Author Topic: [ustream Archived] Breakfast at Stella Blues-New Haven,CT  (Read 6618 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
[ustream Archived] Breakfast at Stella Blues-New Haven,CT
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 09:25:53 am »
most likely not. Might make it out for week 3 and/or 4
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

mvallo

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 05:51:16 pm »
Get Ustream webcast updates via twitter for The Breakfast, Kung Fu, Tim Palmieri and more!
User name: webcast420

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 05:07:06 pm »
heady!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 11:36:01 am »
Quote from: mvallo;272526
Ustream Update: The band has decided they do not want weeks 3 and 4 at stella blue to be on a webcast or recored. The cameras have been too much of a distraction.
thanks for your understanding,
matt

Just out of curiousity... is this strictly for webcast/video recording? or does this include audio recording as well?
Where to next?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 11:40:35 am »
I think NateDogg was the biggest distraction.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 12:01:47 pm »
Oh shit the AV crew got banned?!

I\'m gonna Zoom it ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

mvallo

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 02:55:30 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;272769
Ustream Update: The band has decided they do not want weeks 3 and 4 at stella blue to be on a webcast or recored. The cameras have been too much of a distraction.
matt

Just out of curiousity... is this strictly for webcast/video recording? or does this include audio recording as well?

Ken and I was told to take a break from all recording activities.  It\'s probably ok for someone else to recorded audio in a way that is not distracting to band and the fans, but you may want to ask the band first.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 03:11:59 pm »
Quote from: mvallo;272775
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;272769
matt

Ken and I was told to take a break from all recording activities.  It\'s probably ok for someone else to recorded audio in a way that is not distracting to band and the fans, but you may want to ask the band first.

Thanks for the update Matt.  That really is a shame to hear for those that live at a distance that realistically isn\'t travelable.  I would hope that they would still consider having them recorded in an audio format so that the shows are at least archived in some way and can be distributed to the fanbase near and far.  In any case, thanks to you and Ken for everything you guys do in helping to spread the music and realize that your efforts over the years are greatly appreciated by many.
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:07 pm »
Well, that\'s a bummer, you guys do a great job with the crystal clear audio. And I appreciated the webcast a lot last week since I couldn\'t make it due to my car being all fucked up still.

But I\'ve never seen the band object to me setting my Zoom H4N some place in the back of the crowd, so I guess that\'s the plan for the next couple weeks. I\'ll be sure to have fresh batteries and a good memory card so it\'ll work :)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:13 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;272777
I\'ll be sure to have fresh batteries and a good memory card so it\'ll work :)

don\'t forget to make sure its on too!

On a side note... did they audio get captured from this past week?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:17:01 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 03:51:23 pm »
Fair enough. How \'bout this. If I manage to capture a decent AUD recording of the next 2 weeks, y\'all don\'t get to break my balls anymore about Zoom/human error malfunctions.

If I forget to press the right button, leave my memory card at home, battery dies, etc.... free pass to bust on me for life ;)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 04:23:59 pm »
Well that is fucking stupid. Oh well I guess trying to promote this band via the latest technology isn\'t really worth their time since it\'s not Kung Fu huh?
CLOWNSHOES!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 04:56:08 pm »
I think it probably has something to do with the fact that Stella\'s is so small up front that barely a few fans can dance front row , let alone with cameras and microphones up there. It gets really cramped.

Not saying I agree with it, but in most other venues it wouldn\'t even be an issue I\'m sure.

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 04:57:26 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;272781
Fair enough. How \'bout this. If I manage to capture a decent AUD recording of the next 2 weeks, y\'all don\'t get to break my balls

well, not until the next time there are: Zoom/human error malfunctions, you forget to press the right button, leave my memory card at home, battery dies, etc

mvallo

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 05:11:06 pm »
This is really no big deal.  Its my fualt for not respecting the bands stage space.   Maybe they will allow a back of the room camera shot sometime in the future. Glad you guys enjoyed he webcasts.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;272784
I think it probably has something to do with the fact that Stella\'s is so small up front that barely a few fans can dance front row , let alone with cameras and microphones up there. It gets really cramped.

Not saying I agree with it, but in most other venues it wouldn\'t even be an issue I\'m sure.

and on a side note: They should move that large couch to the back room. That would free up space for 5 more people upfront.

Quote from: simpletwistupdon;272778
Quote from: bdfreetuna;272777
I\'ll be sure to have fresh batteries and a good memory card so it\'ll work :)

don\'t forget to make sure its on too!

On a side note... did they audio get captured from this past week?

on another side note, audio was recorded. its not mixed...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:11:06 pm by mvallo »