Author Topic: The Official 2006 NASCAR Thread!  (Read 5688 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The Official 2006 NASCAR Thread!
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:18:53 pm »
Well, it took me 25.5 years, but I am finally coming around to the beauty that is NASCAR.  I even have a favorite driver (Matt Kenseth) and I watched the first two races of the year due to no other sports being on.  It all started with a day of go-kart racing back in January.  I can\'t wait to go to the races in Loudon this year.  Did you know that you can bring your own cooler into NASCAR races?  How sweet is that?!  See you on the tarmac!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 10:26:58 pm »
It is definitely a sport that is gaining popularity. Imagine that its roots go back to running from the cops. I personally have yet to become a fan but the people I know who have been to races and are into, absolutely love going the race and they have nothing but stories of the times. I guess it\'s kinda like a heady concert but only cars are racing.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:31:59 pm »
this is how i feel about nascar:

Wolfman

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 07:37:31 am »
Holly, that\'s like a NASCAR fan saying: "This is what I think of The Breakfast"

Both notions are equally ridiculous.  You\'re coming to a race with me this year.  You\'ll see, everyone there is perfectly cool.  You\'ll love it.  Yay, Holly and I are going to NASCAR!  Woo-hoo!

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 11:15:11 am »
This is all you need to know about NASCAR:

LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN>LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN> LEFT TURN>.......

Seriously, as far as car racing goes, NASCAR really sucks, and, as far as race fans go, NASCAR fans really do suck. If you want REAL racing this is not the sport for you.

Coolers shmoolers.

And if want a real party, look into the 12 hours of Sebring. There are virtually no grandstands, people show up 2 days in advance with RVs(and coolers), tents, etc. It becomes a 3 day long party of drinking, camping, and watching the world\'s finest drivers in the world\'s most interesting and challenging race cars, on an extremely challenging track. (It\'s a very rough track that virtually shakes the cars apart over the 12 hours of racing.)

For the Jim Cobbs out there, there was even a PIRATE camping area. That\'s right, a pirate camping area.

http://www.sebringfans.com

By the way, I\'m going next year. :P
Masturbation in the MFA

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 11:34:57 am »
Second Annual SebringFans.com WFO party
Free Beer... Get primed for the Weekend...WFO... from SebringFans.com
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Wolfman

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 03:55:12 pm »
Love the NASCAR hating everyone, keep it up!  I\'m curious to see how much NASCAR hating this thread can drum up.  Jocelyn has a taken a 2-lap lead in biggest NASCAR hater so far!  To set the record straight, before you all go hating me personally, let the record show that I do not actually like NASCAR and the only reason I remotely like Kenseth is because the word "Seth" is in his name.  I gotta say though, that day of go-kart racing back in January really was a great time.  Also, I would pay good money to see NASBUS if they had such a thing.

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 04:16:49 pm »
NASCAR =

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 05:12:57 pm »
this thread is great. Christines dad watches it all the time. I gotta agree with Jocelyn though, if your into nascar simply for the parties in the RV\'s, nascar doesn\'t have anything on horse racing. Now those are parties! not to mention that most people who own horses have money, so if you hook up, your going to be much better off at a horse race than you will be at a nascar race!

All that being said, NASCAR returns to espn in 2 years, and they are pulling out all the stops. Bristol is gonna be a hick town from then on out!!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 05:59:38 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
this thread is great. Christines dad watches it all the time. I gotta agree with Jocelyn though, if your into nascar simply for the parties in the RV\'s, nascar doesn\'t have anything on horse racing. Now those are parties! not to mention that most people who own horses have money, so if you hook up, your going to be much better off at a horse race than you will be at a nascar race!

umm, ok. The racing I was referring to was definitely NOT horse racing. Let\'s not open up that can of worms again. boooooo horse racing. It\'s not nice.

I was referring to car racing.. just... REAL car racing, with REAL parties. I was referring to cars that race on road tracks (as opposed to oval) in the following divisions: GT 1, GT 2, LMP 1, LMP 2. This is the kind of racing that my dad does, only he drives in Historic divisions. He gets to drive this wonderfully sponsored car (I think my family is addicted to adrenaline):
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 06:39:42 pm »
yea I realised that after going back and re-reading your post. I\'m just too lazy to change it.

However, from what I\'ve heard, the phreakness (sp?) is a party to end all which was the point I was making with the horse racing. Also, motosport rally racing is the coolest thing we show on espn. Nothing against F1 or whatever it is your family is into, but moto blows it all away.

"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 07:38:11 pm »
The Preakness. Although I do like your version.

Yes, rally cars are serious. That\'s a whole different ballgame. I don\'t even really consider it car racing. It is the car equivalent actually of the cross country phase at my riding competitions.

Rally is even dangerous for the spectators. They stand right by the edge of the track often in really dangerous turns. My dad knows (indirectly) a rally car driver who found a finger stuck in part of his car after the race. Ouch.

F1 is totally different from what I was talking about, but still more legit that NASCAR.
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 12:24:33 am »
Surely NASCAR must be legit...they\'re sponsored by Bud, Miller, Coors and Busch!  :lol:

I\'ve always wondered why they don\'t have a few right-turn races a year.  Just to change things up a bit.  I bet the drivers couldn\'t handle it.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 12:27:58 am »
Neither could the cars; they\'re not built for it.
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 06:20:12 am »
Nascar developed out of bootleg running back in prohibition. The drivers for the bootlegers would trick out their cars so they could outrun the police. Then on the weekends they would race each other for bragging rights. People started comming to watch these races on the weekends, and before long, the drivers found they could make more money on saturday in the race than they did all week hauling liquor. Many of the first champions of nascar fall into this catagory.

Thank you, Dr. Stupid.