Author Topic: Gabo\'s Power Trio show MP3\'s  (Read 3077 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Gabo\'s Power Trio show MP3\'s
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 06:13:56 pm »
well, I was able to put the files into itunes also and I was able to make a disc. about to hop in the car for a test listen. Wahoo!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 07:22:33 pm »
cant wait to listen!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 08:50:26 pm »
Thanks Gabo, wish I could have been there.  Can\'t wait to listen to.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 09:08:03 pm »
sweet glad its workin out !   queeb should rip your souls apart
*Gia*

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 01:31:37 pm »
this show is sick! musta been a swell time had at the ol\' shindigger.

sounds great, nice to hear the vocals so clearly.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 01:54:10 pm »
this must have been so fun!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 01:11:04 pm »
bumpin this so those of you who havent can hear one of the best queebs of all time

i cringe to think of what would have become of it had jordan been there.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:11:04 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 01:19:55 pm »
listened to this this morning! very nice show, so much sound from just the three guys!! there were a few lulls (the jam between peaches and the end bit of hlh) but for the most part it just rages!!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 02:13:52 pm »
I only had time to listen to Queeb and Reba last night cuz Gabo was doggin\' me as I was trying to hit the sack ;)

My comments so far..... this may be my favorite Buquebus ever. Certainly among the most unique and beautifully played. The first jam was probably 20 minutes long on its own and was totally inspired and flowed like water the whole way through.

Reba was just simply elegant. I\'ve heard a handful of Breakfast Reba renditions before and thought they were mostly pretty good but didn\'t hold up to Phish on a good night. Probably because previous versions were played more traditionally, starting with the Lawn Boy album cover at the Higher Ground Freakout. This Reba is a total masterpiece and while the jam does capture the super-chill vibe and build-up of a good Reba, it\'s done in a totally unique way. If Trey heard this shit I wouldn\'t be surprised if he wanted to take the song back to the drawing board. Transcendent is the word.

I\'ll listen to the entire show tonight. But unless the rest of the show was an absolute trainwreck (yeah right) Gavin and the boys and girls up in NH got treated to something really special.

The Queeb actually reminded me a lot of the Strange Creek Mayfly...

Anyway this show should definitely not be an "insider secret". Absolutely has to be on archive.org ... maybe AV crew can get that done but I\'m guessing they\'d want the original WAV files.

At the very least I will convert these .m4a files to a high bitrate mp3.zip with a megaupload for y\'all later. T\'was a bit of a pain grabbing these individually from sendspace :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 02:17:01 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 03:00:39 pm »
if i knew how i would for ya.  thanks tuna def want everyone to hear this its quite the sleeper
*Gia*

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 03:37:14 pm »
do you know if these files were lossless or just saved to .m4a? because if they\'re not lossless, then converting them to mp3 (even a high bit rate) won\'t help much.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 04:34:12 pm »
No it won\'t improve the quality but the quality is already very good, I believe it\'s a pretty high bitrate to begin with at least based on the file sizes. If I convert to WAV > MP3 320kbps or something I doubt it will affect it. And then we will have files that can be put on archive.

If original WAVs do exist, by all means, let\'s have em ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 05:19:06 pm »
it does sound pretty good, and is probably fine to convert, especially if these are actual lossless m4a\'s. sometimes you can save lossy files as m4a\'s, too, and if these are lossy transferring them to another lossy format will degrade the overall....  ah, who am i kidding, spread it \'round easily as possible!

GLuft3

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 05:21:58 pm »
Gavin, were you still going to send the original CDs to me?  I can get them into WAV/FLAC/MP3 from there.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 07:36:59 pm »
yes i will my friend sorry it\'s taking so long my buddy borrowed them and ran off to college.  i will have them out as soon as i can
*Gia*