Author Topic: Gabo\'s Power Trio show MP3\'s  (Read 3076 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Gabo\'s Power Trio show MP3\'s
« on: September 02, 2009, 12:00:50 am »
sorry they are not all in one my buddy did it for me.  hope it works and you enjoy thanks guys love you all check it all out but the  Queeb is over 30 minutes  

http://www.sendspace.com/folder/uni72i
*Gia*

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:26:00 am »
Thanks for getting this up here. When I tried to make a cd of this my comp told me that they were not valid files or something like that. Argh!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 09:57:42 am »
sweet. thanks everyone involved in making this happen
caress me, aunt jemima

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 12:26:28 pm »
wish i could have been there, but can\'t wait to listen to the tracks
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 01:57:11 pm »
are these links working for you guys ?
*Gia*

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 02:02:49 pm »
i couldnt get anything to play. what was your buddy smoken when he decided to convert the show into m4a files?

stublatt

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 02:08:54 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;239742
are these links working for you guys ?

Yes indeed!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 02:26:37 pm »
hmmmm.   i dont know shit about this stuff.  ill send the disks out to gluft this week.
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 02:51:14 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;239744
i couldnt get anything to play. what was your buddy smoken when he decided to convert the show into m4a files?

are m4a files itunes and mac based?

Not that I know if it makes any difference or not.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 03:06:20 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;239758
Quote from: ChrisF;239744

are m4a files itunes and mac based?

Not that I know if it makes any difference or not.

.MP4 versus .M4A file extensions

The existence of two different file extensions for naming audio-only MP4 files has been a source of confusion among users and multimedia playback software. Since MPEG-4 Part 14 is a container format, MPEG-4 files may contain any number of audio, video, and even subtitle streams, making it impossible to determine the type of streams in an MPEG-4 file based on its filename extension alone. In response, Apple Inc. started using and popularizing the .m4a file extension. Software capable of audio/video playback should recognize files with either .m4a or .mp4 file extensions, as would be expected, as there are no file format differences between the two. Most software capable of creating MPEG-4 audio will allow the user to choose the filename extension of the created MPEG-4 files.

While the only official file extension defined by the standard is .mp4, various file extensions are commonly used to indicate intended content:

* MPEG-4 files with audio and video generally use the standard .mp4 extension.
    * Audio-only MPEG-4 files generally have a .m4a extension. This is especially true of non-protected content.
          o MPEG-4 files with audio streams encrypted by FairPlay Digital Rights Management as sold through the iTunes Store use the .m4p extension. iTunes Plus tracks are unencrypted and use .m4a accordingly.
          o Audio book and podcast files, which also contain metadata including chapter markers, images, and hyperlinks, can use the extension .m4a, but more commonly use the .m4b extension. An .m4a audio file cannot "bookmark" (remember the last listening spot), whereas .m4b extension files can.
          o The Apple iPhone uses MPEG-4 audio for its ringtones but uses the .m4r extension rather than the .m4a extension.
    * Raw MPEG-4 Visual bitstreams are named .m4v but this extension is also sometimes used for video in MP4 container format.[16]
    * Mobile phones use 3GP, an implementation of MPEG-4 Part 12 (a.k.a MPEG-4/JPEG2000 ISO Base Media file format), similar to MP4. It uses .3gp and .3g2 extensions. These files also store non-MPEG-4 data (H.263, AMR, TX3G).

The common but non-standard use of the extensions .m4a and .m4v is due to the popularity of Apple’s iPod, iPhone, and iTunes Store. Without modification, Nintendo\'s DSi and Sony\'s PSP can also play M4A

If you are having trouble playing .m4a try simply remaning the files with a .mp4 extension. that works a lot of the time
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 03:28:04 pm »
I\'ll keep my rant on proprietary/DRM/non-standard audio/video to myself...

but anyway Songbird is an open source music player very much like iTunes but without all the restrictions and retarded features. It will play .m4a files.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 05:20:21 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;239773
I\'ll keep my rant on proprietary/DRM/non-standard audio/video to myself...

but anyway Songbird is an open source music player very much like iTunes but without all the restrictions and retarded features. It will play .m4a files.

LOL. I can hear the rant in my mind.

I have always been a big fan of foobar2000. I\'m not sure if it has native support for m4a or whatever.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 05:33:59 pm »
hmm, I\'m having trouble. I want to try and rename the files, but I can\'t seem to figure out how to do it.

has anyone else tried to do this?

might just have to hold out for gluft.

thanks nonetheless bezerker for getting this out there!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 05:42:05 pm »
oh and are we talking peaches as in presidents of the united states of america or peaches en regalia?

and sidenote - the files work for me in itunes... i have a macbook with "snow" leopard and they work just fine. haven\'t tried to put em on my ipod yet tho.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:42:05 pm by Vassillios »
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 06:04:13 pm »
You can plug a Firewire cable into Apple computers too ... of course USB works for everyone and is even a little bit faster :P
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising