Author Topic: Setlist: 2005-05-07 - Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT  (Read 18446 times)

smithers inc

Setlist: 2005-05-07 - Webster Theatre; Hartford, CT
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 05:07:59 pm »
Quote from:

i was a recipient of the .info cd giveaway. I already had the show though, but i plan on using it to turn on some buddies to the breakfast. last night was great though, great covers and adrian\'s solo made my night

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 05:13:21 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Quote from: obsession600
anybody have a guess what the attendance was?

small, very small, probably around 150 maybe 200, just a guess though, place holds around 1000 people.

What\'s the most the guys have pulled into the Webster? I would think it costs them quite a bit to put on a show there. If only 2 or 300 people are showing up in a place w/ that much capacity I would think they lose $$$$ and it sure does not look good to be pulling such a small crowd in their homestate. hmmmmmmmmm
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 05:17:20 pm »
Quote from: leith
Quote from: Spacey
Quote from: obsession600
anybody have a guess what the attendance was?

small, very small, probably around 150 maybe 200, just a guess though, place holds around 1000 people.

What\'s the most the guys have pulled into the Webster? I would think it costs them quite a bit to put on a show there. If only 2 or 300 people are showing up in a place w/ that much capacity I would think they lose $$$$ and it sure does not look good to be pulling such a small crowd in their homestate. hmmmmmmmmm

I believe that the previous Webster show was 500/600 people. I don\'t really know what to say about the attendance. Might just have to wait this one out, I don\'t have a clue why people don\'t come to the shows. Webster Theater isn\'t the best venue either, it\'s in a dumpy part of the city.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

goclic

• The man from up North.
    • http://www.jvjv.net/MB
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 05:20:39 pm »
FYI I was talking to the barmaid last night and she was happy about the turn-out also while last show @ the webster was sold-out it was a "holiday" so...
I came from Canada to probe you people.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 05:28:41 pm »
Yeah, like I was saying to someone last night.  The last few shows at the Webster were Halloween, New Years and a co-bill w/ AGP, so considering that, it seemed like a pretty decent turnout.  I\'d say there were more like high 200\'s to low 300\'s like goclic said.  It sucks that the bar situation has almost half the crowd as far from the stage as possible, but those that were up front were really getting into it.  Definitely a lot of energy down there, and it must\'ve been nice for the band to come home to an excited fanbase.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2005, 05:44:06 pm »
Quote from: goclic
FYI I was talking to the barmaid last night and she was happy about the turn-out also while last show @ the webster was sold-out it was a "holiday" so...

Well if the bar staff is happy it usually means the turn out is solid. Good to hear that.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

goclic

• The man from up North.
    • http://www.jvjv.net/MB
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2005, 06:14:15 pm »

Well if the bar staff is happy it usually means the turn out is solid. Good to hear that.

Yeah, that\'s what I figured as well.

Oh I would be the n00b to whom igz pointed out that it was 10/31 and not Thankagiving that they had last played the Webster btw ;)
I came from Canada to probe you people.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 06:25:16 pm »

maybe the bar staff was happy because the breakfast fans are some SER drinkers, so although there were only a couple hundred there, we did about 500 heads worth of damage.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2005, 07:49:34 pm »
sick show everyone...........glad i met you dave and mama............i can\'t say that i\'m pumped about the next hartford show though, that place suuuucks ! what a jones of a city
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2005, 07:50:35 pm »
as long as they play shows like that, i\'ll be sure to be there.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2005, 07:50:49 pm »
bezerker -

every show I go to, you are there!

what are the odds that we have stood shoulder to shoulder?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2005, 08:03:36 pm »
well shit man what do you look like???  i definetly know you\'ve been to all the shows i have.  im sure ive seen you lots of people look familiar.
*Gia*

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2005, 08:13:41 pm »
hot damn.
ser show,as always..
good to see the boys back in town.
timmyp=shredder from outerspace
good to get the garcian.
the plan was perfectly executed.
ramble on rose with seanie gave me a full blown boner,and during "goodbye momma and poppa",i actually came in my pants..oh well,shit happens...
i wish there was more kids there,but it was good seeing the family.were growin!!
oh yea,the drunk monk jam=off the chain
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2005, 08:39:08 pm »
Good times again. Wah, Gencs, Dave, Mike, Aruny good to see ya. Giavanna, nice to meet you, hope you made it to wherever you ended up deciding to go safely. Theo, good to meet ya, good to see you found you\'re way. The Tim/Adrian trade-off was pretty sweet, I was in awe. Drum solo, BEST ever that I have seen, he was just tearing it up, I could only stand there in awe, grin from ear to ear, jaw dropped and stare in amazement. As previously mentioned, Sean\'s mandolin was barely hearable, but his singing was nothing short of awesome, he nailed Ramble on Rose. Seth, assuming it was you\'re doing behind the lights, awesome job. I was a lucky recipient of a .info bundle, but gave it away to someone else. As for my guesstimate on attendance, maybe there were 200-300 people, but in my opinion it felt more like 100-150. I think thats cos of the amount of people staying up in the bar area and in that middle section, so I didn\'t really grasp a good idea of the total amount. Still am not a big fan of the webster as a whole though, shitty neighborhood, sketchy workers (except the bartenders, they seem alright), $5 beers, and the fact that no matter how many times I\'ve been there I could never find my way out of there and end up getting on the highway over near the clear channel buidling (last night after dropping someone off at UHartford, we missed a turn and drove down one of the scariest streets I have ever been on.).
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2005, 08:43:26 pm »
Sickness...Got my first set opener correct and everything else wrong..but that was definately my first "called" opener....which was a nice personal acheivement....The Webster Theater SUCKS BALLS.....All night all I kept thinking was, "I wish we were at Sully\'s or Porters".  Confirmed 1st Breakfast banner thanks to Spacey and crew.  I hope that was the first of many....  The Garcian Sandwich was out of  control.  

Before the show you could see how tired and road weary the boys were.  But when they hit the stage it was exactly what i was hoping for and then some.  

The Ramble On Rose and Sympathy For The Devil have been played numerous times by the Smokin Boomers.  Great to see Seanie up there rocking the shit out of his mandolin...

The whole show was one gigantic highlight.  Stand outs in my mind See The Light, Drunk Monk Bar, Born To Be Wild, and the best and most amazing drum solo I have seen to date...I don\'t even remember Buquebus, but I do remember Sympathy....that is strange....

BillyChags and I got so fucking lost in New Britan we ended up picking up 84 towards Waterbury>Rt. 8 south....Long night, but so so worth it.....

The attendance was light, but the show was fucking heavy....

Thanks to MoeTICA for the late night hospitaly....I hope your roommate wasnt too pissed....

Ulee\'s Gold FOR LIFE!!!!!

5-7-05 Webster Theater
I: May Fly Disarray, Garcian Fishbowl > See The Light*, Fresh Cut** > Garcian Fishbowl, What The Funk^, jam^^ > No Regret, Ramble On Rose#@, Drunk Monk Bar

II: jam > Sleeping Beauty, Hard Luck Harry > No Glove No Love, Born To Be Wild > Drum Solo, Buquebus

E: Sympathy For The Devil#@@

* inverted.
** with \'The Andy Griffith Show Theme\' teases.
^ with drum intro.
^^ Tim & Adrian \'trading licks\'.
@ Grateful Dead cover; first time played.
@@ Rolling Stones cover; first time played.
# with Sean Miller on mandolin and vocals.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph