Author Topic: Movie Suggestions  (Read 97944 times)

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2007, 01:53:24 am »
Don\'t get me wrong The Illusionist wasn\'t great, but it entertained me for the 1 1/2 hrs or so.  Edward Norton is another of those (refering to my coen bros thread) that I\'ll pretty go see or rent or buy anything he is in.  Although the Italian Job kinda sucked though. But Fight Club, American History X, 25th Hour, Death to Smoochy, The Score, and even Rounders, are all great.  sidenote: just went on IMDB and saw that he\'s Bruce Banner in "The Incredible Hulk" which is coming out next year, didn\'t they already try this and it failed miserably?

And I didn\'t outright hate David Gale, just didn\'t think it was a great as some.  It was ok.

Stranger than Fiction def great, I could see Will Ferrel doing way more roles like this.  Kinda going the Jim Carrey route later in his carrer.  I also kinda have a thing for Maggie Gyllenhal, everybody tells me I have to see "The Secretary" but have yet to.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:55:35 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

RadicalRich1138

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2007, 10:20:43 am »
yeah annie hall is great!  that should have been on my list, also another great and underrated woody allen film is "crimes and misdemeanors"

and i am like the biggest wes fan ever, that man is a fucking god, and along with PTA america\'s best directors!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2007, 11:19:13 am »
American History X
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2007, 12:12:55 pm »
Watched Teorema last night.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2007, 12:13:40 pm »

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2007, 02:49:13 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;165578

I hope you\'ve seen Annie Hall jocelyn. I hope everyone here has.

I have indeed. It\'s one of my favorite movies.
Masturbation in the MFA

RadicalRich1138

Movie Suggestions
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007, 03:23:18 pm »
the scene in Annie Hall where they talk about fellini\'s acid movie in line is great!

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
    • http://
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007, 09:01:12 pm »

ever seen this movie? maybe my favorite ever.
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 09:47:43 pm »
Quote from: RadicalRich1138;165473
yeah six feet under is better than 8 1/2, i mean come on!

:wah: you can\'t be ser.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2007, 09:58:47 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;165679
Quote from: Gordo;165578

I hope you\'ve seen Annie Hall jocelyn. I hope everyone here has.

I have indeed. It\'s one of my favorite movies.

ohhh joy! :)

Quote from: Me!;165584
Don\'t get me wrong The Illusionist wasn\'t great, but it entertained me for the 1 1/2 hrs or so.  Edward Norton is another of those (refering to my coen bros thread) that I\'ll pretty go see or rent or buy anything he is in.  Although the Italian Job kinda sucked though. But Fight Club, American History X, 25th Hour, Death to Smoochy, The Score, and even Rounders, are all great.  sidenote: just went on IMDB and saw that he\'s Bruce Banner in "The Incredible Hulk" which is coming out next year, didn\'t they already try this and it failed miserably?

And I didn\'t outright hate David Gale, just didn\'t think it was a great as some.  It was ok.

Stranger than Fiction def great, I could see Will Ferrel doing way more roles like this.  Kinda going the Jim Carrey route later in his carrer.  I also kinda have a thing for Maggie Gyllenhal, everybody tells me I have to see "The Secretary" but have yet to.

Yes, Fight Club, AH-X, 25th Hour, Smoochy, all fantastic. I didn\'t hear of another "Incredible Hulk", esp. not with Norton? :wtf: That\'s real weird.

I\'m with you on Ferrel too. He\'s too talented to be pigeon-holed into slap-stick comedy roles. I\'ll take a Ferrel-like Truman Show for sure. Which, by the way, Truman Show = :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I\'ve also heard rumors for awhile of On The Road becoming a movie. Big name director too, like Scorcese or Coppola... Anyone??? That would be very exciting.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 09:58:47 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2007, 10:16:00 pm »
On The Road is due to be out in 2009. Directed by Walter Salles

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2007, 11:08:50 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;165781

What\'s your source for this?
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007, 11:14:39 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;165788

IMDB

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2007, 11:19:36 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;165790
Quote from: Gordo;165788

IMDB

Excellent. Salles did Motorcycle Diaries which I thought was a solid adaptation. Good stuff. Hit The Road Jack.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
Movie Suggestions
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2007, 02:13:36 am »
I just watched the best movie I\'ve seen in a looong time:

American Splendor

Watch it now!

Anyone seen this yet?

Paul Giammati = Unsung hero IMO. I love everything the man does.