Author Topic: RIP Pip Pyle  (Read 1440 times)

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
RIP Pip Pyle
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:26:47 pm »
:( Just found out that another of the great musicians has done to the great gig in the sky.

For those who might not know the name, Pip Pyle was a stalwart of the Canterbury scene, playing drums for Gong, Caravan, Hatfield & the North etc. He appears to have died suddenly following a gig.

This from the planetgong website:

PIP PYLE 1950-2006 Updated Tue 29 Aug\'06
I have just had some terribly sad news, Pip Pyle died in a Paris hotel at 2.00am on the morning of 28th August. He had stopped off while returning from a Hatfield & the North gig in Amsterdam by train. We all loved Pip, everybody did. A big spirit, a big heart and a big musician. No-one who ever toured with him or counted him among their friends will ever forget the sheer joie de vivre with which he launched himself at life, and which so often sucked you along as well, I know they will all be devestated. As one of the Gongmaison musicians told me through the tears when I broke the news to him, "I had some of the best times of my life with Pip." He was at the centre and the heartbeat of so many bands and worked with so many musicians, it\'s like some mighty oak has fallen. Love to all he leaves behind.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)