Author Topic: Breakfast Promotion  (Read 5454 times)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Breakfast Promotion
« on: September 07, 2007, 12:17:06 am »
Hey everybody. I just purchased 300 cdr/cases/labels for promotion this fall. The midwest run is in a couple weeks and I\'m pretty booked until then so I will be unable to help promote that run. However, I can start helping out with the Colorado and Fonghoulish Freakout runs in October. These are very important runs and if successful they will pay huge dividends for the band.

I went to a local Raq show tonight and passed out ~35 promo discs. I gave the remaining ~15 to Dan (Syracuse promoter) to hand out at the late night Raq show. People seemed excited to see the breakfast coming back to town and some even recognized my samplers as I did them in February and April for what I labeled Winter and Spring Samplers 2007. The word is getting out and the only way to keep the wheels spinning is to promote the shit out of this band.

I spoke with Raq\'s manager/merch guy (Justin). I couldnt\' tell if he was both or not. Anyways, he said one of Raq\'s band members was all about the breakfast. I told him numerous times that these two bands need to hook up and do a tour together. He seemed to like the idea so hopefully it makes it way to the band. Raq will be in New Haven at Toad\'s Place tomorrow night. For any of you not going to Naragansett def go check these guys out.

So, finally, to my point. If you are in an area where the breakfast will be playing in the near future get in contact with me. I will put together 50 promo discs and mail them to you. I am using slim cases with show info/flyer stickers on the front and track listing, band pic, .info website address stickers on the back. They look pretty classy for free promos. I chose to use the Phan Phest set for the Fall Sampler as it showcases a well played show and also fits nicely on a single disc. Send me a PM if you are interested. If you\'ve read this far you\'ve already commited yourself to passing out promos.
Smell my mule.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 07:16:30 am »
I\'ve been dying to check out Raq.  Bad night to be in Breakfastland... well, bad for me anyway.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:28:57 am »
nice work booztravler
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 11:39:39 am »
excellent idea. i also forwarded your email on, brah.

keep up the good work.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 02:47:30 pm »
respek

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59:55 pm »
As I recently did promotion at the Syracuse Raq show, so can you!

Raq is playing:

09/20/07 The Miramar Theatre Milwaukee, WI [raq]

09/21/07 Cabooze Minneapolis, MN [raq]

09/22/07 Martyrs\' Chicago, IL [raq]

Same three cities, one week before the Breakfast play there.

09/27/07 Kinetic Playground Chicago, IL [tb]

09/28/07 The Broken Axe Moorhead, MN [tb]

09/29/07 Rathskellar/Terrace @ University of Wisconsin Madison, WI [tb]

Raq\'s tour continues out west and makes a U-turn towards CO where they play:

10/11/07 Fox Theatre Boulder, CO [raq]

10/12/07 Cervantes\' Masterpiece Denver, CO [raq]

10/13/07 Aggie Theatre Fort Collins, CO [raq]

Again, the same three cities, one week before the Breakfast play there.

10/18/07 Trilogy Lounge Boulder, CO [tb]

10/19/07 Hodi\'s Half Note Fort Collins, CO [tb]

10/20/07 Quixote\'s True Blue Denver, CO [tb]

If any promotion can be done in these cities, these are the shows you should be doing it at! I\'m sending Vasillios 50 promos discs for the Boulder show, which then leaves 5 shows that need promo. Since it\'s too late for me to make and mail out promo discs for the mid-West run, go to the Raq shows and pass out tons of flyers. Introduce yourself to Raq\'s management/band members and try to work some connections.

Raq and the Breakfast are playing different venues in each of the 5 cities [Moorhead and Minneapolis are the only different cities]. With their combined powers they could be playing bigger venues on their next trips out West. However, this is all just wishful thinking until someone does something about it.
Smell my mule.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 05:30:13 pm »
good work, booztravlr.

We can use all the help we can get for any of these shows. Currently we are working out a situation where people doing promos will receive CD samplers and special unreleased DVDs.

We do need help with the Freakout run and any other shows.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 12:56:11 pm »
Mailed 50 promo discs to Boulder, CO (Vasillios) today. Should be there in 2 days. 6-10 days would have been cutting it close for the Raq show so I had to suck it up and pay extra for the quick delivery.

Anyone around Northampton or Bulington still need promo discs?
Smell my mule.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:01:21 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;161545
Mailed 50 promo discs to Boulder, CO (Vasillios) today. Should be there in 2 days. 6-10 days would have been cutting it close for the Raq show so I had to suck it up and pay extra for the quick delivery.

If you have some, I can make a trip up to NoHo and try to get the music store to hand them out or let people take one if they feel like it.  I\'m planning on going up there to hang up some flyers around NoHo/Amherst/ZooMass
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 01:09:44 pm »
I could probably get some made and in the mail by the end of next week. What do you think 25 or 50?
Smell my mule.

weekapaug19

• In the house
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 01:17:07 pm »
whatever is easiest for you.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 01:27:51 pm »
All Freakout promo packs are in the mail.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 01:32:07 pm »
Sounds good. I\'m out of town this weekend but I\'ll crank out as many as I can and have them in the mail by next week. PM me your address when you get a chance.
Smell my mule.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 02:27:53 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19;161547
Quote from: booztravlr;161545

If you have some, I can make a trip up to NoHo and try to get the music store to hand them out or let people take one if they feel like it.  I\'m planning on going up there to hang up some flyers around NoHo/Amherst/ZooMass

it could help if you double sided the fliers to have the music store info on the back
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

weekapaug19

• In the house
Breakfast Promotion
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 03:15:45 pm »
an offical theme announcement very soon would help the promtion alot I feel.  A blurb on jambands.com with the theme will help promotion