Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-03-28 - Java Barn @ St. Lawrence University; Canton, NY  (Read 9600 times)

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
Setlist: 2009-03-28 - Java Barn @ St. Lawrence University; Canton, NY
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 05:53:27 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;224873
Quote from: bezerker;224872
UVM, UNH, Keene state

just scratchin\' the surface, Brahsephina

Absolutley. The smaller colleges shouldn\'t be ignored.  Nor should weekdays.  A Wed-Sat night run would be interesting.  Weeknights work just fine for college kids.  It even eliminates any suitcase factor.  Keep the schools somewhat close, and encourage kids to follow to the next gig.  Runs like could really make the regional thing work, and build a fan base.

But I\'m beating a dead horse here. For whatever reason, this won\'t happen.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 05:58:36 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;224875

For whatever reason, this won\'t happen.

in my opinion, it\'s because they are entering their 30\'s and have wives and or kids and deserve better than what they are getting (such as playing college dorms)  dont get me wrong i think their fan base will grow a ton but i just dont think they will do it anymore based on all the risks involved
*Gia*

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 07:32:23 pm »
Once again yoda, your inability to function on the same plane of thought as ghe rest of us makes you sound like an ass. Everyone remembers nd respects the greatness that was butterfield, but your incessant ranting leads to others sarcasm leads to more nonsense from you and so on. Why must something good today be compared to something good yesterday? Sorry you had to get old and your missing out these days, but for those who are real fans still making the effort, let em enjoy what theyre experiencimg now. It aint 2001, much has changed, deal with it.
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2009, 08:17:34 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;224865
Quote from: Vassillios;224857
Quote from: Yoda;224835

So who\'s who in that pic? I see Tim is playing the sg

Me = in red in the front of a ponytailed Ron Spears.  Looks like Jocelyn on the left in the dreads/skirt.

Busted, lookin\' hippie slutastic!
Masturbation in the MFA

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2009, 09:01:26 pm »
bunch of w00ks in that pic
*Gia*

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2009, 09:40:50 pm »
Quote from: ellis-d;224892
Once again yoda, your inability to function on the same plane of thought as ghe rest of us makes you sound like an ass. Everyone remembers nd respects the greatness that was butterfield, but your incessant ranting leads to others sarcasm leads to more nonsense from you and so on. Why must something good today be compared to something good yesterday? Sorry you had to get old and your missing out these days, but for those who are real fans still making the effort, let em enjoy what theyre experiencimg now. It aint 2001, much has changed, deal with it.

You\'re right, I can\'t take off from work or leave my pregnant wife and child to travel upstate or to mass... You\'re right, I\'m not a real fan.  Have fun in Colorado :wave:
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2009, 10:21:43 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;224872
UVM

I\'m all over it, from midd to btown
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2009, 10:42:55 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;224857
Quote from: Yoda;224835

So who\'s who in that pic? I see Tim is playing the sg

Which Butterfield show was this? If it\'s the one I\'m thinking of, I\'m somewhere in that picture, but you wouldn\'t be able to see me, I was on the floor somewhere. Floored by the music and the fact I had some sort of very painful infection in my left eye that I really thought was gonna make me blind in that eye. I drove up alone and my brother drove my car back even though he was completely against me being there.

Chances are, it\'s not the show in the picture though.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2009, 11:38:07 pm »
Alright clearly this has spun into some Ser bullshit. Yoda, in no way am i saying you are any more or less of a fan then anyone else, except maybe for some shady newbs. Like that kid at the barn who was smoking crack and talkin jubberish. I digress. I don\'t blame anyone for not coming to any of the upstate shows either but, that does however entitle us to a little ball busting. There is no need to cause a feud in the fantastic network that is the breakfast family. have you all read, http://www.melophobe.com/articles/this-is-not-normal-behavior/, because i think wolfman got it perfect. So lets all just enjoy this awesome band and hope they play any and every show they can book. Lastly, java barns better! haha.

