Author Topic: BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH  (Read 28082 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2011, 04:49:21 pm »
Quote from: frolfer;266595
Are you going to be able to make it this year leith? It would be cool to meet some west coast bfam. Rickey Roux, are you making it out this way by any chance?

So far the plan is to be there. I already have a reservation to fly into Manchester NH. My birthday is on the 13th so if the dates stay in this general timeframe in the future I\'m down to be at every one as a bday gift to myself every year.

Do you have a basket? I\'ll bring discs if you do. I might have room to bring mine if I bring a tent.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2011, 04:54:50 pm »
Quote from: leith;266608
Quote from: frolfer;266595
Are you going to be able to make it this year leith? It would be cool to meet some west coast bfam. Rickey Roux, are you making it out this way by any chance?

So far the plan is to be there. I already have a reservation to fly into Manchester NH. My birthday is on the 13th so if the dates stay in this general timeframe in the future I\'m down to be at every one as a bday gift to myself every year.

Do you have a basket? I\'ll bring discs if you do. I might have room to bring mine if I bring a tent.

I certainly do have a basket and I will bring it along! I will bring kan jam as well which is a fun disc game if you\'ve never heard of it. I think it was invented in western NY. Kinda like horseshoes but more interactive.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2011, 04:57:20 pm »
Unfortunately, it doesn\'t look like Breakfest II is going to be doable for me.  

We\'ll see.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2011, 04:58:32 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;266604
Hey man, if you "woke up" at all, I\'d say you did a pretty good job.

I certainly hope I can grab a few hours of sleep at any festival. I don\'t even do much "stuff" that would keep me awake all night anymoar.. I just can\'t friggin sleep with so many loud ass wo0ks around.

Dude.....

earplugs earplugs earplugs earplugs earplugs

I\'m surprised a veteran of many festivals such as yourself you don\'t always have them on you.

At wormtown, strangecreek, vibes etc they have them in all the general stores 1$/per pair onsite. We bring our own and they have them at most grocery stores these days. a huge pack is only a few bucks.

The only "issue" is getting used to having them in. The only noise of your heartbeat can be a little unnerving but after that blissful sleep with even the most obnoxious neighbors.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2011, 05:27:43 pm »
damn dude, that\'s some good advice.

You might be amazed how completely unprepared I\'ve arrived at most festivals...

I\'m going to grab some plugs and try wearing them for a few nights in normal conditions (home).

thanks ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2011, 07:13:03 pm »
I always wear them at shows. Takes some getting used to and now I never want to be without them.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 10:00:38 am »
earplugs and advil pm. sleep anywhere!!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 10:19:02 am »
It can be hard to knock me out sometimes. Last festival, 3 ambiens + 60mg valium (I was prescribed at the time) + heavy indicas didn\'t do the trick.

Since then I have eliminated my dependency on anxiety/sleep meds, but I still have a sleepless night here and there.

I am jealous as fuck of people who can sleep easily or fall asleep quickly. Sometimes I find if I say a prayer I can fall asleep better.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

galenas

• Global Moderator
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 10:46:55 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;266629
It can be hard to knock me out sometimes. Last festival, 3 ambiens + 60mg valium (I was prescribed at the time) + heavy indicas didn\'t do the trick.

Since then I have eliminated my dependency on anxiety/sleep meds, but I still have a sleepless night here and there.

I am jealous as fuck of people who can sleep easily or fall asleep quickly. Sometimes I find if I say a prayer I can fall asleep better.

same boat. i have such a tough time sleeping, even in the darkest and quietest of conditions. and i wake up on a dime. earplugs and a comfy mask definitely help, but you can become addicted to needing them, which also is annoying. this week has been a rough one for me.... i once traveled to paris > amsterdam and didn\'t sleep for multiple days in a row and it turned into quite  a psychedelic experience. i seriously need to write a book about some of the shit that went down. it\'s almost tough to believe. took me several years to recover, actually. but anyways...

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 10:54:02 am »
now i\'m intrigued.  go on...

frolfer

• breakfast geek
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 10:56:47 am »
Bonzo Productions. I love it!!!!

galenas

• Global Moderator
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 11:02:09 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;266636

find me a publisher. shit\'s crazy.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 12:15:44 pm »
Quote from: galenas;266638

aren\'t you a writer? fuckin dish it out!

edit: at the very least, if i come to kung fu tomorrow, i want a drunken synopsis
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:20:56 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

galenas

• Global Moderator
BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 12:45:25 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;266650
Quote from: galenas;266638

aren\'t you a writer? fuckin dish it out!

edit: at the very least, if i come to kung fu tomorrow, i want a drunken synopsis

i will be happy to share an oral history. :insert dirty comment here:

bonzo

BreakFEST II; Goshen, NH
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 03:40:38 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;266629

please god let me fall asleep tonight.