Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-11-29b - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI  (Read 16477 times)

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
Setlist: 2007-11-29b - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 11:37:53 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;170691
yea, I could have made it to the show, but I would have had to leave in the middle of set 2, which with a monster like that we know wouldn\'t have happened, so I would have had to call out today which I couldn\'t afford to do. Damned either way.

i hear ya..... i\'m not going i was just being an ass...........

I\'ll go to see Assembly of Dust at the Living Room tonight, pass out some promo materials for the Middle East show and call it a weekend.

it\'s definitely time to play the Living Room. the freak\'n Wheelhouse is the perfect venue in the WRONG spot. plus they don\'t even have an ad in the free arts paper (the Providence Phoenix) play the Living Room or AS220 that is all maybe URI campus hall other than that.... don\'t bother. unless your playing in there basement RI\'er don\'t go to shows.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 11:55:01 am »
not that it\'s really worth mentioning, but was there a "first tube" tease at the beginning of wake up?
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 12:14:27 pm »
Quote from: solver;170698
not that it\'s really worth mentioning, but was there a "first tube" tease at the beginning of wake up?

it kind of sounded that way but i don\'t think it was deliberate or clear enough to pass as a tease

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 12:16:07 pm »
twas a hint???

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 12:27:15 pm »
I\'ve got a question...  It may not be appropriate for this thread but its probably the most active one at the minute, I figured I\'d give it a shot.  I\'ve been following these guys since about 99.  I saw them the first time they came to my college (University of Hartford) and continued pretty intently until I began working in 2002.  I had a bit of a haitus until  the beginning  of 06 but haven\'t stopped since then. The break was far too long and I\'d forgotten how much I had enjoyed them, but it was incredible to see how\'d they\'d grown in talent.  Anyways... and now to my question.... I realize they had recently started with the new keyboardist Matt, but what has happened to some of their older songs?  Have they retired some of them (ie. Super Fly Phaddy Phat, Garcian Fishbowl, Phatty Boom Batty, Frankly Po Zest, just to name a few)?  Or are the slowly reintroducing them as Matt learns them?  Some of those are my favorites and just wondering why I haven\'t heard them in awhile.  I typically travel where ever in CT they play, getting outside of the state on week nights is a bit tough so maybe I just miss them.  Anyways.... just some food for thought and discussion.
Where to next?

solver

• the moon rulz
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 12:28:37 pm »
Quote from: derickw;170702

it kind of sounded that way but i don\'t think it was deliberate or clear enough to pass as a tease

thanks,
i hate not trusting my ears, but i was sure someone else heard it. i needed at least that confirmation.

yeah, hint, maybe...
but yeah, with the quality of that show, it really is hardly worth mentioning.
skibbiddybopadoobaddydooPOW!POW! [bang!]

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 12:32:43 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;170707
I\'ve got a question...  It may not be appropriate for this thread but its probably the most active one at the minute, I figured I\'d give it a shot.  I\'ve been following these guys since about 99.  I saw them the first time they came to my college (University of Hartford) and continued pretty intently until I began working in 2002.  I had a bit of a haitus until  the beginning  of 06 but haven\'t stopped since then. The break was far too long and I\'d forgotten how much I had enjoyed them, but it was incredible to see how\'d they\'d grown in talent.  Anyways... and now to my question.... I realize they had recently started with the new keyboardist Matt, but what has happened to some of their older songs?  Have they retired some of them (ie. Super Fly Phaddy Phat, Garcian Fishbowl, Phatty Boom Batty, Frankly Po Zest, just to name a few)?  Or are the slowly reintroducing them as Matt learns them?  Some of those are my favorites and just wondering why I haven\'t heard them in awhile.  I typically travel where ever in CT they play, getting outside of the state on week nights is a bit tough so maybe I just miss them.  Anyways.... just some food for thought and discussion.

Yeah Matt is learning the songs.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 12:36:02 pm »
hhaaahaahahahhahahaaaa what a freakin EPIC show!!!! Of the 99 I\'ve now seen, this is definitely up towards the top. I can honestly say I have not had that much fun at a breakfast show in a while!!

the band was incredibly tight last night - some of the best jamming i\'ve heard since matt joined up. HLH was a treat as always, sounded so much fuller than previous versions (dobz)... not a single body was stagnant during Thumpasorus - they brought the funk!

But, no doubt, second set was where it was AT. I have to admit that I have never really been a fan of Rust, but hotdamn, it was a KILLER way to start the set, great jamming, and set a fantastic tone for the rest of the night. but honestly... coma>ep2>coma>ep2 owned the night!!!!!! the crowd was absolutely LOONEY (or it may have just been me in the looney classification) but hot damn, totally emotional, arms the the air, heart-pumping rendition of a breakfast classic. a version that you just surrender to. awesome awesome awesome.

GREAT to see everyone last night !!! and may i be the first to say : WELCOME BACK JOSH f\'n DOBSON! ooooh how we have missed you. it was awesome to see the sound dude groovin at the stage instead of anxiously/obnoxiously blocking my way and screwing up the sound. your presence truly made the evening complete.

thanks to dave, mike, pitch for an awesome ride up!

i can only hope that my 100th show is as epic.... see ya\'ll at the Middle East :D
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 12:43:12 pm »
Thanks Leith...
Where to next?

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 01:11:10 pm »
what a beautiful and magical night last night!  i loved hlh>thumpasaurus (so nasty!!  everyone GOT DOWN with their badselves), and all of set 2 and the encore.  i absolutely LOVED coma>mooboos voodoo>coma>mooboos voodoo, i felt like i was in a dream.  when the levee breaks was a great cover to play- i totally approve, i\'m glad no one in the band attempted plant\'s voice haha.  many thanks to jocelyn and james for picking us up in boston, and gabe and melissa for the company!  great seeing everyone else too!!  can\'t wait for the middle east!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 01:11:59 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;170710

and may i be the first to say : WELCOME BACK JOSH f\'n DOBSON! ooooh how we have missed you. it was awesome to see the sound dude groovin at the stage instead of anxiously/obnoxiously blocking my way and screwing up the sound. your presence truly made the evening complete.

:lol:

so it is safe to say dobs is back on board 100% from here on out?

WONDERFUL AMAZING NEWS!

Have fun at your 100th princess!

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »
mind=blown
got to the wheelhouse during thumpasuarus :banghead::banghead:
but by the end of the second set I really did not care that I missed pretty much the entire first set. that shit was so tight. Animal\'s new drum set is awesome. when this goes up on archive people are gonna flip out that they missed this ser throw down of epic proportions.
great to see the bfam, as per usual, hope to see yous again soon.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 01:57:39 pm »
yowsers......  I don\'t even know where to begin.  great fucking show, can\'t wait to hear it again. level II type shit all night long.. really glad I made it, great to see everyone.. thanks again Joc for the ride!!
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 02:19:23 pm »
Quote from: solver;170708
Quote from: derickw;170702

thanks,
i hate not trusting my ears, but i was sure someone else heard it. i needed at least that confirmation.

yeah, hint, maybe...
but yeah, with the quality of that show, it really is hardly worth mentioning.

ya, but i also thought i heard Tim signing about wanting a shot of Jameson\'s...... so only the tapes will tell

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 02:26:30 pm »
Best of the Matt shows I\'ve seen. The jam to open was exceptional and set the tone for a night that featured outstanding segues, risk-taking, and bust outs. Great to see everyone out and having such a fun time.