Author Topic: [ustream Archived] Breakfast at Stella Blues-New Haven,CT  (Read 6618 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
[ustream Archived] Breakfast at Stella Blues-New Haven,CT
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 05:26:31 pm »
Quote from: mvallo;272786
This is really no big deal.  Its my fualt for not respecting the bands stage space.   Maybe they will allow a back of the room camera shot sometime in the future. Glad you guys enjoyed he webcasts.

It\'s kind of a huge deal for the handful of Breakfast fans not on the East Coast. So thanks for fucking it up for us.
But on the ser tip thanks alot for all you do audio and video wise. Hopefully they come to their senses sooner than later.
I for one could deal with an audio only webcast if that\'s not sooooooooo distracting.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 06:00:38 pm »
I have really enjoyed the webcasts. That is too bad. But, I respect whatever the band wants to do. As long as y\'all keep on playing I am a very happy guy. My two cents.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 06:47:41 pm »
Quote from: leith;272783
Well that is fucking stupid. Oh well I guess trying to promote this band via the latest technology isn\'t really worth their time since it\'s not Kung Fu huh?
CLOWNSHOES!

Agreed.  The webcasts are the few times I actually get to be a Bfast fan and interact with my old friends from the forum who are commenting live.  Shame if they are discontinued.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 10:09:43 pm »
If they don\'t want me standing at the side of the stage with my camera, then someone else will be standing there. I might just stand there anyway. It\'s a good spot to stand.
The thing is with a band like The Breakfast every show is unique. It\'s a shame not to audio/video any of their shows. People do their thing around me, I don\'t see where i\'m interfering with anyones fun. Stoned and drunk people don\'t have many rules during a show and the crowd just kind of finds their own space. If they don\'t want webcasts right now I kinda understand that. No a/v recording at all is foolish.
Since I\'ve been on youtube the music world has access to my uploads. I just got a great comment today from someone in Chile on a Kung Fu video. I\'ve gotten all good comments from Spain, Portugal, UK, Canada, India, Chile, Mexico, Greece,Tokyo! A band from Portugal told me how impressed they were with The Breakfast! A fellow from Greece loved Kung Fu! I\'ve been keeping track of my upload views every month. I went from a hundred a month to 4,850 upload views in the first 14 days of Sept. 2011! I\'ve gotten 4,850 upload views this month so far! I went from 20,000 views to 24,850 this month alone!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:22:57 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 10:19:44 pm »
Quote from: mvallo;272775

Ken and I was told to take a break from all recording activities.  It\'s probably ok for someone else to recorded audio in a way that is not distracting to band and the fans, but you may want to ask the band first.

Disappointing news, especially for those of us who are geographically removed.  Matt, your commitment to bring these webcasts to us has been nothing short of spectacular.  Great video and audio and certainly a shit ton of work on your part (and Ken as well).  It has been a nice run.  I guess I understand that the part about the room is quite small and the recording process could have been a distraction for the band and audience.  But since the band doesn\'t tour, it was a way for us all to share the experience of being there watching one of the best live bands EVER, rip it up from week to week.  Hoping there will be audio from the last two shows.  If last weeks gig was any indication, greater things are yet to come from the the Stella Blues residency.
You Lucky Bastards!

LeFou

• seen the light
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 12:02:17 am »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;272799
If they don\'t want me standing at the side of the stage with my camera, then someone else will be standing there. I might just stand there anyway. It\'s a good spot to stand.
The thing is with a band like The Breakfast every show is unique. It\'s a shame not to audio/video any of their shows. People do their thing around me, I don\'t see where i\'m interfering with anyones fun. Stoned and drunk people don\'t have many rules during a show and the crowd just kind of finds their own space. If they don\'t want webcasts right now I kinda understand that. No a/v recording at all is foolish.
Since I\'ve been on youtube the music world has access to my uploads. I just got a great comment today from someone in Chili on a Kung Fu video. I\'ve gotten all good comments from Spain, Portugal, UK, Canada, India, Chile, Mexico, Greece,Tokyo! A band from Portugal told me how impressed they were with The Breakfast! A fellow from Greece loved Kung Fu! I\'ve been keeping track of my upload views every month. I went from a hundred a month to 4,850 upload views in the first 14 days of Sept. 2011! I\'ve gotten 4,850 upload views this month so far! I went from 20,000 views to 24,850 this month alone!
I dunno, may just go the way of Dave Peck. Phish here I come!

I\'m with Ken 110%. Ken hooks it up with DVD\'s of shows almost every time I show up. I got a nice little collection going and I love to re-visit shows or pass along to friends. At the same time he has never once got in my way, and I\'m *always* up front getting down and looking stupid. I love when the band feed\'s off the crowd\'s energy.

There must be other reasons. I\'ve made my way to the front right of the stage both nights at Stella\'s and neither Matt or Ken has been in the way. The only thing in my way was the damn couch mentioned above. And there seemed to be plenty of space back toward the bar. Maybe this is some new SB policy?

I\'ll still be there. I can see where live stream could cause issues; Ken and audio archiving not so much. Boooooo!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 12:18:56 am »
Ken don\'t feel bad I always try to be front row and I\'ve never felt like you\'ve been cramping my space.

Stellas is crazy though its like as long and thin as a string bean and its like 3 people wide up front so I can understand where the band is coming from.

It\'s also possible the band doesn\'t always realize how incredible they are and even if they think it might not have been a great show to the fans it\'s really something special? To me The Breakfast is the best music I\'ve ever heard and I listen to some of their best live shows as if they\'re some of my favorite albums.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 04:32:02 pm »
Things are definitely too tight in there. The have the new pool room in the back. They (or we) should move the couch and some of the front tables back there since no one uses them during shows.

Really bummed if the ban is truly for audio as I don\'t see that as a distraction. Not having a Breakfast show in the record books is a shame, cause pretty much everything is off the hook.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07