Author Topic: new album daydreaming...  (Read 4219 times)

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2006, 12:12:32 pm »
are they only spending sat>tues on this, or is its multiple sat>tues\'es? if they have the time, then i think its great that they haven\'t matured a whole lot (although an arguement can be made that this new batch matured pretty well rather quickly!) because that gives them more freedom to experiment with them in the studio. if its just the four day deal, then i definitely think they should go for a rawer, more live feel, giving listeners an idea of what to expect from the song live, but leaving them with the feeling that, while it rocks on the album, its gonna go a lot furthur live.

fwiw, i actually like some of the earlier versions of surreal radio more than some of the more recent. don\'t know what that\'s supposed to mean, maybe just that songs don\'t always need full maturation before being put on wax. or plastic these days.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2006, 08:07:48 pm »
real excited to see them going into the studio with songs fresh out the gate.. their new songs are fantastic too. im very curious and eager to see the track list, hope they throw a couple oldies and some stretched out jams on Psygn, Honey Butter.. who knows, but i think its great news. cant wait, especially because real radio has never done it for me.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Steffmo

• rekkid company mogul
    • http://horizonmusicgroup.com
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2006, 03:32:42 am »
Did I mention that after the Coda gig we were going to Vermont to cut new album trax?.

Maybe I didn\'t..........

This is a start...we will be continuing to work down here, but we wanted to go cut some basic trax away from the phones, etc.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 03:36:38 am by Steffmo »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2006, 11:11:41 am »
Cool I hope Good Things is on there. Like a heady 7 minute cut of it.

RealRadio seemed under-jammed and too sterile considering the band behind the cover. Would be cool to see the next album take some real risks musically like they do on stage every night.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2006, 11:22:59 am »
What studio in VT?
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2006, 02:27:48 pm »
Will Frank Zappa be recording a studio journal?

Let\'s see those fantasy track listings for album 5.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2006, 02:36:43 pm »
the more i think about it i really hope they throw some heavy jams on this disc. why waste top-notch sound with short cuts that are mis-representing of their true strength? let it rip!
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
new album daydreaming...
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2006, 02:51:33 pm »
^^
yeah... too bad Tribal Funk and See the Light have already been done, cuz those songs are awesome this year
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising