Author Topic: The 2006-07 National Football League Thread  (Read 14000 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The 2006-07 National Football League Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2007, 01:04:56 am »
So the road to the Super Bowl rolls through San Diego.
8-0 @ home this year looking to make it 10-0 and then a road trip to Miami!!
Congrats to LT for his phenomenal year TD record AND finally a Rushing Title!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

leith

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2007, 01:20:40 am »
Congrats LT on the MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2007, 09:57:26 am »
anyone have predictions on the weekend?

colts over chiefs (LJ is just one man and bob sanders\' return is huge)
seahawks over cowboys (seattle is a tough place to play a road game, especially in the playoffs)
pats over jets (nobody prepares a team better for a playoff game than Mr. hoodie)
eagles over giants (barber gives it his all but eli\'s mistakes will be too much to overcome)

prob get some wrong as none of those are upsets. oh well. go colts!
Smell my mule.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2007, 11:34:22 am »
Colts
Patriots
Seahawks
Giants

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2007, 07:52:11 pm »
thank god this shit season has come to an end for the giants. i couldn\'t stand to watch another one of these miserable fucking games.. thanks for everything, tiki, cause i know you read .info daily.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2007, 09:11:52 am »
alright, 4 - 4! big win for the colts by not alllowing a first down until halfway through the 4th quarter.

time for second round predictions

colts over ravens (defense has stepped it up and peyton, hopefully, has all his kinks out for this game)
patriots over chargers (rivers\' first playoff game means the entire load will be on LT\'s shoulders)
saints over eagles (first playoff game in the dome, i think the crowd wins this one)
bears over seahawks (grossman shuts everyone up and comes through on top with help from the defense)

my heart is with the colts so i really cant go against them but i honestly think they can outscore the baltimore defense. i think the seahawks can pull out a win in chicago but they didnt look impressive against dallas.
Smell my mule.

leith

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2007, 12:38:36 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;130458
alright, 4 - 4! big win for the colts by not alllowing a first down until halfway through the 4th quarter.

time for second round predictions

colts over ravens (defense has stepped it up and peyton, hopefully, has all his kinks out for this game)
patriots over chargers (rivers\' first playoff game means the entire load will be on LT\'s shoulders)
saints over eagles (first playoff game in the dome, i think the crowd wins this one)
bears over seahawks (grossman shuts everyone up and comes through on top with help from the defense)

my heart is with the colts so i really cant go against them but i honestly think they can outscore the baltimore defense. i think the seahawks can pull out a win in chicago but they didnt look impressive against dallas.

Typical east coast bias leading to ignorance.
The Chargers are not a one dimensional team. Just because it\'s River\'s 1st Playoff game means nothing. The Chargers have a defense that will have Brady on his ass a few times. LT is not the only running game they have. Turner is a killer also. This team has the most guys going to the Pro Bowl than any others for a reason. :sigh:

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2007, 01:22:13 pm »
everyone has a chubby for the chargers and they havent proven anything yet. they almost lost to the raiders. without that shitty interpretation of a forward pass (when he spiked the ball after not being tackled) it may not have turned out in a win but who knows.

chargers have played 3 playoff teams this year (@ ravens; lost 13-16, chiefs; @ lost 27-30 and won 20-9; @ seattle won 20-17) for a 2-2 record. i dont view those wins as significant but having your only two losses come to playoff teams is really good and i respect that.

colts are 4-1 against playoff teams (5-1 if you want to count the chiefs game) with wins @ giants, @ jets, @ patriots, philly, and their only loss coming @ dallas. however, the regular season doesnt mean shit and by being a colts fan i know this is true. chargers will have to earn my respect in the playoffs before i hand it to them like everyone else has.

im not hating on the chargers at all. they are really good defensively and have one of the best players of all time in LT. i just dont agree with all the hype, thats all.

btw, merriman making the probowl is bs. they suspend him for taking steroids then reward him for his stats which were fueled by steroids. what kind of message is the nfl sending out here? we will slap you on the wrist to save face but then allow you to play in the probowl. what are your thoughts on this leith? i am not trying to get into an argument at all im just curious since you are a chargers fan.
Smell my mule.

leith

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2007, 03:41:23 pm »
Yeah 14-2 proves nothing.  9 Players named to the Pro Bowl means nothing.
If this was the  Colts I am sure you would feel the same right?

As for Merriman he got docked his 4 games which is the penalty for his offense. It is not his fault that is the only penalty the NFL has for 1st time offenses w/ steroids.

He claims innocence and I don\'t really care as he has tested clean since.
Even w/ steroids an issue I think his performance could not be that enhanced to the point where he put up numbers better than pretty much everyone in fewer games, some of that has to be natural talent which I think he has loads of.

Steroids do not help one make the type of mental decisions he makes on defense which are quite overlooked due to everyone\'s focus on the physical abilities and steroids.

This guy is the real deal steroids or not. Believe it.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2007, 05:06:16 pm »
"Yeah 14-2 proves nothing. 9 Players named to the Pro Bowl means nothing.
If this was the Colts I am sure you would feel the same right?"

doing well in the reg season doesnt mean anything. thats why they dont give out trophies for regular season champs. again, i know this the hard way cause the colts havent performed in the playoffs before but have done well during the regular season the past 3 years.

how many probowlers did the bears get? half of their defense goes every year and they havent won in 20 years.

1 #1 seed has won the superbowl over the past 3 seasons

i guess there isnt a point to all of this til after this weekend. its kind of funny since our teams arent even playing each other...yet. good luck against the patriots.
Smell my mule.

leith

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2007, 05:48:12 pm »
Oh I totally understand regular season does not mean squat. Also I await w/ a bit of anxiety considering our coach\'s record in the playoffs.

As for the hype well there is reason the Chargers are getting more run than say the Bears.

While most teams stumbled to the playoffs the Chargers went in on a 10 game winning streak.
Playing every week, and through injuries, now w/ a bye and healthy players?
The Pats will be hard pressed.

I personally hope the Colts beat the Ravens as in the past couple years the Chargers
have basically owned the Colts.
Hopefully we can continue this in 2 weeks. :)

leith

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2007, 08:20:39 pm »
Well there ya go. Missed fg. Pats win. Gotta give it to them they played a better 2nd half and the Chargers again shot themselves in the feet.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2007, 10:25:26 pm »
i def thought he was going to hit that fg at the end to tie it up. LT looked amazing but big turnovers and getting that INT stripped at the end killed them.

on a brighter note i got all my picks right again. 8 for 8. i think the colts can finally overcome their demons and beat the patriots. they have beaten them the past 2 times and now they finally get a game in indy in the playoffs. they have only let up 14 pts so far this postseason. i cant imagine peyton playing 3 bad games in a row either. theyre 9-0 at home this season but as we saw tonight being undefeated at home doesnt mean anything. on the other side i think the saints offense pulls out a tough road win. but if the weather is shitty id go with the bears. saints are a different team outdoors. either way it should continue to be a great playoffs.
Smell my mule.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2007, 02:48:38 am »
Saints vs. Pats in the Supe.  I\'m gonna be soooo torn, but GO SAINTS!

moebass

• psyentist
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2007, 11:34:58 am »
saints v. colts in the superbowl.
f the patriots.
those pretty boys don\'t know how to play football.