Author Topic: help with mac  (Read 608 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
help with mac
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:45:35 pm »
i just got a mac and am having trouble figuring out how to download breakfast shows.  i have bittorrent , but it stops downloading things at like 28%, and also archive is being a pain .  can anyone help please ?
*Gia*

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
help with mac
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:07:23 pm »
Not sure why you\'d be having trouble with Bit Torrent. I use Azureus, and don\'t seem to have any problems, as long as someone is seeding the show. As far the archive.org, I did have problems a few months ago. Now I\'m downloading via FTP and and the downloads fly. Hope that helps.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
help with mac
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:23:54 pm »
Well Gabo first, step away from the Bong.
It should be easier from there.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
help with mac
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:46:52 pm »
get a PC would be my first piece of advice
DS Newbers

SkyePrizm

• separator
help with mac
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 09:50:02 pm »
i have a mac, an  ibook to be exact... i have no problems downloading.

I wish i could explain what i do, but i am not technically smart, so i dont know how to word what i do. i may have to draw you a stick figure diagram.

Quote from: ds673488;187985
get a PC would be my first piece of advice

Ooooh never.  THE ONE pc i had died after two years cause of a virus.   Every Mac i\'ve had lasted. And never ever had one virus.  I had a Mac Performa between 1995 and 2001.  It was legendary.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:50:02 pm by SkyePrizm »

fizzlefest

• Your Mom...
    • http://www.craigwendler.com
help with mac
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 02:33:26 am »
Virus\'s are mostly written to attack Windows based computers.  Why?  Because Windows based computers make up a majority of the market.  A virus programmer wants his virus to spread as rapidly and as widespread as possible.  To do this you specifically target Windows users.  Mac\'s aren\'t safer or virus-resistant computers.  They are simply being ignored (for now).  However with the increase in popularity of Macs, things will soon change.

As for virus protection, I use McAfee.  Costs me just $35 a year to  protect 2 computers.  It\'s so worth it.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents.  :)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
help with mac
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 11:57:13 am »
What exactly happens when you are trying to download from the Archive ?

I am currently sitting in front of a mac running leopard so if you want to post some links to troublesome downloads I can see if I can recreate the problem
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19