Author Topic: Sullivan Hall; New York, NY  (Read 5126 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
Sullivan Hall; New York, NY
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 03:56:01 pm »
hmmmm.... i live in yonkers, but i\'ve got my fiance with me and all my gear since i\'m sitting in.  let me look at the car tonight and see if i can finagle my gear to get an extra seat going...  although with all the folks that\'ll be driving back up 95 that night, i\'m sure you\'d be able to find a ride that didnt involve a pile of gear up against you....
Postcount +1.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 04:06:32 pm »
hmmmm.... i live in yonkers, but i\'ve got my fiance with me and all my gear since i\'m sitting in. let me look at the car tonight and see if i can finagle my gear to get an extra seat going... although with all the folks that\'ll be driving back up 95 that night, i\'m sure you\'d be able to find a ride that didnt involve a pile of gear up against you....

Thanks for the offer.  YOu are probably right though, with all the people headed back this way, it shouldn\'t be a problem.

I\'m not sure if we\'ve met...or maybe we have.  I\'m not good at deciphering these .info names.  I\'ve been around since \'05, but was in Arizona for the end of \'07/beginning of \'08.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 05:17:49 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;194901
 I\'m not good at deciphering these .info names.

Oh, well, his is pretty easy, seeing as it\'s his real name. ;)
Masturbation in the MFA

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 12:23:17 am »
Quote from: NickNels;194901
hmmmm.... i live in yonkers, but i\'ve got my fiance with me and all my gear since i\'m sitting in. let me look at the car tonight and see if i can finagle my gear to get an extra seat going... although with all the folks that\'ll be driving back up 95 that night, i\'m sure you\'d be able to find a ride that didnt involve a pile of gear up against you....

Thanks for the offer.  YOu are probably right though, with all the people headed back this way, it shouldn\'t be a problem.

I\'m not sure if we\'ve met...or maybe we have.  I\'m not good at deciphering these .info names.  I\'ve been around since \'05, but was in Arizona for the end of \'07/beginning of \'08.

i\'ve been coming around since late \'04.  sat in with them at the knitting factory feb 06... i used to have gigantic hair.  i dunno...  i\'m at just about every bfast show in nyc unless i have a gig.  you\'ll see me next friday, so come say hello.
Postcount +1.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 12:39:14 am »
good luck jim, throw down
caress me, aunt jemima

peaches626

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 12:55:45 am »
Quote from: Lexington;194928
good luck jim, break a leg, just like i did!!

fixed
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 01:00:29 am »
that was originally going to be in my post, but its alittle evil

asshole
caress me, aunt jemima

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 12:01:19 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;194897
who\'s got my headdy couch space Friday night?

nicknels - i got heady floor/couch space for ya if you need it.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 08:54:31 pm »
can someone please post a link to fliers for this show?? i will be at consider the source this wednesday = perfect chance for some promo.

and please everyone, spread the word as far and wide as you can for this one. let\'s bring back the heat to nyc!!

Whineberg

• http://
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 01:05:22 am »
Come and see Jim play, he\'s excellent. Like I told Jim, if it was anybody else sitting in I would say meh.........but with you, I say bring it on!!!!!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 02:54:21 pm »
for some (FREE) pre-show fun:

Prospect Park (approx. 20 minutes away)
Brazilian Girls - Not actually Brazilian—but very possibly the sexiest band alive—Brazilian Girls shimmy into town on a “dizzy mix of bossa nova, jazz, rock, and electro beats” (Entertainment Weekly) to fête the Latin Alternative Music Conference.

Friday, July 11, 7 p.m.
with Miranda! / Ticklah
Argentine pop sensations Miranda! bring the Buenos Aires dance underground to the party, while Brooklyn’s own Ticklah “channels his energy into deep dub territory” with thick reggae beats and rhythms enhanced with electronic elements. (Glide Magazine). DJ Papichulo spins between sets.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 03:04:20 pm »
brooklyn has a ticklah, too? looks like you got some competition, todd
caress me, aunt jemima

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 04:55:17 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;195413
for some (FREE) pre-show fun:

Prospect Park (approx. 20 minutes away)
Brazilian Girls - Not actually Brazilian—but very possibly the sexiest band alive—Brazilian Girls shimmy into town on a “dizzy mix of bossa nova, jazz, rock, and electro beats” (Entertainment Weekly) to fête the Latin Alternative Music Conference.

funny you brought this up! i have been listening to lots of Brazilian Girls lately ( i downloaded a bunch before Camp Bisco V but never got around to listening to them until now... thank you iPod!!), they are actually really cool, i wish i could put my finger on exactly what i dig about them. maybe its the multiple languages or just the cool beats, but this is something i definitely would love to check out.  great song, terrible video.... but it was stuck in my head for weeks!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:04:06 pm by princesscaspian »
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 05:18:42 pm »
hmmm... princess... maybe we can compromise with our brooklynite buddies and hit this up before driving them all over to manhattan for the breakfast.... i may take friday off anyway...

never mind... i\'m doing this... just sent out to a bunch of friends and hope to see all you fine people there!

Just a head\'s up that I\'ll be partying in NYC this Friday and hope our paths cross at least somewhere along the line. Here\'s the tentative itinerary. (Of course I could be convinced to hit up Lombardi\'s beforehand...)

The Pinch Bar & Grill
9:30 p.m.(ish)
237 Sullivan Street (between West 3rd & Bleeker St)
Phone: (212) 982-5222
Click here for a 20% off coupon!
$3 Well Drinks $3 Domestic Bottles $3 Drafts $5 Cosmopolitans $5 Margaritas
THE SKINNY: This place doesn\'t get really crowded and the drinks are very reasonably priced. (Just be sure to print the coupon!)

The Breakfast @ Sullivan Hall
11:30 p.m.
214 Sullivan St.
New York, NY
Phone: 212.477.2782
THE SKINNY: You know the deal. If you haven\'t seen the new bass player yet, what are you waiting for?!

I hope this e-mail finds everyone in good health and positive spirits. Forward to anyone and everyone I missed. Keep in touch with your plans!

Love,
Diana
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 08:55:56 pm by galenas »

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 08:54:07 am »
sweet.  bump for tomorrow.
Postcount +1.