[/QUOTE]

I don\'t see any crazy painting on every sqare inch of wall. Is that Ronnie Spears with a pony tail???
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:38:34 pm by sąikidélik »

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 02:31:32 am »
Quote from: bezerker;224876
Quote from: wildcoyote;224875

For whatever reason, this won\'t happen.

in my opinion, it\'s because they are entering their 30\'s and have wives and or kids and deserve better than what they are getting (such as playing college dorms)  dont get me wrong i think their fan base will grow a ton but i just dont think they will do it anymore based on all the risks involved

what risks? seems pretty legit and def. very possible. I would much rather see them at colleges than at Sully\'s, IH, millstreet etc. (although i will try and be at those as well).

Quote from: sąikidélik;224913
Alright clearly this has spun into some Ser bullshit. Yoda, in no way am i saying you are any more or less of a fan then anyone else, except maybe for some shady newbs. Like that kid at the barn who was smoking crack and talkin jubberish.

Paul 2008 is ser biz ;) just don\'t hang with him too long.
Quote from: sąikidélik;224913
Is that Ronnie Spears with a pony tail???

you are clearly a n00b Broseph. but thats ok. Jeffe=top shelf
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 09:21:04 am »
Quote from: Yoda;224861
If that\'s how you feel about it, then so be it...

To me, PB and TB will always mean the same band (just a different name).

- The band officially changed names on 2/25/04 (press release)
- Nearly 72% of the bands original tunes were written while the band was Psychedelic Breakfast
- With the current line-up since Jordan re-joined the band on 12/19/08, 58% of the tunes written during that era were played; 51% played in the 10 shows this year; 25% played this weekend

If they are not PB anymore, then they should only play songs written as TB with the rare occasion of a PB song.  That would leave you with the following originals:

No Regret, Fresh Cut, Good Things, Psygn, Episode 3, Honey Butter, Surreal Radio, OE, Intension, Future Peek, Tricky Ways, Rust, Tunage, A New Beginning, EE 3&4, The World Needs Us, The Sound, The Message, Rush, Synergy, Living Daylights, Reel Time, Infrequently Asked Questions.

Do you really want to go down that road?  I agree that it\'s not the same band, but to say that the legacy of PB is gone, well, as a fan of the band, you might as well bend over and stick your head up your own ass.

End rant...

blah blah blah... numbers... numbers... gibberish... gibberish

give it up! the past is that way:asskicked
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

roach2226

• snoop
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 03:06:06 pm »
The breakfast afterparty AT UConn following the domination of UNC

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 03:24:02 pm »
First time I saw PB was @ Hobart College. I had no idea who they were but Gladys Pimp sure kicked ass. They played a bar in town a few weeks later and I was hooked for life.

So yeah, college gigs ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 03:37:11 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;225067
First time I saw PB was @ Hobart College. I had no idea who they were but Gladys Pimp sure kicked ass. They played a bar in town a few weeks later and I was hooked for life.

So yeah, college gigs ;)

Moar college gigs please!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 07:14:37 pm »
After a great night\'s sleep at boozer\'s(thanks again man!) we hit the road bound for Canton. I love the north country. There is something special in the air, without a doubt. I love going up there and I hope the band decides to play there again.

What a great deal those kids have going on up there. I would be so stoked if I went there. live dank music almost every night of the week, fo\' free!

Like the pied pipers of rock n\' roll that they are, the first few notes and rhythmic currents drew the kids in from the wilds of St. Lawrence and soon enough the room was full and digging it!

A great groove jam started us off into an awesome CMSS. The Sound was purrfect. Hadn\'t heard this one in a minute and it was good! The room was grooving to the sounds and the band looked like they were having fun.

I was hanging on every note and trying to keep up. Tina must of noticed my intense concentration and asked me, "who\'s leading the jam right now?" Well it was Jordan at this particular moment and damn man, its good to see you back behind the boards. Driving the zamboni. Well, this became a little game throughout the night to pick out who was leading the jam at that moment.  

The homebrews were kicking and the second set lived up to the headiness of the first set with a barrage of jams of ridiculous sickness. I loved the juggle in Tunage where the boys passed the hat around and traded licks. Pretty cool.

Funny, I was just reading a thread about the team Queeb vs. team Rufus thing. So sweet to get them back to back and ripping taboot.

The Chase, the chase, I love the chase.

This lineup has limitless potential. I love it. I can\'t wait for my next road trip. A Breakfast adventure.

Upstate loves the Breakfast!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh