UM many times and they never sounded like that.

I met KF\'s mixer (I forgot his name already) before the show in the lot, he was hangin with 1 of the 2 tapers that was there (mvallo being the other)... right off the bat he said the room was terrible sounding from when they sound checked.  

From where I was during KF, the the low tones were definitely one homogenous rumble throughout the gig and I think it just had to do with the acoustics of the room.  The sax and mid range keys were a bit hard to hear at times because of the wash of the lower end sounds.  Timmy\'s guitar, when Rob belted, Adrian\'s kit(which other than the snare, I was suprised at how well all his toms cut through), and when Stoops played his upper register sounds came through clear as day though!

As for UM, they definitely seemed to pick up right where KF left off and kept it goin through the rest of the night! Happy times!  You wouldn\'t happen to know the setlist by any chance? I\'m just curious, I know alot of the melodies of their songs, but I don\'t know enough of the lyrics or song names. 2 of my buddies are hardcore with these guys so I\'ve been to a few sporadic shows and I\'m most familir with Mantis.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:23:36 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

DiG728

• COME ON!!
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 10:57:15 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;271024
Quote from: DiG728;271023

I met KF\'s mixer (I forgot his name already) before the show in the lot, he was hangin with 1 of the 2 tapers that was there (mvallo being the other)... right off the bat he said the room was terrible sounding from when they sound checked.  

From where I was during KF, the the low tones were definitely one homogenous rumble throughout the gig and I think it just had to do with the acoustics of the room.  The sax and mid range keys were a bit hard to hear at times because of the wash of the lower end sounds.  Timmy\'s guitar, when Rob belted, Adrian\'s kit(which other than the snare, I was suprised at how well all his toms cut through), and when Stoops played his upper register sounds came through clear as day though!

As for UM, they definitely seemed to pick up right where KF left off and kept it goin through the rest of the night! Happy times!  You wouldn\'t happen to know the setlist by any chance? I\'m just curious, I know alot of the melodies of their songs, but I don\'t know enough of the lyrics or song names. 2 of my buddies are hardcore with these guys so I\'ve been to a few sporadic shows and I\'m most familir with Mantis.

I didn\'t see the whole show...had to leave in the middle of the second set which I was bummed about.  Here is the list from their website.

Set One
Jazz Odyssey > The Crooked One$ > Deeper > Get In the Van , Intentions Clear -> Smell the Mitten, Room to Breathe , Orfeo > Day Nurse
Set Two
Prowler > Much Obliged$ -> Go to Hell, Ringo > E.T.I > Ringo, Cemetery Walk II, 2nd Self
Encore
That\'s All > 40\'s Theme
Notes
Kung Fu opened
$ unfinished
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:06:34 am by DiG728 »

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 11:36:46 am »
Thanks DiG, it hadn\'t been posted yet, when I looked this am.
Where to next?

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 11:46:41 am »
how many times must i check back in for a kung fu setlist and if there were any sitins?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 12:00:14 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;271027
how many times must i check back in for a kung fu setlist and if there were any sitins?

Sorry Duane, heres what I recall...
Gung Ho opened, there was a tune I hadn\'t heard yet in there, Letters to Bobby Portugal, Junoon, Chakrabarty closed at lightning speed!

There\'s probably 1 or 2 more in there, they played from 8-8:45.  And sadly, no there were no sitins in either group.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:21:23 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

DiG728

• COME ON!!
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 12:32:26 pm »
I was bummed there were no sit-ins, but I would have been even more pissed if something happened after I had to leave.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 12:48:10 pm »
thanks......that was getting tense  ;)

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 02:18:51 pm »
Wow, what a crappy venue! One of the worst sounding places ever.

Oakdale sucks. Thought I\'d be smart and save $10 by buying at the door instead of paying ~ $14 in fees. WRONG! Paid $31 at the door, what bullshit.

So I guess no more decent beer either. Here\'s your lineup at $10-$13 a pop:

Bud :vomit:
Bud Lite :yack:
Bud Lite Lime :vomit2:
Heineken :nope:
Heinekem Light:pukedon:

RU ser? Bought a $8 shot of Cab instead.

Oh and can someone explain why they took ALL the urinals out of the men\'s room? :wtf2:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

DiG728

• COME ON!!
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 02:49:41 pm »
Quote from: Mark;271038
Wow, what a crappy venue! One of the worst sounding places ever.

Oakdale sucks. Thought I\'d be smart and save $10 by buying at the door instead of paying ~ $14 in fees. WRONG! Paid $31 at the door, what bullshit.

So I guess no more decent beer either. Here\'s your lineup at $10-$13 a pop:

Bud :vomit:
Bud Lite :yack:
Bud Lite Lime :vomit2:
Heineken :nope:
Heinekem Light:pukedon:

RU ser? Bought a $8 shot of Cab instead.

Oh and can someone explain why they took ALL the urinals out of the men\'s room? :wtf2:

The urinal thing was really odd.  I do have to say as far as the beer goes, yes the selection was quite shitty.  But with that being said, it was 10 bucks for a tall boy, so essentially it was 5 dollars a beer, which is definitely better than a lot of concert venues or sports stadiums.  They definitely didn\'t need to charge three dollars extra for a fucking Heineken though.  I was stuck drinking Bud Light, which I am never ever happy to do.

Apparently the food was shit too.  My sister-in-law took a bite of her nachos then threw them away.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 05:28:40 pm »
The mens room was actually a womans bathroom when they use the main stage.... The legit mens room was behind the curtains that covered backstage... Therefore, no urinals. I feel bad for any women that sits on those toilets after seeing last nights mess...
Where to next?

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 08:17:47 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;271024

I met KF\'s mixer (I forgot his name already) before the show in the lot,

That would be me.

Don, meet Krispy, Krispy, Don...