Author Topic: Stern  (Read 4614 times)

stabmasterarson

Stern
« on: November 18, 2005, 01:13:31 am »
So im sure most of you know that howard stern is moving to sirius satelitte radio, he has a channel that is completly news about him, as soon as his show ends they start with news about the people on the show and shit like that.  when i worked in the city it was a ritual to switch between him and imus (don imus of imus in the morning) every morning. although this doesnt really affect me since niether of them are on the radio in bumblefuck montana, i was just wondering if anybody actually listens to the radio anymore. the only reason i start this thread is because he is on david letterman right now. i totally forgot how funny the crazy egomaniac is, let me know what you guys think.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Stern
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 02:04:40 am »
Quote from: stabmasterarson
So im sure most of you know that howard stern is moving to sirius satelitte radio, he has a channel that is completly news about him, as soon as his show ends they start with news about the people on the show and shit like that.  when i worked in the city it was a ritual to switch between him and imus (don imus of imus in the morning) every morning. although this doesnt really affect me since niether of them are on the radio in bumblefuck montana, i was just wondering if anybody actually listens to the radio anymore. the only reason i start this thread is because he is on david letterman right now. i totally forgot how funny the crazy egomaniac is, let me know what you guys think.

I do really like Stern\'s show, though I have been listening to a couple local guys (Armstrong & Getty) on my 12 minute ride to work.  In the afternoons, I listen to another local, Michael Savage.

I\'ve never actually heard Imus, though I believe he is Peck\'s cup of tea.  

Good thread - it serves as a reminder that I haven\'t heard Howard in a long time.  Time to set my dial.

My prediction: Mamalakabubadaya is a major fan.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

stabmasterarson

Stern
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 02:28:15 am »
i gotta say i liked imus a bit more, rob bartlett is friggin hilarious, the grizzeled old imus is great, i used to work like five mins from his studio in queens, silver cup studios i believe now he is in jersey.  i still love howard but imus is the man, even if he did that shit to the woman who worked at his ranch or whatever.  as for michael savage i used to listen to him too, 6-9 in ny i think. i forgot about him since ive been out here and i cant find him or rush or anybody to listen to, its all country stations and shit.  are any of the other guys (imus savage rush) on satellite because if they are i may have to make a purchase.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Stern
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 02:32:23 am »
Sounds like I should check out Imus.  I\'m surprised that I\'ve never heard his show, though Stern definitely gets more publicity.  To be honest, I don\'t think I knew much about him till I stumbled upon Private Parts.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

stabmasterarson

Stern
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 02:44:11 am »
imus is great, he is on msnbc at like 5:30 in the morning. i forgot that savage is san fran, he is probably the best serious radio show in the country, imo.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Stern
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 03:21:51 am »
i listened to Stern on the radio for my entire 2 hour cab ride to LAX a couple weeks ago. it was interesting. stern has always cracked me up and its been awhile since ive given him a listen. he had joe frazier on. although most of the time the cab driver and i were cracking up, there were a few moments we looked at each other in amazement at his total disregard for respect. i mean, i know thats how he makes his living, but when he says shit like, "muhammad ali is probably going to die in the next 4 months... are you going to go to his funeral?... for all the horrible things the man said to you, joe, you should bring the sexiest woman you could pay for and have sex on his casket with her... and say hi to ali\'s wife while doing it." ill still listen to him when its on, and yeah, its still real entertaining. its just sometimes you wonder how someone can deliver such crazy talk with such confidence.. it blows my mind.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
Stern
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 06:07:37 am »
imus sucks!!!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Stern
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 06:33:37 am »
while your intitled to your opinions, I gotta agree with the moe.ron on this one. Imus is horrible. I can\'t stand him.

I like stern but never get to hear him. I work 4a-noon and can\'t have a radio, so I miss him. I\'m always asleep by the time E! comes on. I occasionally catch him on mondays when I\'m off, but thats it.

say it ain\'t so devo!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Donbean

• http://www.reggaetraders.com
Stern
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 07:46:12 am »
Ive been a Stern fan for like 15 years now... At least since 89.... He is the best.. Hands down !!!
 Imus is so bad.. He is an old man... Not funny at all.. If I want the news I can turn on cnn.... I like gosip and celebrity stuff and current events not dry political talk.. Especially in the morning...
You know your getting old when you listen to Imus or as I call him Anus....

Bean

spoon

Stern
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 07:52:11 am »
I really cant stand IMUS but Bob and Tom are the worst! All they fuckin do is laugh, someone says something not even close to funny and the room explodes with like 10 peeps ROLFL. Stern rules.  I listen to 3 hours daily.  Great wake up call./

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Stern
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 08:03:20 am »
Can\'t stand either one.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Stern
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 08:06:20 am »
much like in the baseball thread, your opinion doesn\'t count, cardinals fan. ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Stern
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 08:10:29 am »
I hope the Breakfast never plays Inca Roads!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Mamalakabubadaya

Stern
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 08:39:50 am »
Quote from: Mark
rotfl

Quote from: alexanderzurflu
My prediction: Mamalakabubadaya is a major fan.
you better believe it!! i am a huge stern fan and have been for years. "Mamalakabubadaya" is from the morning traffic report scene in Private Parts-classic movie!! as much of an egotistical jackass stern can be, i have always had such respect for him and loved his radio show when i lived in ny, love his tv show-gotta love baba booey, beetlejuice, robyn, the list goes on.

i never really listened to imus much, the level of his being a dick didn\'t match/outweigh his humor, IMO.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Stern
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 08:57:31 am »
Quote from: Mark

well, your safe cause it aint gonna happen. :P