Author Topic: Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT  (Read 3279 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 03:29:07 pm »
still not sure if that would be worth the drive to CT. I would end the run with ragin saturday night homestand if i were you booz/ Your in perfect position for the 3 day run tho. 4 hours total driving thursday
2 hours total friday then none on the last day. thats pretty good.

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
No Kids This Sunday at Jake\'s
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 03:37:08 pm »
Hello everyone - i have to pass the message from Jake\'s management that no kids are allowed this Sunday. The show is 21+ strict. Sorry for the confusion last week. In general parents should call venues (which most of them are bars) to see if it is cool to bring their children. Every bar/venue have different rules. Some care, some don\'t - either way i hate to exclude anyone from a Breakfast show. That feeling sucks so just check in advance so there is no confusion. Thanks for understanding and I will see you at Jake\'s for the last installment of acoustic Breakfast (for now). peace
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 03:50:14 pm »
Quote from: Klout;159013
still not sure if that would be worth the drive to CT. I would stay home and play with my twigit if i were you booz/

i had to edit that one for you Klout

it\'s only a little bit of driving and it\'s always well worth it
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 03:52:00 pm »
heh twigit?

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 04:29:20 pm »
Quote from: Klout;159023
heh twigit?

slit...... vag........ hole.......
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 05:14:53 pm »
Can I bring my dog?
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 05:25:26 pm »
Quote from: Mark;159044
Can I bring my dog?

Not a chance in burning hell. I would not allow this, even if it was your seeing eye dog.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 07:03:39 pm »
Can I bring my dog?

Should we expect a sign on the door next week? No Shirt- No Shoes- No Kids or NO SERVICE.Good to know in advance.

even if my little one is with his Dad all weekend.I woulda brought him again since we weasled are way in so nice thanks to help from friends.I thought it ended up not being an issue.
 I walked in with my 4 year old (who was probably even more excited than even me to see the band)to a hallway with other kids and I saw a disappointed parent tell me "they arent lettin kids in"Tommy broke my heart when he looked at me with those big eyes and  in the most adult voice a 4 year old can have said Mommy,why are we in this room I wanna go in there thats where the music is"He looked at me like I was nuts.anyway......I will def. be calling ahead of time if there is ever a show at a time,in a bar that suites my kid.I really didnt think twice though since I work where there is a Bar and I had to take a test and as long as the minor is accompanied by someone over 21 they can be there.and........... it was  in the friig\'in afternoon!

anyway a completely enjoyable Sunday afternoon!! lookin forward to next week and any other acoustic shows for the future.:)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:13:17 pm by bellbottomtear »
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 08:07:37 pm »
It completely up to the owner Jake, who is a dog, and the dog says no KIDS and NO BACKWARD HATS. I\'m looking at you, Walsh!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SkyePrizm

• separator
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 08:52:12 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;159047
Can I bring my dog?

Not a chance in burning hell. I would not allow this, even if it was your seeing eye dog.

But sunday is my dog\'s birthday!!  (no really, i\'m not lying...and yes i am admitting to celebrating my dog\'s birthday....)

klaashole

• I miss Jerry
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 09:04:13 pm »
What a shame no kids.  I had 4 couples coming to the show next week with kids (Breakfast Virgins) and now I have to let them know that kids are not welcome.  It gets very expensive when you have to hire a babysitter at $10 an hour, not to mention the $100 bar bill.  Had a great time and will be at Jakes without my three boys.  Looks like Jennifer is staying home with the kids.  Thanks to the Breakfast for a great show and Dave P for getting the show on the archive so quickly.  The sound was great this week, although I miss the baby grand.

davepeck

• Administrator
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 10:57:19 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;159067
the dog says no KIDS and NO BACKWARD HATS.

drew said something about this to me the other day, and totally confused the shit out of me, as i\'ve worn backwards hats in there 2 weeks in a row and no one\'s said a word to me.

is this seriously a "rule"? is it posted somewhere? have people been told no backwards hats? really?

funny how much i liked this place up until mid-week2. yeesh.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 11:15:21 pm »
i thought the service was pretty terrible this past week, i swear that chick bartender was trying to start a fight with me, iunno. still had a blast at the show, though. my friend hollis\'s little boy tide was that uber-heady kid dancin up in the front, i\'m gonna miss him next week! :(
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Caitlindrums

• www.caitlindrums.com
    • http://www.caitlindrums.com
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 07:20:41 am »
I always thought the law was; 21+ means you can\'t be a kid and walk in unsupervised (without a legal guardian) but I\'m pretty sure that the CT. State law is that as long as a child is with a legal guardian they are allowed.  

Actually...it\'s bad move for Jake\'s.  We were planning on bringing down a few people, one who is having a birthday.  Let\'s see....Me. my wife. three kids, two or three others...diner, drinks....= $$$$$$$$ for Jake\'s == bad business move.

ok....new idea.  Sunday acoustic shows at an "everyone" (dogs included..lol) place.  

Tim...thanks for the heads up.  I would have hated to drive there and not be let in.  Play "Honey Butter" for the girls.  See you soon.

galenas

• Global Moderator
Jake\'s; Wallingford, CT
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 10:40:57 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;159086
. my friend hollis\'s little boy tide was that uber-heady kid dancin up in the front, i\'m gonna miss him next week! :(

i swear, he brought such a smile to my face the entire time he was bopping around. waaay too cute. i can tell your friend is doing a great job raising that adorable little thing. :)